It's almost fixed

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Ravenous

It's almost fixed

Post by Ravenous » 01 Sep 2022, 14:21

Hello,
I made this thread a while back: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10285
Long story short, it was not the ethernet cable that was causing issues. It was a tv antenna amplifier that was installed to draw power from the same fuse box as me: https://ibb.co/c3FQnKn
I disconnected it: https://imgbb.com/Xs5C0jf
But while matchmaking was fine, I had issues on faceit where I could feel my mouse very heavy and the monitor looked like 60hz. I never had that issue even before disconnecting the amplifier so I became frustrated and made a post saying it's useless and to delete my topic.
I was then able to fix the faceit issue as well by resetting my bios, I had all sorts of weird settings that I made to it in the past and I think the high vccsa and vccio voltage were the culprit.
Now everything is pretty much fixed but I still had games where I could not make kills and games where I would perform very well. Through trial and error I discovered the fridge (when the compressor is running) is causing the crosshair to be very hard to control and I can fell some sort of desync, enemies are very hard to hit. Even during games, if I see I am missing easy shots, I go to see the fridge running and I have to disconnect it.
This fridge is a really basic one, 2 doors, fridge and freezer, no smart features. Other than buying a new one, is there any fix for this? I already tried other plugs in the house for it but it's all the same. I am not sure what type of interference can come from a fridge but since I know exactly the source of the problem, is there something I can try?

Anonymous768119

Re: It's almost fixed

Post by Anonymous768119 » 01 Sep 2022, 15:01

What does it mean "almost fixed"? It is either fixed or not. Please stop with this nonsense.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » 01 Sep 2022, 15:33

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 15:01
What does it mean "almost fixed"? It is either fixed or not. Please stop with this nonsense.
Well yes, I don't have any issues unless the fridge is running. I want to know what type of noise can a fridge introduce and if is there any way to filter it out. Changing the fridge would be pretty hard right now since I am renting.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 01 Sep 2022, 17:00

This issue is a weird one isn’t it? You do something and the lag goes and you think it’s partially fixed until it comes back again. Two days ago I installed an old 2018 win 10 version which gave me least input lag among all versions, electricity lag was there but I felt my mouse keyboard to be really fast compared to other versions and it stayed fast for hours n hours. I restarted my system, and my mouse keyboard were slow just like other versions :) . The solution is imo related to changing location and getting no input lag

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 01 Sep 2022, 18:13

That also could be my case, thank you.
I started experiencing issues like you have after living in another place for months, and my parents bought a new fridge during that period. It's much newer and bigger so it probably emitting more EMI or consuming way more electricity.

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 01 Sep 2022, 18:16

omusubi0216 wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 18:13
That also could be my case, thank you.
I started experiencing issues like you have after living in another place for months, and my parents bought a new fridge during that period. It's much newer and bigger so it could be the reason.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 01 Sep 2022, 20:13

Weirdly.. recently I noticed a high pitched freq noise in my kitchen which subsided when turning fridge off at the wall.

kienkikiki

Post by kienkikiki » 04 Sep 2022, 16:08

[Every day I see something new that causes input: microwave ovens, televisions, phones, cap and now refrigerators. I understand the feeling of those who have it and really empathize. When I watch streams of good players, I'm always super jealous and wonder why I got it, is it my fault?sorry for my english

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 06 Sep 2022, 10:47

kienkikiki wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 16:08
[Every day I see something new that causes input: microwave ovens, televisions, phones, cap and now refrigerators. I understand the feeling of those who have it and really empathize. When I watch streams of good players, I'm always super jealous and wonder why I got it, is it my fault?sorry for my english
I feel you bro, it's so random and outrageous.