Looking for help with input/desync issues

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
1017Tin

Re: Looking for help with input/desync issues

Post by 1017Tin » 31 May 2023, 02:12

Hello and thank you for the replies. I will make sure to read all.
Yesterday I got visited by two electricians. One was an amateur and came in sweatpants and tshirt, and the other one brought a lot of equipment and looked really professional.
I spent 150 euros and ended up with 2 plugs, the second guy found out my plugs were connected to the lights which he said was not optimal. None of the plugs had any ground, they were really old plugs and had paint all over them. He swapped the plugs, added a third black cable that acts as a ground?
My PC definitely felt a lot smoother than before.
Aiming felt natural and my muscle memory was working again.
I know this can be a temporary fix due to some sort of a restart in the system but I hope that the issues wont come back.
I bought a 7800x3d, 5000mhz ram, b650 asrock mobo and a 240hz.
Game definitely feels smoother and aim_botz is much more fun to practice (no more random accelerations and floaty feeling)
Now I gotta call a small local isp to get 50/50 internet with much less traffic and possibly enjoy online gaming again.
I am using “Vivacom” which is the biggest telecom in Bulgaria and someone told me that they “filter” their networks and lower the signals since the area where I live is 90% vivacom.
I will test a small local ISP and if nothing works out im quitting gaming until I can afford to move to Norway or Sweden.

loccomacco

Post by loccomacco » 31 May 2023, 15:38

1017Tin wrote:
31 May 2023, 02:12
Hello and thank you for the replies. I will make sure to read all.
Yesterday I got visited by two electricians. One was an amateur and came in sweatpants and tshirt, and the other one brought a lot of equipment and looked really professional.
I spent 150 euros and ended up with 2 plugs, the second guy found out my plugs were connected to the lights which he said was not optimal. None of the plugs had any ground, they were really old plugs and had paint all over them. He swapped the plugs, added a third black cable that acts as a ground?
My PC definitely felt a lot smoother than before.
Aiming felt natural and my muscle memory was working again.
I know this can be a temporary fix due to some sort of a restart in the system but I hope that the issues wont come back.
I bought a 7800x3d, 5000mhz ram, b650 asrock mobo and a 240hz.
Game definitely feels smoother and aim_botz is much more fun to practice (no more random accelerations and floaty feeling)
Now I gotta call a small local isp to get 50/50 internet with much less traffic and possibly enjoy online gaming again.
I am using “Vivacom” which is the biggest telecom in Bulgaria and someone told me that they “filter” their networks and lower the signals since the area where I live is 90% vivacom.
I will test a small local ISP and if nothing works out im quitting gaming until I can afford to move to Norway or Sweden.
Till then try to settle down near to your black sea, as closer as you can, in my opinion it's a better option.

1017Tin

Post by 1017Tin » 05 Jun 2023, 13:19

Hey!

I live 5 minutes walking distance from the sea.
I actually live very near the seaside with many clubs, restaurants, hotels etc. as far as i know the majority of them are using my isp. I can notice a slight improvement at night but its still unplayable.

I will post a short vod of a warmup i did this morning and a vod from years ago where my netstats were perfect.

Vid from today: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1838376190

Vid from 2016-17: https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeRefin ... =clips_api

