Electric field

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nerd_espartacus

Electric field

Post by nerd_espartacus » 23 May 2023, 14:59

Hello how are you friends, this is my first post, I'm from Mexico, so I'm using the translator. If I'm doing something wrong with the post let me know.
I don't want to make a long story but I am also experiencing input lag in all online games since mid 2017, I was surprised to learn that there were also people on the other side of the world with the same problem, since that year I have investigated about of many things to try to fix the problem that is too frustrating, I gave up many times until I found the topic of electromagnetic fields in your forum, which by the way is very helpful and I bought an electromagnetic field detector, my house It has very old wiring and has never been changed, there is no earthing installation in the electrical control center, so I decided to put an individual earth in each socket with a more specific earthing rod where the PC and my ISP modem are I managed to completely remove the electric field from the pc and the modem and the games worked again, but something was not right, a week later they failed again, then I realized that the modem antennas also have an electromagnetic field so experimenting I disabled the network 2.4ghz and the antennas and the games disappeared, they worked again but now only 2 days later they failed again, so I started to check if there was any electric field left in any cable or device when I checked the optical fiber with the detector out of curiosity, what was it? To my surprise, the fo had an electric field and it increased when it got closer to the light pole where it is installed. It should be noted that my installation is 3 blocks from the fo box of the ISP company, so it goes through 5 light poles although the FO cables are not close to the high voltage cables but they are close to other cables from another internet company that still uses copper and of course they have an electric field I know because I checked it with the detector, going back to the electric field In the fo that I discovered, in the mornings the electric field increases so much that it has the strength to reach the end of the fo that is connected to the modem of my house and in the afternoons that value drops and it is detectable only up to the cable part of fo outside my house but it does not disappear, I was encouraged to do this post because I noticed some positive changes in the games when the fo has less electric field, but yesterday Tuesday May 22 I confirmed that if it responds positively when said field drops more because To my surprise, the values dropped a lot (I don't know why, I don't know what caused it) and the games worked very smoothly, the shots went in well, it wasn't perfect because the electric field didn't completely disappear but it improved a lot. To finish, a relative was also installed at 3 houses from mine and its fiber has no electric field.
I explain all this to ask
How is it possible that fiber optics can conduct an electric field?

Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Electric field

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 26 May 2023, 02:04

Since Optical Fiber cables carry information in the form of light waves or pulses, under normal conditions, it should not be affected by EMI. In some cases, if the magnetic field made by a current existed alongside the sheath of the Fiber Optic cable it will end up changing the state of polarization of the light waves going through it, which will introduce bit rate errors as a result.

Recent studies have shown that even weak electromagnetic interference might cause some sort of transmission loss, yet it is not considered as the breaking line for optical fiber network as a replacement for traditional copper. So in your case, it might be actually true that the sheath of that cable is either damaged or of bad insulating properties ending up carrying a slight current throughout causing your line to have transmission errors. I think this can be cleared out if you call your ISP and ask them to assess your line's noise.

More info on the subject:
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1 ... 012025/pdf
https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.5555/3338290.3338394
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

NARCO

Post by NARCO » 29 May 2023, 19:19

did you found a solution? because i have same experience here, and when i play on wifi the game play and hit register way good then lan i can trace everything but its as you said at night works better than mooring ( maybe emf more at day time)
can i ask what emf meter you are using?

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 31 May 2023, 15:40

nerd_espartacus wrote:
23 May 2023, 14:59
Hello how are you friends, this is my first post, I'm from Mexico, so I'm using the translator. If I'm doing something wrong with the post let me know.
I don't want to make a long story but I am also experiencing input lag in all online games since mid 2017, I was surprised to learn that there were also people on the other side of the world with the same problem, since that year I have investigated about of many things to try to fix the problem that is too frustrating, I gave up many times until I found the topic of electromagnetic fields in your forum, which by the way is very helpful and I bought an electromagnetic field detector, my house It has very old wiring and has never been changed, there is no earthing installation in the electrical control center, so I decided to put an individual earth in each socket with a more specific earthing rod where the PC and my ISP modem are I managed to completely remove the electric field from the pc and the modem and the games worked again, but something was not right, a week later they failed again, then I realized that the modem antennas also have an electromagnetic field so experimenting I disabled the network 2.4ghz and the antennas and the games disappeared, they worked again but now only 2 days later they failed again, so I started to check if there was any electric field left in any cable or device when I checked the optical fiber with the detector out of curiosity, what was it? To my surprise, the fo had an electric field and it increased when it got closer to the light pole where it is installed. It should be noted that my installation is 3 blocks from the fo box of the ISP company, so it goes through 5 light poles although the FO cables are not close to the high voltage cables but they are close to other cables from another internet company that still uses copper and of course they have an electric field I know because I checked it with the detector, going back to the electric field In the fo that I discovered, in the mornings the electric field increases so much that it has the strength to reach the end of the fo that is connected to the modem of my house and in the afternoons that value drops and it is detectable only up to the cable part of fo outside my house but it does not disappear, I was encouraged to do this post because I noticed some positive changes in the games when the fo has less electric field, but yesterday Tuesday May 22 I confirmed that if it responds positively when said field drops more because To my surprise, the values dropped a lot (I don't know why, I don't know what caused it) and the games worked very smoothly, the shots went in well, it wasn't perfect because the electric field didn't completely disappear but it improved a lot. To finish, a relative was also installed at 3 houses from mine and its fiber has no electric field.
I explain all this to ask
How is it possible that fiber optics can conduct an electric field?

Another electricity related evidence.