EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
akylen

Re: EMI / Bad Electricity 5 years journey (I 'fixed' it)

Post by akylen » 07 Jan 2022, 11:30

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 07 Jan 2022, 13:12

InputLagger wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 09:28
BigBoi wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:08
Suggestion for anybody testing different locations: try and see if you can test somewhere without a "smart meter", it has to be a regular solid state or mechanical electric meter. It also has to be a single house, if it's an appartment building with a bunch of meters installed right next to each others it won't matter (because you're gonna have a bunch of "smart meters" interfering with the regular one). I just want to confirm if my theory has any relevance. The way that people keep saying that this problem is present in different locations and also how it started around 2014-2015 which aligns with the dates in which smart meters were deployed in masses to residential houses and commercial buildings makes me suspicious about that.
I don't have any meters, smart or don't smart(for electricity) in my location and have delay, desync. Desktop is still smooth. Win 7x64, amd fx 8350 am3+ platform with Asus pro r 2.0 mobo, 16gb 2133 ram with gtx 770 4gb
BigBoi wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:28
dervu wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:17
I heard about issues with powerline network adapters dropping connection because of smart meters.
On the other side I lived in place with everything newly built for some time, it definitely had smart meters. There was no issue there.
Another question is if they are all equal smart meters. If one is being worse with emitting interference and another being good.
That's what I'm wondering as well, where I live, most smart meter if not all of them are from landys+gir, maybe those ones are bad? I remember reading somewhere that there is some places in some country in which the deployment of smart meters did not go through so even if new places were built, they would probably still be fitted with regular meters. Another theory that I thought also is how 5 Ghz wifi bands are much more common nowadays compared to before (2.4 Ghz only), maybe they could interfere with computers?
My pc setup from 2013 -14 years, without rgb led or WiFi shit.
Maybe we're all have different kinds of this "lag" so solution will be only for particular issue which the person would have
How does your electric company measure your power consumption and charge you then? Also, I wasn't talking WiFi adapters for your PC, I was talking about WiFi signals from your router or the neighbors and if they interact with computer components.
akylen wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 11:30
In france , we all have this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... -Linky.JPG
That's a smart meter alright : https://www.itron.com/na/solutions/prod ... alog/linky

akylen

Post by akylen » 07 Jan 2022, 16:06

BigBoi wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 13:12
InputLagger wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 09:28
BigBoi wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:08
Suggestion for anybody testing different locations: try and see if you can test somewhere without a "smart meter", it has to be a regular solid state or mechanical electric meter. It also has to be a single house, if it's an appartment building with a bunch of meters installed right next to each others it won't matter (because you're gonna have a bunch of "smart meters" interfering with the regular one). I just want to confirm if my theory has any relevance. The way that people keep saying that this problem is present in different locations and also how it started around 2014-2015 which aligns with the dates in which smart meters were deployed in masses to residential houses and commercial buildings makes me suspicious about that.
I don't have any meters, smart or don't smart(for electricity) in my location and have delay, desync. Desktop is still smooth. Win 7x64, amd fx 8350 am3+ platform with Asus pro r 2.0 mobo, 16gb 2133 ram with gtx 770 4gb
BigBoi wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:28
dervu wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 13:17
I heard about issues with powerline network adapters dropping connection because of smart meters.
On the other side I lived in place with everything newly built for some time, it definitely had smart meters. There was no issue there.
Another question is if they are all equal smart meters. If one is being worse with emitting interference and another being good.
That's what I'm wondering as well, where I live, most smart meter if not all of them are from landys+gir, maybe those ones are bad? I remember reading somewhere that there is some places in some country in which the deployment of smart meters did not go through so even if new places were built, they would probably still be fitted with regular meters. Another theory that I thought also is how 5 Ghz wifi bands are much more common nowadays compared to before (2.4 Ghz only), maybe they could interfere with computers?
My pc setup from 2013 -14 years, without rgb led or WiFi shit.
Maybe we're all have different kinds of this "lag" so solution will be only for particular issue which the person would have
How does your electric company measure your power consumption and charge you then? Also, I wasn't talking WiFi adapters for your PC, I was talking about WiFi signals from your router or the neighbors and if they interact with computer components.
akylen wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 11:30
In france , we all have this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... -Linky.JPG
That's a smart meter alright : https://www.itron.com/na/solutions/prod ... alog/linky
With google traduction, it translate = electric meter

i dont know if this is considered a smart meter

From this doc , it is considered a smart meter. https://www.enedis.fr/sites/default/fil ... nglais.pdf

SplaCh

Post by SplaCh » 07 Feb 2022, 20:23

Does a "dirty" pc affect an apartment with "good" electricity? I want to ask if it can be plugged in or do I have to buy a new one at first? (Sorry my poor English)

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 08 Feb 2022, 05:08

SplaCh wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 20:23
Does a "dirty" pc affect an apartment with "good" electricity? I want to ask if it can be plugged in or do I have to buy a new one at first? (Sorry my poor English)
It wouldn't affect the good electricity but the good electricity won't make the pc clean, the pc would still be dirty. Trust me on this one.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 08 Feb 2022, 18:31

assombrosso wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 05:08
SplaCh wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 20:23
It wouldn't affect the good electricity but the good electricity won't make the pc clean, the pc would still be dirty. Trust me on this one.
mhh i have doubts about that i have my pc in a shitty location for years and when i play in my brother house the pc works smooth af

g00d8y3

Post by g00d8y3 » 27 May 2022, 23:22

I saw someone was trying portable power stations from europe and they say when they try to use portable power station, device switching 110v 60hz and it means psu switch too. When they use it like that they say game begin more faster like just fast but desync and inputlag still there. Did anybody try it before? I usually see this problem in people who receive 230v 50hz electricity in Europe, but I have not seen anyone involved in the USA or Japan.

texre

Post by texre » 08 Mar 2023, 23:33

This thread is king.take notes I 100% believe what he said on the first page. I do believe ‘now’ pc parts get infected. So if people bought used parts that were infected it could possibly not be there location. Unless everyone bought their stuff brand new. But Ik a lot of people buy used gpus

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 09 Mar 2023, 14:41

texre wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 23:33
This thread is king.take notes I 100% believe what he said on the first page. I do believe ‘now’ pc parts get infected. So if people bought used parts that were infected it could possibly not be there location. Unless everyone bought their stuff brand new. But Ik a lot of people buy used gpus
Even if they do somehow get "infected", definitely not all of them do. Why? Because I had my GPU repaired and at that place I tested the mouse and it was perfect, the way it should be. And this was after I already had it for weeks with this input lag issue.

Maybe motherboard or PSU get infected, but defo not GPU (at least not in my case).

texre

Post by texre » 09 Mar 2023, 16:42

TheKelz wrote:
09 Mar 2023, 14:41
texre wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 23:33
Even if they do somehow get "infected", definitely not all of them do. Why? Because I had my GPU repaired and at that place I tested the mouse and it was perfect, the way it should be. And this was after I already had it for weeks with this input lag issue.

Maybe motherboard or PSU get infected, but defo not GPU (at least not in my case).
I think every single part gets infected like if I plug my pc into my house then into my solar gen it feels like shit at first then it goes to being good. If I just leave it in my solar gen it works fine every single time no problem. So I think it gets infected forever but if you get good power it’ll make the effects less noticeable