1017Tin

Post by 1017Tin » 05 Jun 2023, 13:38

My nickname back then was drol1..
I sold my accounts because I needed money for an expensive surgery for a relative.
I quit in 2016-17, you can check the history from back then and the elo. I believe the account is level 8 now. I was a member of the bulgarian pro league and won it before I got banned for cheating (accusations).
I participated in the fpl qualifiers with blameF, mindF, dottie, etc.
I basically struggled with faceit until I moved places and it can be noticed in my history (not sure if its showing from 2015-2016-2017) but i was basically stuck at lvl 10 until i moved places and climbed to rly high elo.
Ive solo queued and was matched with many well known players like lobanjica, d0cc etc.. my elo was pretty high for back then
I honestly know what im talking about and surely theres something wrong with fps games for certain people..
I am starting to convince myself that its purely internet related in my case.
I am getting a single line to my apartment which will cost me 150 euros but im also getting symmetrical speeds and the same provider I had in 2016. They also asked for server locations so they can find the most optimal route..
I will let you know in a couple of days when I get my 3rd ISP installed. I am ashamed of the fact that im paying for 3 isps but im positive that ill fix this issue.
Its definitely not in our eyes or hands, its just some weird stuff happening..
I’ve put 15 yrs in the game to know how it should run.. unfortunately high level competitive gaming with trash internet is close to impossible. I might move to world of warcraft

Kiujind

Post by Kiujind » 06 Jun 2023, 06:26

Bro, if none of that work. Try solar panel with 200ah lithium battery and play off grid, either buy it yourself or go to a place that already has it. It should fix the problem, if not, then is air related or network related.

1017Tin

Post by 1017Tin » 06 Jun 2023, 12:33

I will try that in the near future, it sounds like a good idea but I too believe that its mostly network related in my case..
When I unplug the network cable aim_botz definitely feels better..
I have a cat7a sftp cable that was around 20 euros and is 1.5 meters long.
There is one that I can buy that is only 30cm long, I will get that tomorrow and see how it is but Idk if length would make such difference.
I just ran some tests on waveform.com and these are my results:

Unloaded
Min: 8 ms
Median: 9.5 ms
Max: 18.7 ms
Mean: 9.9 ms
25th %ile: 9.1 ms
75th %ile: 10.4 ms
95th %ile: 12.5 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
↓ Active
latency: 536.70ms
time: 20:10:44:856
Min: 9.2 ms
Median: 14.9 ms
Max: 536.7 ms
Mean: 37.7 ms
25th %ile: 12.9 ms
75th %ile: 18.4 ms
95th %ile: 273.9 ms
Jitter: 41.2 ms
↑ Active
Min: 10 ms
Median: 16.4 ms
Max: 25.4 ms
Mean: 16.5 ms
25th %ile: 14.9 ms
75th %ile: 17.7 ms
95th %ile: 21.5 ms
Jitter: 1.9 ms

I called my ISP and they don't even know what jitter, choke, var is and they told me to run a speedtest which came out normal.
My download/upload latencies were 20ms but I could see spikes while the test was running.. idk
Should I worry about these results?

dopamines

Post by dopamines » 06 Jun 2023, 16:23

1017Tin wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 12:33
I will try that in the near future, it sounds like a good idea but I too believe that its mostly network related in my case..
When I unplug the network cable aim_botz definitely feels better..
I have a cat7a sftp cable that was around 20 euros and is 1.5 meters long.
There is one that I can buy that is only 30cm long, I will get that tomorrow and see how it is but Idk if length would make such difference.
I just ran some tests on waveform.com and these are my results:

Unloaded
Min: 8 ms
Median: 9.5 ms
Max: 18.7 ms
Mean: 9.9 ms
25th %ile: 9.1 ms
75th %ile: 10.4 ms
95th %ile: 12.5 ms
Jitter: 1 ms
↓ Active
latency: 536.70ms
time: 20:10:44:856
Min: 9.2 ms
Median: 14.9 ms
Max: 536.7 ms
Mean: 37.7 ms
25th %ile: 12.9 ms
75th %ile: 18.4 ms
95th %ile: 273.9 ms
Jitter: 41.2 ms
↑ Active
Min: 10 ms
Median: 16.4 ms
Max: 25.4 ms
Mean: 16.5 ms
25th %ile: 14.9 ms
75th %ile: 17.7 ms
95th %ile: 21.5 ms
Jitter: 1.9 ms

I called my ISP and they don't even know what jitter, choke, var is and they told me to run a speedtest which came out normal.
My download/upload latencies were 20ms but I could see spikes while the test was running.. idk
Should I worry about these results?
add me discord , im gonna help you solve it Shuichi#8494

