Looking for help with input/desync issues

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Unreazz

Re: Looking for help with input/desync issues

Post by Unreazz » 22 May 2023, 15:21

akylen wrote:
22 May 2023, 13:52
All we need is proof and a way to identify where exactly the problem is.

The problem is that there are those who think they have the problem and those who really have the problem.
For me its network based, internet, peering whatever. i know that internet is infected for sure but i dont know what exactly its causing it.

cl_predict

Post by cl_predict » 22 May 2023, 16:25

I feel like i just read my story …

rvteen

Post by rvteen » 23 May 2023, 02:27

pm me i think i can help you a bit

Heimz0r

Post by Heimz0r » 23 May 2023, 10:09

For me what doesnt make any sense about the problem and noone has been able to explain is the following:

How is it possible that for many of us the problem gets fixed for multiple weeks by making a major hardware change (cpu+motherboard+psu or a whole new PC) but then the problem keeps creeping back?

If it was an internet issue then that doesnt make any sense, how is the hardware connected to the internet?

amorou

Post by amorou » 23 May 2023, 19:55

1017Tin wrote:
21 May 2023, 12:24
Hello!
I recently came back to gaming after taking a 5 year long break from esports.
In 2018 I was considered a cheater in Faceit and many people accused me of that since I was better than most people.
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all. I managed to climb Faceit solo queue (3000+elo in 2017/18) to FPL-Challenger and played with many top tier players. I was considered a "pug-star" and I was also a member of a 100member closed group in Faceit hosted by faceit_mikey (fpl founder).
I won that said league and I got banned on suspicions of cheating. A couple of days later I got unbanned but my mentality was already ruined because I had quit my job in order to pursue a "career" in the gaming industry. My girlfriend didn't like the idea and I had to choose between CS and her.
I went back to my parents house and this is when my issues started. I was finally unbanned the same day I moved to my parents and I started queuing the pro ladder again. Since it was a invite-only pro group we pretty much knew each other and I was the first pick in every game. But this time it was different- I could no longer topfrag like I used to (30+kills every game literally).
I turned from a top-fragger to a noob that could hardly get 10 kills and every duel no matter the angle I held or how prepared I was, was lost. The people I played with were signed to pro teams and they understood the game, they also knew how I used to play and topfrag every game. I used to run out of mid on every map and just gun down people but this time it was different. One guy even told me that he is now convinced that I was cheating since my performance was 10 times worse. I would hold angles and lose duels, I would peek angles and still lose duels. (sometimes I couldn't even react to it)
This is when I realized something was completely off and my dad got sick soon after and I had to quit gaming for good.

I Moved to a different country, lived there for 3 years and then I came back with enough money to pursue my dream (again).
I bought a completely new PC (Ryzen 5-5600X, 3060TI, Asus 500 euro mobo (forgot model), 2x8GB good latency ram (changed it later on with a better ram, no fix), I had a budget build with good componens. My psu was Corsair gold edition and my monitor was an old XL2430T BenQ.

I decided to go with Valorant this time. During the first 5 weeks, I played from my current girlfriends apartment and I reached Top-100 in Europe (Radiant) in my first month of playing the game. It was extremely easy to adapt to the game and I was top fragging like I use to.
Me and my girlfriend decided to move to a "new" place (old building with terrible cables that are hanging everywhere) but the apartment was decent. I installed my PC and immediately felt like the game was weird. It felt faster than it used to at my old place, I could no longer shoot at people and I would lose every single duel (especially if im holding an angle) and I would hardly be able to get above 10 kills (sad)

It is unfortunate that most people who are having these issues don't even realize it but I have been gaming my entire life and I have played professionally since I was 15. I know this issue is not inside my head for sure, I had it happen twice already where I turn from God to a complete average noob. I could prove being "pro" and playing for top-tier teams at some point, I can also prove my Valorant ranks ( I could easily get immortal within 2 days of playing on a new account).
I also got qualified for ESEA Rank-G within 2 weeks of starting it. I was extremely good and I am not insane.

I sold my 5600X pc once I realized that I can no longer get 10 kills in a game vs less- skilled players and decided to move on with my life but I received an offer for CS2 now that I must take.

