Looking for help with input/desync issues

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
1017Tin

Re: Looking for help with input/desync issues

Post by 1017Tin » 08 Jun 2023, 19:39

Blackmagic i wont lie you are pretty delusional and annoying.
Who said that my goal was to break 3.4k elo, lmao.
Back then when I was solo queuing, I was at docc, blamef, loba elo etc.
I was not known until I moved to my girlfriend at the time and fixed my issues.
I was just mentioning my elo because ive read enough threads where people reply with “maybe you have bad crosshair placement, etc
I just wanted to avoid these comments and eventhough i havent won a major, i solo queued to fpl-c qualifiers and was outperforming blamef and everyone there.
So chill out and stop being passive aggressive,
You could also send us a VoD of your gameplay, and show us the issues youre having

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 08 Jun 2023, 21:43

1017Tin wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 19:39
Blackmagic i wont lie you are pretty delusional and annoying.
Who said that my goal was to break 3.4k elo, lmao.
Back then when I was solo queuing, I was at docc, blamef, loba elo etc.
I was not known until I moved to my girlfriend at the time and fixed my issues.
I was just mentioning my elo because ive read enough threads where people reply with “maybe you have bad crosshair placement, etc
I just wanted to avoid these comments and eventhough i havent won a major, i solo queued to fpl-c qualifiers and was outperforming blamef and everyone there.
So chill out and stop being passive aggressive,
You could also send us a VoD of your gameplay, and show us the issues youre having
Are you that user who moved to his gf apartment and had no issue and 0 lag snd managed to go to fplc? Simple fix, move back to your gf apartment and use same pc.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 09 Jun 2023, 09:39

SKILLEN wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 10:27
blackmagic wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 03:27
Patrykelele wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:37
1017Tin wrote:
21 May 2023, 12:24
Hello!
I recently came back to gaming after taking a 5 year long break from esports.
In 2018 I was considered a cheater in Faceit and many people accused me of that since I was better than most people.
I lived in an old building, had a cheap internet and zero issues at all. I managed to climb Faceit solo queue (3000+elo in 2017/18) to FPL-Challenger and played with many top tier players. I was considered a "pug-star" and I was also a member of a 100member closed group in Faceit hosted by faceit_mikey (fpl founder).
I won that said league and I got banned on suspicions of cheating. A couple of days later I got unbanned but my mentality was already ruined because I had quit my job in order to pursue a "career" in the gaming industry. My girlfriend didn't like the idea and I had to choose between CS and her.
I went back to my parents house and this is when my issues started. I was finally unbanned the same day I moved to my parents and I started queuing the pro ladder again. Since it was a invite-only pro group we pretty much knew each other and I was the first pick in every game. But this time it was different- I could no longer topfrag like I used to (30+kills every game literally).
I turned from a top-fragger to a noob that could hardly get 10 kills and every duel no matter the angle I held or how prepared I was, was lost. The people I played with were signed to pro teams and they understood the game, they also knew how I used to play and topfrag every game. I used to run out of mid on every map and just gun down people but this time it was different. One guy even told me that he is now convinced that I was cheating since my performance was 10 times worse. I would hold angles and lose duels, I would peek angles and still lose duels. (sometimes I couldn't even react to it)
This is when I realized something was completely off and my dad got sick soon after and I had to quit gaming for good.

I Moved to a different country, lived there for 3 years and then I came back with enough money to pursue my dream (again).
I bought a completely new PC (Ryzen 5-5600X, 3060TI, Asus 500 euro mobo (forgot model), 2x8GB good latency ram (changed it later on with a better ram, no fix), I had a budget build with good componens. My psu was Corsair gold edition and my monitor was an old XL2430T BenQ.

I decided to go with Valorant this time. During the first 5 weeks, I played from my current girlfriends apartment and I reached Top-100 in Europe (Radiant) in my first month of playing the game. It was extremely easy to adapt to the game and I was top fragging like I use to.
Me and my girlfriend decided to move to a "new" place (old building with terrible cables that are hanging everywhere) but the apartment was decent. I installed my PC and immediately felt like the game was weird. It felt faster than it used to at my old place, I could no longer shoot at people and I would lose every single duel (especially if im holding an angle) and I would hardly be able to get above 10 kills (sad)

It is unfortunate that most people who are having these issues don't even realize it but I have been gaming my entire life and I have played professionally since I was 15. I know this issue is not inside my head for sure, I had it happen twice already where I turn from God to a complete average noob. I could prove being "pro" and playing for top-tier teams at some point, I can also prove my Valorant ranks ( I could easily get immortal within 2 days of playing on a new account).
I also got qualified for ESEA Rank-G within 2 weeks of starting it. I was extremely good and I am not insane.