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 06 Jun 2023, 19:37

1017Tin wrote:
21 May 2023, 12:24
Hello!
I recently came back to gaming after taking a 5 year long break from esports.
In 2018 I was considered a cheater in Faceit and many people accused me of that since I was better than most people.
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all. I managed to climb Faceit solo queue (3000+elo in 2017/18) to FPL-Challenger and played with many top tier players. I was considered a "pug-star" and I was also a member of a 100member closed group in Faceit hosted by faceit_mikey (fpl founder).
I won that said league and I got banned on suspicions of cheating. A couple of days later I got unbanned but my mentality was already ruined because I had quit my job in order to pursue a "career" in the gaming industry. My girlfriend didn't like the idea and I had to choose between CS and her.
I went back to my parents house and this is when my issues started. I was finally unbanned the same day I moved to my parents and I started queuing the pro ladder again. Since it was a invite-only pro group we pretty much knew each other and I was the first pick in every game. But this time it was different- I could no longer topfrag like I used to (30+kills every game literally).
I turned from a top-fragger to a noob that could hardly get 10 kills and every duel no matter the angle I held or how prepared I was, was lost. The people I played with were signed to pro teams and they understood the game, they also knew how I used to play and topfrag every game. I used to run out of mid on every map and just gun down people but this time it was different. One guy even told me that he is now convinced that I was cheating since my performance was 10 times worse. I would hold angles and lose duels, I would peek angles and still lose duels. (sometimes I couldn't even react to it)
This is when I realized something was completely off and my dad got sick soon after and I had to quit gaming for good.

I Moved to a different country, lived there for 3 years and then I came back with enough money to pursue my dream (again).
I bought a completely new PC (Ryzen 5-5600X, 3060TI, Asus 500 euro mobo (forgot model), 2x8GB good latency ram (changed it later on with a better ram, no fix), I had a budget build with good componens. My psu was Corsair gold edition and my monitor was an old XL2430T BenQ.

I decided to go with Valorant this time. During the first 5 weeks, I played from my current girlfriends apartment and I reached Top-100 in Europe (Radiant) in my first month of playing the game. It was extremely easy to adapt to the game and I was top fragging like I use to.
Me and my girlfriend decided to move to a "new" place (old building with terrible cables that are hanging everywhere) but the apartment was decent. I installed my PC and immediately felt like the game was weird. It felt faster than it used to at my old place, I could no longer shoot at people and I would lose every single duel (especially if im holding an angle) and I would hardly be able to get above 10 kills (sad)

It is unfortunate that most people who are having these issues don't even realize it but I have been gaming my entire life and I have played professionally since I was 15. I know this issue is not inside my head for sure, I had it happen twice already where I turn from God to a complete average noob. I could prove being "pro" and playing for top-tier teams at some point, I can also prove my Valorant ranks ( I could easily get immortal within 2 days of playing on a new account).
I also got qualified for ESEA Rank-G within 2 weeks of starting it. I was extremely good and I am not insane.

I sold my 5600X pc once I realized that I can no longer get 10 kills in a game vs less- skilled players and decided to move on with my life but I received an offer for CS2 now that I must take.

Yesterday I got an old PC that can run CS:GO at 200+ fps but I noticed the same issue, only worse this time since I have weaker PC too.
Aiming, tracking, moving, jumping, bhopping is terrible. I can't even run properly which is insane.
I am getting a visit from a technician tomorrow, hopefully when I get grounding my game will run smoother.
I also bought a decent "gaming" router, 3 plugs with EMI/RFI filters that did not work ( I tested 1 game and had to alt-f4 because its literally unplayable, people are running out of mid and headshotting me like im sitting for 10 seconds, its insane).

Could anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?
If anyone has any tips, or managed to fix this issue completely and has the answer, I am willing to pay for it (this issue had me thinking about suicide, honestly. Gaming is my entire life and im extremely good at it, I believe other people would be too if they didn't have these issues.
I also remember how smooth LAN gaming was in ~20080-2010 when I was attending tournaments.