Yesterday I got an old PC that can run CS:GO at 200+ fps but I noticed the same issue, only worse this time since I have weaker PC too.
Aiming, tracking, moving, jumping, bhopping is terrible. I can't even run properly which is insane.
I am getting a visit from a technician tomorrow, hopefully when I get grounding my game will run smoother.
I also bought a decent "gaming" router, 3 plugs with EMI/RFI filters that did not work ( I tested 1 game and had to alt-f4 because its literally unplayable, people are running out of mid and headshotting me like im sitting for 10 seconds, its insane).

Could anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?
If anyone has any tips, or managed to fix this issue completely and has the answer, I am willing to pay for it (this issue had me thinking about suicide, honestly. Gaming is my entire life and im extremely good at it, I believe other people would be too if they didn't have these issues.
I also remember how smooth LAN gaming was in ~20080-2010 when I was attending tournaments.

PS: I have also noticed that my PC makes weird noises and changes its frequencies when Idle, when I turned "surge protection" in BIOS my PC shut off upon reaching Windows loading screen and I got a message that my PSU failed.

Would grounding help with dirty electricity? Do I need to change the whole installation for the entire apartment?
I am currently renting so changing places would be easier than changing the installation.
Please give me any tips, im desperate and willing to pay for valuable information. Thanks!
Grounding will improve for sure yet maybe will not solve it. (2 places i tested grounding make huge diffrence)

When im at "bad place" , changing ram speed effect mouse responsiveness like this:
Lower the mhz , faster mouse yet less smooth /fluidity in-game frames on the eye, higher the mhz mouse is shit but frames re butter on eye. (Prolly reason of faster mouse is timings)
Same goes for cpu cache/ring speed.

I can list you hundreds of tweaks , and some permanantly improves things , some is only change things for 1 day.
Yet none of them put an end to this misery.

You should investigate the issue both on electrical line and on-air (rfi)
However equipment required for these are very expensive ( Oscilloscope alone is a fortune on my 3rd world country)
Yet alone research u gotta make.

Make sure ground they will prepare is "low impedance grounding" with proper readings and stuff.

Also check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9923&p=80192&hilit ... ter#p80192

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 23 May 2023, 21:18

Same thing. Have tried everything so far past few years. Nothing has fixed permanantly. Only solution seems to be to move to a good location. That is so scrwed that we haven't found a fix for this crap.

adelsa123

Post by adelsa123 » 25 May 2023, 13:34

hello can u drop ur name onn faceit nicknname or ur faceit linnk i wannna ccheck it !!

cl_predict

Post by cl_predict » 29 May 2023, 02:30

1017Tin wrote:
Hello!
I recently came back to gaming after taking a 5 year long break from esports.
In 2018 I was considered a cheater in Faceit and many people accused me of that since I was better than most people.
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all. I managed to climb Faceit solo queue (3000+elo in 2017/18) to FPL-Challenger and played with many top tier players. I was considered a "pug-star" and I was also a member of a 100member closed group in Faceit hosted by faceit_mikey (fpl founder).
I won that said league and I got banned on suspicions of cheating. A couple of days later I got unbanned but my mentality was already ruined because I had quit my job in order to pursue a "career" in the gaming industry. My girlfriend didn't like the idea and I had to choose between CS and her.
I went back to my parents house and this is when my issues started. I was finally unbanned the same day I moved to my parents and I started queuing the pro ladder again. Since it was a invite-only pro group we pretty much knew each other and I was the first pick in every game. But this time it was different- I could no longer topfrag like I used to (30+kills every game literally).
I turned from a top-fragger to a noob that could hardly get 10 kills and every duel no matter the angle I held or how prepared I was, was lost. The people I played with were signed to pro teams and they understood the game, they also knew how I used to play and topfrag every game. I used to run out of mid on every map and just gun down people but this time it was different. One guy even told me that he is now convinced that I was cheating since my performance was 10 times worse. I would hold angles and lose duels, I would peek angles and still lose duels. (sometimes I couldn't even react to it)
This is when I realized something was completely off and my dad got sick soon after and I had to quit gaming for good.

I Moved to a different country, lived there for 3 years and then I came back with enough money to pursue my dream (again).
I bought a completely new PC (Ryzen 5-5600X, 3060TI, Asus 500 euro mobo (forgot model), 2x8GB good latency ram (changed it later on with a better ram, no fix), I had a budget build with good componens. My psu was Corsair gold edition and my monitor was an old XL2430T BenQ.

