Rfi causing input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
gorkem686950

Rfi causing input lag

Post by gorkem686950 » 27 Jun 2022, 13:05

Hello guys firstly sorry for my english. I live in Turkey. I have input lag from 3 years. My game(CS:GO, Valorant) is unsmooth, enemy see me first, bad hitreg, bad enemy movement, slowly game, bad sound quality. I tried offine, every windows tweaks, every gaming isos, line interactive ups, bios tweaks, emi filter, surge protector, only one line on different line off, ferrit nuves , different monitor,GPU,PSU,disk,mouse,keyboard,headset,motherboard but didnt works. Today i tried moved the monitor 1.5-2 meters away from the keyboard, mouse, headset and my game is smooth and good hitreg! when me close to monitor and keyborad,mouse,headset input lag is coming back so guys i waiting your helps!

My pc specs:
144 hz 1 ms LCD monitor, Logitech mx518 legendary mouse, 0.2 ms bloody keyboard, cheap headset
Gtx 1050 ti, Ryzen 5 1600, Asus a320m-f (tried Gigabyte b450m-s2h),16 gb 3000 mhz ram, 256 gb ssd, 500 gb hdd, 600 watt bronze PSU

Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Rfi causing input lag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 27 Jun 2022, 15:16

gorkem686950 wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 13:05
Hello guys firstly sorry for my english. I live in Turkey. I have input lag from 3 years. My game(CS:GO, Valorant) is unsmooth, enemy see me first, bad hitreg, bad enemy movement, slowly game, bad sound quality. I tried offine, every windows tweaks, every gaming isos, line interactive ups, bios tweaks, emi filter, surge protector, only one line on different line off, ferrit nuves , different monitor,GPU,PSU,disk,mouse,keyboard,headset,motherboard but didnt works. Today i tried moved the monitor 1.5-2 meters away from the keyboard, mouse, headset and my game is smooth and good hitreg! when me close to monitor and keyborad,mouse,headset input lag is coming back so guys i waiting your helps!

My pc specs:
144 hz 1 ms LCD monitor, Logitech mx518 legendary mouse, 0.2 ms bloody keyboard, cheap headset
Gtx 1050 ti, Ryzen 5 1600, Asus a320m-f (tried Gigabyte b450m-s2h),16 gb 3000 mhz ram, 256 gb ssd, 500 gb hdd, 600 watt bronze PSU
That's interesting.. is it your peripherals that are causing the lag by being close the the monitor, or is it actually you. You always carry some sort of a charge on your body "static charge" this charge, if strong enough, can cause an electric field around you. Some people are more prone to holding in a static charge than others.

I'm just talking, this can mean absolutely nothing, but in general, USB cables have a ground line that goes through them, if your system is properly grounded your peripherals will be grounded too and should not be emitting EMI, or at least not enough to be picked up by an EMF meter extremely close to them.

Questions: Do you have a rug/carpet under your PC? Do you have a chair with a leather seat? Do you play barefoot or you wear sandals or home slippers with a rubber base? All of these things help build up static charge in your body, but is it enough to disrupt a monitor's functionality? Who knows.

Moreover, Electrolytes could help regulate your body charge, cheapest way to do it is grab a sport drink of some sort and drink it while in a gaming session to see if it helps. There are electrolyte boosters, but those are a bit more expansive than sport drinks.

P.S. I'm just speculating, at this point nothing is too weird lol.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Xehet

Post by Xehet » 28 Jun 2022, 06:07

gorkem686950 wrote:
Today i tried moved the monitor 1.5-2 meters away from the keyboard, mouse, headset and my game is smooth and good hitreg! when me close to monitor and keyborad,mouse,headset input lag is coming back so guys i waiting your helps!
Did you ever try to record your gameplay with an external camera and OBS, or any other screen recording software, at the same time? If your issue is due to your monitor being affected by other devices, then when you watch your software recordings, e.g. OBS recording, the issue, most likely, will not be visible. Even if you cannot record with an external camera, just using OBS might provide some insight on your issue. If you cannot spot your issue when you watch the screen recording, but can feel it during your gameplay, only way to be sure that you have an issue would be recording with an external camera to ensure that there is an issue. Nevertheless, I suggest you try OBS to start diagnosing your issue.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 28 Jun 2022, 06:11

Its sad to see ppl in 2022 still tweeking windows…. not much to add then

Bobo

Post by Bobo » 28 Jun 2022, 06:25

MegaMelmek wrote:
28 Jun 2022, 06:11
Its sad to see ppl in 2022 still tweeking windows…. not much to add then
wrong, its not just 1 thing, its everything, including windows.

Eonds

Post by Eonds » 28 Jun 2022, 11:27

gorkem686950 wrote:

My pc specs:
That hardware is the opposite of low latency. All of this scales with each symptom you have. Try getting low latency hardware first. It's actually not as expensive as you'd imagine. I think the last part is placebo but incase it isn't try disabling all RGB (lights) on your keyboard/mouse/monitor & make sure you aren't using a wireless headset. Also try using a wired mouse.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 29 Jun 2022, 10:01

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 15:16
gorkem686950 wrote:

My pc specs:
That's interesting.. is it your peripherals that are causing the lag by being close the the monitor, or is it actually you. You always carry some sort of a charge on your body "static charge" this charge, if strong enough, can cause an electric field around you. Some people are more prone to holding in a static charge than others.

I'm just talking, this can mean absolutely nothing, but in general, USB cables have a ground line that goes through them, if your system is properly grounded your peripherals will be grounded too and should not be emitting EMI, or at least not enough to be picked up by an EMF meter extremely close to them.

Questions: Do you have a rug/carpet under your PC? Do you have a chair with a leather seat? Do you play barefoot or you wear sandals or home slippers with a rubber base? All of these things help build up static charge in your body, but is it enough to disrupt a monitor's functionality? Who knows.

Moreover, Electrolytes could help regulate your body charge, cheapest way to do it is grab a sport drink of some sort and drink it while in a gaming session to see if it helps. There are electrolyte boosters, but those are a bit more expansive than sport drinks.

P.S. I'm just speculating, at this point nothing is too weird lol.
This is my ultimate theory tbh lol. I always had this lag with the same symptoms across 15 locations And across different continents, I played in ksa and nz. I experienced input lag bad reg etc on ps3 , ps4 abd my newly built pc. I have also played on three gaming cafe, the input lag comes after 1-2 matches. Maybe there are some people who have strong some sort of electromagnetic field around them, I think I’m possessed by a demon when I was young and this Moro be causin all types of lag issues. I swear I feel my case is this.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 30 Jun 2022, 13:48

Then just find Electrolyte boosters and order them, a pack of 8 is around $20. Worth the try, if it doesn't work, you'd at least end up feeling great lol.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

gorkem686950

Post by gorkem686950 » 02 Jul 2022, 12:09

when me try other socket my home input is gone 5 minutes then coming back.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 05 Jul 2022, 01:27

NOH wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 13:54
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 13:48
Then just find Electrolyte boosters and order them, a pack of 8 is around $20. Worth the try, if it doesn't work, you'd at least end up feeling great lol.
its ridiculous man, but for your information i do lots of cycling and running and been using electrolytes for half a year at least. it doesnt do anythign to this issue :D
Damnit!