Unplug your Hard drive

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Rallaz

Re: Unplug your Hard drive

Post by Rallaz » 17 Nov 2022, 04:54

Sure this can be the case if your have an OLD mechanical disk (HDD)
Not really the case if you only have SSD's and M2 SSD's..

But ofc a bad SSD can cause lots of interuppts and ask for priority in the Foreground but its not a common thing that the SSD would cause it. I still encourage everyone at least try this once for sure.

But in general if you have an OLD Mechanical Disk (HDD) its 100% worth a try.

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 28 Dec 2022, 00:58

My computer case is the pc-o11-dynamic XL and I have 4 hard drives installed behind the motherboard at the CPU level. I did remove of all them, reinstall Windows, and did the test, the game was perfect for a few hours until I decided to install all AMD chipset Drivers, Audio Driver, and Nvidia new driver, and back to the floaty mouse, getting shot before seeing the enemy........

FPSMaster

Post by FPSMaster » 31 Dec 2022, 06:41

Windows disables unused devices like HDDs automatically after you stop using them for a couple minutes (only if you stopped running programs from the HDD)... I guess its another placebo post.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 31 Dec 2022, 12:51

FPSMaster wrote:
31 Dec 2022, 06:41
I guess its another placebo post.
It is.