I decided to go with Valorant this time. During the first 5 weeks, I played from my current girlfriends apartment and I reached Top-100 in Europe (Radiant) in my first month of playing the game. It was extremely easy to adapt to the game and I was top fragging like I use to.
Me and my girlfriend decided to move to a "new" place (old building with terrible cables that are hanging everywhere) but the apartment was decent. I installed my PC and immediately felt like the game was weird. It felt faster than it used to at my old place, I could no longer shoot at people and I would lose every single duel (especially if im holding an angle) and I would hardly be able to get above 10 kills (sad)

It is unfortunate that most people who are having these issues don't even realize it but I have been gaming my entire life and I have played professionally since I was 15. I know this issue is not inside my head for sure, I had it happen twice already where I turn from God to a complete average noob. I could prove being "pro" and playing for top-tier teams at some point, I can also prove my Valorant ranks ( I could easily get immortal within 2 days of playing on a new account).
I also got qualified for ESEA Rank-G within 2 weeks of starting it. I was extremely good and I am not insane.

I sold my 5600X pc once I realized that I can no longer get 10 kills in a game vs less- skilled players and decided to move on with my life but I received an offer for CS2 now that I must take.

Yesterday I got an old PC that can run CS:GO at 200+ fps but I noticed the same issue, only worse this time since I have weaker PC too.
Aiming, tracking, moving, jumping, bhopping is terrible. I can't even run properly which is insane.
I am getting a visit from a technician tomorrow, hopefully when I get grounding my game will run smoother.
I also bought a decent "gaming" router, 3 plugs with EMI/RFI filters that did not work ( I tested 1 game and had to alt-f4 because its literally unplayable, people are running out of mid and headshotting me like im sitting for 10 seconds, its insane).

Could anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?
If anyone has any tips, or managed to fix this issue completely and has the answer, I am willing to pay for it (this issue had me thinking about suicide, honestly. Gaming is my entire life and im extremely good at it, I believe other people would be too if they didn't have these issues.
I also remember how smooth LAN gaming was in ~20080-2010 when I was attending tournaments.

PS: I have also noticed that my PC makes weird noises and changes its frequencies when Idle, when I turned "surge protection" in BIOS my PC shut off upon reaching Windows loading screen and I got a message that my PSU failed.

Would grounding help with dirty electricity? Do I need to change the whole installation for the entire apartment?
I am currently renting so changing places would be easier than changing the installation.
Please give me any tips, im desperate and willing to pay for valuable information. Thanks!
Can you add me on discord? cl_predict#0045
We are in the same situation, I might be on something. I don't think it's related to electricity.

espresso

Post by espresso » 29 May 2023, 04:14

1017Tin wrote:
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all.
I would start here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10649&hilit=bufferbloat#p86531

Ask yourself what provider did you have back then and which ones after that?

Usualy it is the Main Company who owns infrastructure and then resellers.
I guarantee you the resellers are getting shafted by the main company.
Check if you can test the line of the main company.

Slyn

Post by Slyn » 29 May 2023, 11:17

Hello I have same problem but thing is my apartment when I first moved in was and things were all smooth no input lag at all until I was getting frustrated and got a screw driver and popped my PC Gtx 660 i3 back in 2019-2020 whole house went off everything had to reset everything back to normal sold that computer when to Xbox tried playing keyboard and mouse had some werid input lag thought I was bugging because it was old gen then in 2020 when covid started happening bought my self gtx1660 i7 9700kf 8gb upraded Tl 16gb as soon I set it up download my games I felt delay as the same as console tried everything tweaking my PC paid €100 for a professional tweaker didn’t change anything heard people say turn on rfi spread spectrum did my research nothing helped everything I tried tweaking my pc it felt worse i literally give up I tried everything in my power to fix this starting to think it’s electricity Input lag since I popped my last pc psu with a screwdriver ask why l because I kept dying in game fps it was dumb of me then now regret anyone think it that every since that day it’s been smooth for me can I still fix this by fixing my wires grounding and etc please help me I did everything tweaking pc but I’m going to my friends house 5 minutes down from taking my pc keyboard mouse everything and seeing if the same I’ll keep you guys updated but anyone if can help please