Bought ONLINE UPS!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Kiujind

Bought ONLINE UPS!

Post by Kiujind » 04 May 2023, 16:58

Hi, my name is Kiujind,
Same as you, I also suffer from electricity input lag.
Kind of problem I have: My input lag affects my responsiviness within 3pm to 4am. It gets waaaay better exactly within 6am to 8am.
Products I tested:
Emi greenwave filters (bought meter aswell)
Ferrite cores on all cables.
Modded bios with a ch341a and played with hidden spectrum stuff.
Bought an online ups.

Theres a big change when playing with PC plugged into wall and playing with OnlineUPS ongrid.
Online Ups ongrid is still way better than PC directly to the wall, you can instantly notice it if you play fast paced games like GunZ the duel, that needs a high APM.

Now,this is my 1st week using the online ups ongrid and I want you guys to know something I tested.

.- PC connected to the wall: BAD until 6am, by 6am is becomes smooth.
.- Online UPS connected to wall: Great, by 6am is super great, you can still play on-grid and feels a good differences, but still, at 6am is the greatest.
.- Off-grid Online UPS at 6am: Bad if I charged battery with afternoon electricity
.- On-grid Online Ups at 6am: better than off-grid (battery charged in the afternoon).
.- On-grid Ups at 6am is way better than playing with off-grid ups charged in the afternoon, why? I DONT KNOW.

Ongrid Ups at 6am is way better than playing with offgrid ups charged in the afternoon, why? I DONT KNOW.

Have someone ever tested the same? I would like to know if someone can explain to me why offgrid online ups charged with afternoon is worse than ongrid online ups at 6am? I read somewhere DC battery doesnt stored bad electricity, probably im mistaken. Should I combined my ups with something else? Im the type of guy that doesnt care about working 2 months, saving for a solution instead of just blaming.

loccomacco

Re: Bought ONLINE UPS!

Post by loccomacco » 05 May 2023, 08:25

Kiujind wrote:
04 May 2023, 16:58
Hi, my name is Kiujind,
Lol

Nice info. Actually another witness of electricity related.
Yeah off grid may not do anything. There are a few other users that said they tried off griding without any success.
What about charging it with good electricity?

Kiujind

Post by Kiujind » 05 May 2023, 14:42

loccomacco wrote:
05 May 2023, 08:25
Kiujind wrote:
Hi, my name is Kiujind,
Lol

Yeah off grid may not do anything. There are a few other users that said they tried off griding without any success.
It's great, I charged the UPS at 6am and then played at 5pm off grid, its great, its like playing at 6am, once the ups discharged and I plug it in, the lag comes back within seconds. Can someone explain to me what happens or what can a battery store?

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 06 May 2023, 03:38

Kiujind wrote:
05 May 2023, 14:42
loccomacco wrote:
05 May 2023, 08:25
Kiujind wrote:
Hi, my name is Kiujind,
Lol

It's great, I charged the UPS at 6am and then played at 5pm off grid, its great, its like playing at 6am, once the ups discharged and I plug it in, the lag comes back within seconds. Can someone explain to me what happens or what can a battery store?
Interesting. Your case actually is a new thing, and no one has been reported such a thing yet, specially about how charging your UPS with good electricity differs from charging it with bad electricity.
I think your topic needs more attention, because it scratches over the air EMI/RFI (yeah I know some of us may suffer from those, but believe me, most of us are not), plus, it proves again dirty electricity and it's effectiveness on PC components, specifically in gaming.
I might have some explanation on your case, but as I'm not an expert, and as this sub-forum needs talking more scientifically, I leave it as a false unworthy explanation, plus, I'm not interested to talk about too (one reason is I promised myself to be less interactive in this forum) therefore let's see what's other's opinion on your case.
In the future, if your topic gets more attention, you may hear some words like harmonics or supraharmonics or such, but I think we don't need to go that much further, but let's see what others say.
Anyways your topic and that topic about motherboards can be helpful. But yours is more important.

Edit:
Oh I should clear things up a bit to be more scientific, of course going off grid with power stations or UPSs, are different from doing it with solar panels or power generators, should I explain why? It's obvious, you have to charge power station or ups with the same electricity, but about solar panels, you do it by the help of the holy sun, and about power station, you do it by the help of holy fuels.
Therefore going off grid is still an option, but not with power stations or as a whole type, batteries only.
You may have less to no problems with solar panels or power generators (in my opinion they might still cannot solve all problems because of their nature) so still it's an option until we find more evidences to disapprove it too.
Conclusion:
If we narrow it down to electricity, then if we narrow it down to two options, 1. Going offgrid and 2. Some other options that someone may find in the future, then about the option one, your case was helpfull for us to scratch power station/ups from the list and narrow it down to solar panels/power generators.
Nice, thank you for your info, that's why I'm saying your case is helpful and needs more attention, at least for me it was so helpful in my path of investigation. Thank you again.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 31 May 2023, 12:41

Kiujind wrote:
.- PC connected to the wall: BAD until 6am, by 6am is becomes smooth.
.- Online UPS connected to wall: Great, by 6am is super great, you can still play on-grid and feels a good differences, but still, at 6am is the greatest.
.- Off-grid Online UPS at 6am: Bad if I charged battery with afternoon electricity
.- On-grid Online Ups at 6am: better than off-grid (battery charged in the afternoon).
.- On-grid Ups at 6am is way better than playing with off-grid ups charged in the afternoon, why? I DONT KNOW.
Yes, I am aware of this problem. My friends tested 3 different models of online UPS and in all there was a change in mouse sensitivity depending on the time of day.
Unfortunately, online UPS do not give out a pure sine wave. It contains a certain percentage of harmonics from the external electrical network.
Yes, harmonics from the external network are able to pass through the UPS.
All I can say for now is that we need 0% ripple power supplies to eliminate input lag.