Personal experience with input lag.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
1N73LL163NC3

Personal experience with input lag.

Post by 1N73LL163NC3 » 03 Dec 2022, 09:10

Hello everyone I would like to bring my experience regarding latency, I am a counter strike lvl 10 player on Faceit with an average of 25 kills per game with a K/D of 1.5 despite this latency problem that comes and goes as it pleases.

Many people are very confused as to whether this is an electrical, network or hardware problem.

In my experience I agree with the people who say that even after a fix the latency comes back, I agree with the people who say that after a clean formatting the game is great for only a little while and the latency undeniably comes back etc...

With all the manipulations and experiences I've had (doing grounding work in my home, connecting to a conditioner, plugging in a cat 8 SFTP cable, turning off some breakers on the electrical panel, testing different wall outlets, testing different desktop and laptop computers, not to mention optimizing Windows with or without etc. etc.) I'm 100% convinced that this problem is electrical.

I found a radical solution when the input lag returns, that is to say that my movements are out of sync with the server, that the enemies prefire me and that the recording of hits is almost non-existent I format on average every week and a half . Besides, my latency has returned since yesterday, so I had to find the motivation to format, but I tested something that once again confirms my reasoning with regard to electricity :

- I have been on a laptop for 4 months with a second screen connected and all the peripherals (mechanical keyboard, mouse, USB headset), as I cannot remove the battery from the computer I did the manipulation that allows it to drain the residual electricity from the computer and there like magic the game was again extremely playable as if I had just formatted.

Gentlemen, what do you say?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Personal experience with input lag.

Post by RealNC » 03 Dec 2022, 13:39

1N73LL163NC3 wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 09:10
Moved to correct forum section.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 03 Dec 2022, 17:57

1N73LL163NC3 wrote:
Hello everyone I would like to bring my experience regarding latency, I am a counter strike lvl 10 player on Faceit with an average of 25 kills per game with a K/D of 1.5 despite this latency problem that comes and goes as it pleases.

Many people are very confused as to whether this is an electrical, network or hardware problem.

In my experience I agree with the people who say that even after a fix the latency comes back, I agree with the people who say that after a clean formatting the game is great for only a little while and the latency undeniably comes back etc...

With all the manipulations and experiences I've had (doing grounding work in my home, connecting to a conditioner, plugging in a cat 8 SFTP cable, turning off some breakers on the electrical panel, testing different wall outlets, testing different desktop and laptop computers, not to mention optimizing Windows with or without etc. etc.) I'm 100% convinced that this problem is electrical.

I found a radical solution when the input lag returns, that is to say that my movements are out of sync with the server, that the enemies prefire me and that the recording of hits is almost non-existent I format on average every week and a half . Besides, my latency has returned since yesterday, so I had to find the motivation to format, but I tested something that once again confirms my reasoning with regard to electricity :

- I have been on a laptop for 4 months with a second screen connected and all the peripherals (mechanical keyboard, mouse, USB headset), as I cannot remove the battery from the computer I did the manipulation that allows it to drain the residual electricity from the computer and there like magic the game was again extremely playable as if I had just formatted.

how did you do that manipulation to drain the residual electricity?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 05 Dec 2022, 05:46

If on the assumption that your outlets are grounded, then the 2nd screen connected to your laptop should’ve grounded your laptop through the hdmi\dpi link. Unless your screen wasn’t grounded in the first place? And by manipulating a grounding point you used a usb outlet on that laptop and connected it to a grounded source?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 05 Dec 2022, 16:56

1N73LL163NC3 wrote:

I confirm your words. I just drained the residual electricity from the computer and launched csgo right away. The difference is huge, now the mouse is moving
very sharp and fast.
Tomorrow I will try this process again.

I know what's the matter and what happens with residual voltage in the computer.
After a while I will try to write an article on this topic.

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 09 Dec 2022, 17:29

F1zus wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 16:56
1N73LL163NC3 wrote:

I confirm your words. I just drained the residual electricity from the computer and launched csgo right away. The difference is huge, now the mouse is moving
very sharp and fast.

I know what's the matter and what happens with residual voltage in the computer.
Hello, what is "draining the residual electricity" and how do you do that? im having issues with input lag too, and I literally tried almost everything, so I want to know what is this and how it works, thanks :DD

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 11 Dec 2022, 22:07

Smokq wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 17:29
F1zus wrote:
1N73LL163NC3 wrote:

very sharp and fast.

Hello, what is "draining the residual electricity" and how do you do that? im having issues with input lag too, and I literally tried almost everything, so I want to know what is this and how it works, thanks :DD
Turn off computer completely (unplug power cord) , remove battery from the motherboard, wait 5 hours or more then start it up again. If you see any difference in the start then it’s an electricity issue for sure

Smokq

Post by Smokq » 12 Dec 2022, 16:34

assombrosso wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 22:07
Smokq wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 17:29
F1zus wrote:
1N73LL163NC3 wrote:

very sharp and fast.

Turn off computer completely (unplug power cord) , remove battery from the motherboard, wait 5 hours or more then start it up again. If you see any difference in the start then it’s an electricity issue for sure
This is perfect timing because I tried this literally yesterday at night, and it didnt change anything so I guess is not electricity
I would appreciate if you check my new post and tell me what do you think about this: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10878&p=87778#p87778