Btw here's what good electricity looks like

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
TheKelz

Re: Btw here's what good electricity looks like

Post by TheKelz » 18 Aug 2022, 17:56

Mugabi wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 17:42
TheKelz wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 08:20
Heimz0r wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 15:54
Yagami wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 14:31

Crosshair VIII Dark HERO + EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 owner here. Doesn't change anything.
Also, I had Crosshair VIII HERO WI-FI + Seasonic FOCUS+ 750W - same problem.
That's great to know!
I am thinking about building a completely new system after ryzen 7000 drops where I buy everything completely new,even my screen. For peripherals I will get everything wireless. Let's see if that can change something... If not then I will just give up and go back to single player games where it doesn't matter that much if the game runs a bit crappy.
I hope that helps you mate, because it didn't in my case. Bought a pretty high end rig, but got the same issue, then bought even a better rig with a different CPU and MB, but the issue remains. It's unbelievable how unfixable this problem is.

I'm planning on brining my case to the office I used to work as IT. I remember troubleshooting and/or building PC's there and none had this issue. So I wanna just test how will my PC work in that office with their electricity. God I hope I will see something different otherwise if the same happens there, I will pull my hair out.
Before I went and purchased new pc parts, I have tested my pc in 4-5 different locations and I got the same issu, I also tested it using a power uni with small difference that may very well be a placebo. Getting a strong mobo and psu, helped fix the issue mostly for me, things before were really really really bad. By trying different mobo cpu, have you noticed any difference? Or is it the exact same thing? I spend hours aday playing so I know if there’s a slight difference or not.
Yeah, same, I can feel the slightest differences. My mouse first works fine and then as the game goes on, it becomes laggy and feels like mouse sliding on ice, pisses me off so much because I immediately become a noob and unable to play like I can anymore. First 2 minutes of the round is when I shine, then I just decline. It makes my nerves boil.

My first PC that had this issue was a DDR3 system with i7 4790k in it. Never managed to fix the issue, so I went with an i7 10700k and Gigabyte Z590 UC AD mobo, which should be good enough for the CPU, but no luck, still the same issue. Then I went with an i9 10850k and MSI Z490 Gaming Plus > exact same issue, no difference.

I'm defo gonna test my PC in the office I used to work at before throwing my money again on a different, "better" part. If the same happens, I will indeed commit and get a very high end mobo for my CPU as a last resort, probably MSI 490 Tomahawk, which has a 16 power phase compared to my mobo's 12 + 1 + 1. Or any other recommended high end mobo which is available in my country (don't have a patience to wait for an order, plus if it will come broken, I will be pissed).

In the end, it may very well be a combination of mid tier parts with high end ones, like my CPU and mobo, but this still sounds a bit strange to me and I'm skeptical that it's the case here, especially since Gigabyte Z590 is more than enough for i7 10700k, which had an exact same issue. But hey, seems like we never know before we test it.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 18 Aug 2022, 18:38

TheKelz wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 17:56
Mugabi wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
Heimz0r wrote:

That's great to know!
I am thinking about building a completely new system after ryzen 7000 drops where I buy everything completely new,even my screen. For peripherals I will get everything wireless. Let's see if that can change something... If not then I will just give up and go back to single player games where it doesn't matter that much if the game runs a bit crappy.
I hope that helps you mate, because it didn't in my case. Bought a pretty high end rig, but got the same issue, then bought even a better rig with a different CPU and MB, but the issue remains. It's unbelievable how unfixable this problem is.

I'm planning on brining my case to the office I used to work as IT. I remember troubleshooting and/or building PC's there and none had this issue. So I wanna just test how will my PC work in that office with their electricity. God I hope I will see something different otherwise if the same happens there, I will pull my hair out.
Before I went and purchased new pc parts, I have tested my pc in 4-5 different locations and I got the same issu, I also tested it using a power uni with small difference that may very well be a placebo. Getting a strong mobo and psu, helped fix the issue mostly for me, things before were really really really bad. By trying different mobo cpu, have you noticed any difference? Or is it the exact same thing? I spend hours aday playing so I know if there’s a slight difference or not.
Yeah, same, I can feel the slightest differences. My mouse first works fine and then as the game goes on, it becomes laggy and feels like mouse sliding on ice, pisses me off so much because I immediately become a noob and unable to play like I can anymore. First 2 minutes of the round is when I shine, then I just decline. It makes my nerves boil.

My first PC that had this issue was a DDR3 system with i7 4790k in it. Never managed to fix the issue, so I went with an i7 10700k and Gigabyte Z590 UC AD mobo, which should be good enough for the CPU, but no luck, still the same issue. Then I went with an i9 10850k and MSI Z490 Gaming Plus > exact same issue, no difference.