PS: I have also noticed that my PC makes weird noises and changes its frequencies when Idle, when I turned "surge protection" in BIOS my PC shut off upon reaching Windows loading screen and I got a message that my PSU failed.

Would grounding help with dirty electricity? Do I need to change the whole installation for the entire apartment?
I am currently renting so changing places would be easier than changing the installation.
Please give me any tips, im desperate and willing to pay for valuable information. Thanks!
It's awesome to hear that from a guy who just grind and couldn't grind more due to problem. Many people on this forum don't even have any skills and just complain which make me laugh. Iam playing since 2019 with lags sometimes better sometimes worst. I have over 3400elo for quite a long time. it's not possible to get on better level with my lags. I stop playing half years ago and iam searching for fix like you. For me it's impossible to tell whether It's internet or electricity. Iam 100% sure I the problem is related to internet or electric. I don't know how to fix. I was playing on my friend's set up in big city with other ISP. The gameplay was 10 times better.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 08 Jun 2023, 03:27

Patrykelele wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:37
1017Tin wrote:
Hello!
In 2018 I was considered a cheater in Faceit and many people accused me of that since I was better than most people.
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all. I managed to climb Faceit solo queue (3000+elo in 2017/18) to FPL-Challenger and played with many top tier players. I was considered a "pug-star" and I was also a member of a 100member closed group in Faceit hosted by faceit_mikey (fpl founder).
I won that said league and I got banned on suspicions of cheating. A couple of days later I got unbanned but my mentality was already ruined because I had quit my job in order to pursue a "career" in the gaming industry. My girlfriend didn't like the idea and I had to choose between CS and her.
I went back to my parents house and this is when my issues started. I was finally unbanned the same day I moved to my parents and I started queuing the pro ladder again. Since it was a invite-only pro group we pretty much knew each other and I was the first pick in every game. But this time it was different- I could no longer topfrag like I used to (30+kills every game literally).
I turned from a top-fragger to a noob that could hardly get 10 kills and every duel no matter the angle I held or how prepared I was, was lost. The people I played with were signed to pro teams and they understood the game, they also knew how I used to play and topfrag every game. I used to run out of mid on every map and just gun down people but this time it was different. One guy even told me that he is now convinced that I was cheating since my performance was 10 times worse. I would hold angles and lose duels, I would peek angles and still lose duels. (sometimes I couldn't even react to it)
This is when I realized something was completely off and my dad got sick soon after and I had to quit gaming for good.

I Moved to a different country, lived there for 3 years and then I came back with enough money to pursue my dream (again).
I bought a completely new PC (Ryzen 5-5600X, 3060TI, Asus 500 euro mobo (forgot model), 2x8GB good latency ram (changed it later on with a better ram, no fix), I had a budget build with good componens. My psu was Corsair gold edition and my monitor was an old XL2430T BenQ.

I decided to go with Valorant this time. During the first 5 weeks, I played from my current girlfriends apartment and I reached Top-100 in Europe (Radiant) in my first month of playing the game. It was extremely easy to adapt to the game and I was top fragging like I use to.
Me and my girlfriend decided to move to a "new" place (old building with terrible cables that are hanging everywhere) but the apartment was decent. I installed my PC and immediately felt like the game was weird. It felt faster than it used to at my old place, I could no longer shoot at people and I would lose every single duel (especially if im holding an angle) and I would hardly be able to get above 10 kills (sad)

It is unfortunate that most people who are having these issues don't even realize it but I have been gaming my entire life and I have played professionally since I was 15. I know this issue is not inside my head for sure, I had it happen twice already where I turn from God to a complete average noob. I could prove being "pro" and playing for top-tier teams at some point, I can also prove my Valorant ranks ( I could easily get immortal within 2 days of playing on a new account).
I also got qualified for ESEA Rank-G within 2 weeks of starting it. I was extremely good and I am not insane.

