Horrible microstutters/hit reg/movement CSGO/other games

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
AwkCS

Horrible microstutters/hit reg/movement CSGO/other games

Post by AwkCS » 11 Dec 2021, 06:19

Hello, for about a year now I have been experiencing horrible problems in CSGO and pretty much every game I play, it has completely ruined my love for gaming. It all started about a year ago at least that I could notice when I started getting these issues, everything on my computer just started feeling completely different, for a long period of time I just thought it was something in my head. Games I had played for years didn’t feel the way they used to smoothness wise and everything else. So then I thought that I needed to do pc optimizations and did everything I could find online, pretty much only made the problem worse or would help for a little then it would come back. I for sure thought my hardware was just old and wasn’t performing up to what it used to (1060+ 7700k) but the computer I had before that was even worse and would just cause low fps but everything was pretty smooth and playable. So I decided in June to just fork up a lot of money and purchase a completely new PC and monitor, so I got a 5900x and 3070 and thought there was no way this problem persists. Unfortunately, it did, and honestly it feels the exact same as the 7700k and 1060. Same issues in desktop, game, etc. I don’t know what to do and I’ve pretty much given up, the only time this actually felt good was after a power outage in the area in September due to a tornado for about 5 days the computer ran completely fine and felt smooth as can be which really made me think I had completely lost it mentally. I have no thoughts or reasons why that would be. Any help or theories would be completely appreciated, I should also state I only moved into this house about 5 years ago but for 3 years I didn’t game at all due to doing other things in my life and had lost the passion for it at the time. Thank you!

Unixko

Re: Horrible microstutters/hit reg/movement CSGO/other games

Post by Unixko » 11 Dec 2021, 18:58

AwkCS wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 06:19
Hello, for about a year now I have been experiencing horrible problems in CSGO and pretty much every game I play, it has completely ruined my love for gaming. It all started about a year ago at least that I could notice when I started getting these issues, everything on my computer just started feeling completely different, for a long period of time I just thought it was something in my head. Games I had played for years didn’t feel the way they used to smoothness wise and everything else. So then I thought that I needed to do pc optimizations and did everything I could find online, pretty much only made the problem worse or would help for a little then it would come back. I for sure thought my hardware was just old and wasn’t performing up to what it used to (1060+ 7700k) but the computer I had before that was even worse and would just cause low fps but everything was pretty smooth and playable. So I decided in June to just fork up a lot of money and purchase a completely new PC and monitor, so I got a 5900x and 3070 and thought there was no way this problem persists. Unfortunately, it did, and honestly it feels the exact same as the 7700k and 1060. Same issues in desktop, game, etc. I don’t know what to do and I’ve pretty much given up, the only time this actually felt good was after a power outage in the area in September due to a tornado for about 5 days the computer ran completely fine and felt smooth as can be which really made me think I had completely lost it mentally. I have no thoughts or reasons why that would be. Any help or theories would be completely appreciated, I should also state I only moved into this house about 5 years ago but for 3 years I didn’t game at all due to doing other things in my life and had lost the passion for it at the time. Thank you!
respect brother and welcome to the club unfortunately there is no fix for that yet

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 11 Dec 2021, 21:40

Another wounded soldier from the same battle.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

akylen

Post by akylen » 12 Dec 2021, 13:36

I would like to say that I also noticed something in my problem on my side, is that sometimes when I shoot and do a headshot at someone, I am not even on him, it is like I would shoot a little in prevention of his movement and he would die, whereas if I shoot him where his body is, no bullet hits him.

dark9550

Post by dark9550 » 12 Dec 2021, 15:19

AwkCS wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 06:19
Same here. Microstutters (frametime spikes) on every game (EVEN ON PS5 GAMES)
What about other devices in your home?
PS. I know what you feel bro, my mental health is a mess because of that