Scanning with guitar pickups

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
amorou

Scanning with guitar pickups

Post by amorou » 19 May 2023, 17:35

Im posting this to create some awarness , since limited info wont help to my case

First watch the video attached to post
My house is like narrow and long tube (5 meter to 20 meter).
Guitar pickups can and is picking up interference from both guitar body facing it front directly , and behind , not from sides.
So i can find out only 2 opposite direction about interference source.
Amps volume is very low on vid btw.
Its not buildings main electrical cables.
Its not the humming when pickups face amps speaker ( Big cabinet you are seeing on video is not used , its another amp not in camera shot)

There is a big and wide electrical companys power cabinets to this direction in hood but its smth like 80 meter away.

Now watch this guy : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6E0O8UtObU

Conclusion?=none , just sharing some stuff.
Attachments
11111111111111.mp4
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 58 times

MontyTheAverage

Re: Scanning with guitar pickups

Post by MontyTheAverage » 20 May 2023, 13:05

Do you know any other way to recreate this interference noise without buying pricey guitar and amps equipment?

Btw I have discovered something when it comes to my input lag and desync. In online games especially Apex, the position and direction of my phone and changing some phone network/sim settings instantly improves my desync, input lag and hitreg issues. Until it gets degraded again either in few minutes or after joining the next match. This is very weird. Some RFI stuff going on it seems

amorou

Post by amorou » 20 May 2023, 13:54

MontyTheAverage wrote:
20 May 2023, 13:05
Do you know any other way to recreate this interference noise without buying pricey guitar and amps equipment?

Btw I have discovered something when it comes to my input lag and desync. In online games especially Apex, the position and direction of my phone and changing some phone network/sim settings instantly improves my desync, input lag and hitreg issues. Until it gets degraded again either in few minutes or after joining the next match. This is very weird. Some RFI stuff going on it seems
Well you can make a "guitar pickup" with just some cooper and iron, than puta jack and smth to amplyf and thats it.
Some consider am radio yet for positional info it ll need some mods.
Cant think of any rn

For your second paragraph, pretty much everything has efect on my case too , but you know rest

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 31 May 2023, 15:47

amorou wrote:
19 May 2023, 17:35
Nice, more electricity related evidence, I'm talking more specifically about that guy in video.