I sold my 5600X pc once I realized that I can no longer get 10 kills in a game vs less- skilled players and decided to move on with my life but I received an offer for CS2 now that I must take.

Yesterday I got an old PC that can run CS:GO at 200+ fps but I noticed the same issue, only worse this time since I have weaker PC too.
Aiming, tracking, moving, jumping, bhopping is terrible. I can't even run properly which is insane.
I am getting a visit from a technician tomorrow, hopefully when I get grounding my game will run smoother.
I also bought a decent "gaming" router, 3 plugs with EMI/RFI filters that did not work ( I tested 1 game and had to alt-f4 because its literally unplayable, people are running out of mid and headshotting me like im sitting for 10 seconds, its insane).

Could anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?
If anyone has any tips, or managed to fix this issue completely and has the answer, I am willing to pay for it (this issue had me thinking about suicide, honestly. Gaming is my entire life and im extremely good at it, I believe other people would be too if they didn't have these issues.
I also remember how smooth LAN gaming was in ~20080-2010 when I was attending tournaments.

PS: I have also noticed that my PC makes weird noises and changes its frequencies when Idle, when I turned "surge protection" in BIOS my PC shut off upon reaching Windows loading screen and I got a message that my PSU failed.

Would grounding help with dirty electricity? Do I need to change the whole installation for the entire apartment?
I am currently renting so changing places would be easier than changing the installation.
Please give me any tips, im desperate and willing to pay for valuable information. Thanks!
It's awesome to hear that from a guy who just grind and couldn't grind more due to problem. Many people on this forum don't even have any skills and just complain which make me laugh. Iam playing since 2019 with lags sometimes better sometimes worst. I have over 3400elo for quite a long time. it's not possible to get on better level with my lags. I stop playing half years ago and iam searching for fix like you. For me it's impossible to tell whether It's internet or electricity. Iam 100% sure I the problem is related to internet or electric. I don't know how to fix. I was playing on my friend's set up in big city with other ISP. The gameplay was 10 times better.

how you know that many dont have skills on this forum ? you sit infront of there pc and display and watch them play and know exactly that this just skill issue they have ?

yourself still cant even tell what ur issue is and if internet or electricity or maybe something other completely else related...

but you for sure can tell that many on this forum dont have any skills and that they just complain ???

:lol:

rly nice logic you have but i think with such logic you never gonna solve ur own problems and lags that u experience and which makes impossible to go past 3400elo...

those many people come to this forum because they noticed one day that something bad broken different working and not more like it was some week or month or a year ago...
but all this people are now awake and there not rly many of them out there in the online gaming scene.

and you call them unskilled...

the real unskilled ones are the poeple which still believe that there 3400 elo or immortal rank in valorant was only possible because of SKILL.
and that the real sad truth and reality how it is.

[Moderator Note: When you signed up on these forums, you agreed to These Forum Rules. Review them please. Thanks.]

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 08 Jun 2023, 10:27

blackmagic wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 03:27
Patrykelele wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:37
1017Tin wrote:
Hello!

how you know that many dont have skills on this forum ? you sit infront of there pc and display and watch them play and know exactly that this just skill issue they have ?

yourself still cant even tell what ur issue is and if internet or electricity or maybe something other completely else related...

but you for sure can tell that many on this forum dont have any skills and that they just complain ???

:lol:

rly nice logic you have but i think with such logic you never gonna solve ur own problems and lags that u experience and which makes impossible to go past 3400elo...

those many people come to this forum because they noticed one day that something bad broken different working and not more like it was some week or month or a year ago...
but all this people are now awake and there not rly many of them out there in the online gaming scene.

and you call them unskilled...

the real unskilled ones are the poeple which still believe that there 3400 elo or immortal rank in valorant was only possible because of SKILL.
and that the real sad truth and reality how it is.

i think he speaks for himself personally that he cant go past 3400 with these lags,otherwise you r right ,overall 3400 is not even high nowadays.