I'm defo gonna test my PC in the office I used to work at before throwing my money again on a different, "better" part. If the same happens, I will indeed commit and get a very high end mobo for my CPU as a last resort, probably MSI 490 Tomahawk, which has a 16 power phase compared to my mobo's 12 + 1 + 1. Or any other recommended high end mobo which is available in my country (don't have a patience to wait for an order, plus if it will come broken, I will be pissed).

In the end, it may very well be a combination of mid tier parts with high end ones, like my CPU and mobo, but this still sounds a bit strange to me and I'm skeptical that it's the case here, especially since Gigabyte Z590 is more than enough for i7 10700k, which had an exact same issue. But hey, seems like we never know before we test it.
I’m not a big fan of gigabyte, my last mobo was gigabyte and it was nothing but disastrous. Try all asus made products and check compatibility with other parts before purchasing. Have you ever tried a GPU swap? Heard some guys on reddit saying they got lag/input lag with a new GPU. Also , perhaps u tested this but Are your issues same online/offline? Do you start playing well first 2 rounds then things become really really bad ?

Heimz0r

Post by Heimz0r » 19 Aug 2022, 08:43

Mugabi wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 17:46
Heimz0r wrote:
Yagami wrote:
Heimz0r wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 16:22

Did you already try the Asus Dark Hero Pro + Be Quiet Dark Power 12 850 W fix? apparently a high end motherboard and psu can handle some emi and filter it somehow.
Crosshair VIII Dark HERO + EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 owner here. Doesn't change anything.
That's great to know!
Before you do that, try to test your pc in a location far away from your place, might take some effort but it would better than spending a lot of money on new things that could not resolve the issue. Get a power station to test your pc with refund policy. After this, follow my guide regarding pc parts, strong mobo strong cpu, normal gpu non gigabyte (get asus one), very good case with no glass panels, good cable management. Pray to allah something happens
I moved to a new place that is around 25 km from my old place this year and I have exactly the same problem as I had before. For a few days it was fine but then went to shit again. Maybe that is because I didn't use my PC for two weeks or so when I was busy with the move.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 19 Aug 2022, 11:25

Mugabi wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 18:38
TheKelz wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
TheKelz wrote:

I’m not a big fan of gigabyte, my last mobo was gigabyte and it was nothing but disastrous. Try all asus made products and check compatibility with other parts before purchasing. Have you ever tried a GPU swap? Heard some guys on reddit saying they got lag/input lag with a new GPU. Also , perhaps u tested this but Are your issues same online/offline? Do you start playing well first 2 rounds then things become really really bad ?
On a DDR3 system, I had an Asrock mobo, then Gigabyte, then MSI. I highly doubt only Asus is input lag free, to be fair, but yes, I'm planning on buying a very high end Asus mobo if the same happens in the office I have to try my PC at.

GPU swap doesn't help. At least not at the moment, because I've used GTX 1060, then two RX 580 different variants and now 6600 XT. I'm selling my 6600 XT right now to get Nvidia back, but highly doubt it will help since people have this issue with Nvidia as well. As for offline/online > doesn't matter. This issue even happens in BIOS. I load BIOS, everything first reacts super quickly, but then BIOS itself also becomes kinda slow, mouse stops being fast and precise. Yes, I can feel it even there. No ethernet cable > still the same issue, singleplayer games suffer from the same thing.

It's been 4 years, I've tried everything possible, it just feels unfixable. I don't have to play a lottery with what parts I buy and use, hoping that one specific part will help me, because before 2018, I NEVER had to think even for a second for such thing, I would pick up any PC, bring it home and it would work exceptionally well with no such issues. This is just some beyond my understanding sh.t, but I'm still motivated to get this fixed, so I will keep troubleshooting until I give up.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 19 Aug 2022, 22:58

TheKelz wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 11:25
Mugabi wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
Mugabi wrote:

On a DDR3 system, I had an Asrock mobo, then Gigabyte, then MSI. I highly doubt only Asus is input lag free, to be fair, but yes, I'm planning on buying a very high end Asus mobo if the same happens in the office I have to try my PC at.

GPU swap doesn't help. At least not at the moment, because I've used GTX 1060, then two RX 580 different variants and now 6600 XT. I'm selling my 6600 XT right now to get Nvidia back, but highly doubt it will help since people have this issue with Nvidia as well. As for offline/online > doesn't matter. This issue even happens in BIOS. I load BIOS, everything first reacts super quickly, but then BIOS itself also becomes kinda slow, mouse stops being fast and precise. Yes, I can feel it even there. No ethernet cable > still the same issue, singleplayer games suffer from the same thing.

It's been 4 years, I've tried everything possible, it just feels unfixable. I don't have to play a lottery with what parts I buy and use, hoping that one specific part will help me, because before 2018, I NEVER had to think even for a second for such thing, I would pick up any PC, bring it home and it would work exceptionally well with no such issues. This is just some beyond my understanding sh.t, but I'm still motivated to get this fixed, so I will keep troubleshooting until I give up.
Did you ever try to build a pc with extract the same configuration as famous twitch streamers, which don't have the problem?

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 20 Aug 2022, 01:23

TheKelz wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
Mugabi wrote:

Yeah I understand your issues my bro, i even had the lag on bios back on my old b550 Aorus elite mobo, shit was laggy as hell and I didn’t have it with this mobo and csgo shooting is very good. I still have mouse input Lag being slow but other stuff improved. I have seen tons of threads of ppl saying they upgraded their pc with a new part or completely new one and they got tons of input lag, many of them are competitive faceit level 10 players. I read one where the dude didn’t understand why his new better pc is way slower than his old potato pc, so he put them next to each other, plugged each to sand monitor with the same account and windows and everything, old pc was way way faster than new pc, I can link you the thread. This is why I’m saying it’s not a guarantee that it’s electricity to users but it could definitely be it who knows. Have you tried different locations like I have? I have tried 4 . Zero change lol. I tried a power generator, no change but small right after pc opens, tested it hard for 5 days then brought power station back.
back. So try doing those first before ruling electricity out my brudda.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 20 Aug 2022, 01:27

Heimz0r wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 08:43
Mugabi wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 17:46
Heimz0r wrote:
Yagami wrote:

That's great to know!
Before you do that, try to test your pc in a location far away from your place, might take some effort but it would better than spending a lot of money on new things that could not resolve the issue. Get a power station to test your pc with refund policy. After this, follow my guide regarding pc parts, strong mobo strong cpu, normal gpu non gigabyte (get asus one), very good case with no glass panels, good cable management. Pray to allah something happens
I moved to a new place that is around 25 km from my old place this year and I have exactly the same problem as I had before. For a few days it was fine but then went to shit again. Maybe that is because I didn't use my PC for two weeks or so when I was busy with the move.
Yeah I tried 4 with no change, the exact same thing, the generator is similar as well. But I remember maybe was fast just after pc opens but becomes bad like normal . Tested it for 5 days, returned it. It ain’t for me.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 20 Aug 2022, 03:15

InputLagger wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 22:58
TheKelz wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
TheKelz wrote:

Did you ever try to build a pc with extract the same configuration as famous twitch streamers, which don't have the problem?
That's what I'm trying to do, to be honest. I'm a big jackfrag's fan and I every time I watch his videos I get jealous of his perfect mouse input and no hitreg issues, but I cannot in the life of me find what RAM and motherboard he is using these days, I only know he has RTX 3090, that's it. As for twitch, I don't use it unfortunately.

I'm using MZI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus because I've seen people gaming with this mobo and had no input lag, but where did I see it, I cannot remember unfortunately. I need some time before I will get a new mobo and other stuff, but will defo have you guys updated, especially if I will fix the issue, because I'm determined to put an end to this crap honestly.
Last edited by TheKelz on 20 Aug 2022, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 20 Aug 2022, 03:17

Mugabi wrote:
20 Aug 2022, 01:23
TheKelz wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
TheKelz wrote:

Yeah I understand your issues my bro, i even had the lag on bios back on my old b550 Aorus elite mobo, shit was laggy as hell and I didn’t have it with this mobo and csgo shooting is very good. I still have mouse input Lag being slow but other stuff improved. I have seen tons of threads of ppl saying they upgraded their pc with a new part or completely new one and they got tons of input lag, many of them are competitive faceit level 10 players. I read one where the dude didn’t understand why his new better pc is way slower than his old potato pc, so he put them next to each other, plugged each to sand monitor with the same account and windows and everything, old pc was way way faster than new pc, I can link you the thread. This is why I’m saying it’s not a guarantee that it’s electricity to users but it could definitely be it who knows. Have you tried different locations like I have? I have tried 4 . Zero change lol. I tried a power generator, no change but small right after pc opens, tested it hard for 5 days then brought power station back.
back. So try doing those first before ruling electricity out my brudda.
Yeah I'm not going to do anything regarding electricity right now since I'm planning on bringing my PC to the office I used to work at (and never seen any input lag issues with any PC there). If my PC will have the same issue there, I will first swap RAM from the other DDR4 system which won't have this issue. Also, if they will have GPU's there, I will swap them too.

Afterwards, depending on the outcome, I will or will not buy a high end motherboard. Can't wait to test it.

EDIT: and yeah I've already moved to a different living place, but nothing changed unfortunately.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 20 Aug 2022, 18:23

TheKelz wrote:
Mugabi wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
Heimz0r wrote:

That's great to know!

I don't think it is part related since we have exact same issues. I have already tried 7 to 8 different systems with all different configurations. How can all of them have issues?