I sold my 5600X pc once I realized that I can no longer get 10 kills in a game vs less- skilled players and decided to move on with my life but I received an offer for CS2 now that I must take.

Yesterday I got an old PC that can run CS:GO at 200+ fps but I noticed the same issue, only worse this time since I have weaker PC too.
Aiming, tracking, moving, jumping, bhopping is terrible. I can't even run properly which is insane.
I am getting a visit from a technician tomorrow, hopefully when I get grounding my game will run smoother.
I also bought a decent "gaming" router, 3 plugs with EMI/RFI filters that did not work ( I tested 1 game and had to alt-f4 because its literally unplayable, people are running out of mid and headshotting me like im sitting for 10 seconds, its insane).

Could anyone give me any information that I should pass to my electrician? I would only require grounding right?
If anyone has any tips, or managed to fix this issue completely and has the answer, I am willing to pay for it (this issue had me thinking about suicide, honestly. Gaming is my entire life and im extremely good at it, I believe other people would be too if they didn't have these issues.
I also remember how smooth LAN gaming was in ~20080-2010 when I was attending tournaments.

PS: I have also noticed that my PC makes weird noises and changes its frequencies when Idle, when I turned "surge protection" in BIOS my PC shut off upon reaching Windows loading screen and I got a message that my PSU failed.

Would grounding help with dirty electricity? Do I need to change the whole installation for the entire apartment?
I am currently renting so changing places would be easier than changing the installation.
Please give me any tips, im desperate and willing to pay for valuable information. Thanks!
It's awesome to hear that from a guy who just grind and couldn't grind more due to problem. Many people on this forum don't even have any skills and just complain which make me laugh. Iam playing since 2019 with lags sometimes better sometimes worst. I have over 3400elo for quite a long time. it's not possible to get on better level with my lags. I stop playing half years ago and iam searching for fix like you. For me it's impossible to tell whether It's internet or electricity. Iam 100% sure I the problem is related to internet or electric. I don't know how to fix. I was playing on my friend's set up in big city with other ISP. The gameplay was 10 times better.

how you know that many dont have skills on this forum ? you sit infront of there pc and display and watch them play and know exactly that this just skill issue they have ?

yourself still cant even tell what ur issue is and if internet or electricity or maybe something other completely else related...

but you for sure can tell that many on this forum dont have any skills and that they just complain ???

:lol:

rly nice logic you have but i think with such logic you never gonna solve ur own problems and lags that u experience and which makes impossible to go past 3400elo...

those many people come to this forum because they noticed one day that something bad broken different working and not more like it was some week or month or a year ago...
but all this people are now awake and there not rly many of them out there in the online gaming scene.

and you call them unskilled...

the real unskilled ones are the poeple which still believe that there 3400 elo or immortal rank in valorant was only possible because of SKILL.
and that the real sad truth and reality how it is.

i think he speaks for himself personally that he cant go past 3400 with these lags,otherwise you r right ,overall 3400 is not even high nowadays.
I see like 80% of people who are on the forum dont know how to play basicly its main problem for them. I have 3400elo i dont play like yera or so. I don't see any reason to play anymore when it's much harder to win duel for me. I have 3400elo i belive i can get much more elo even 4k but what is the point to play with lags?

SKILLEN

Post by SKILLEN » 10 Jun 2023, 09:38

Patrykelele wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 09:39
SKILLEN wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 10:27
blackmagic wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 03:27
Patrykelele wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 19:37

It's awesome to hear that from a guy who just grind and couldn't grind more due to problem. Many people on this forum don't even have any skills and just complain which make me laugh. Iam playing since 2019 with lags sometimes better sometimes worst. I have over 3400elo for quite a long time. it's not possible to get on better level with my lags. I stop playing half years ago and iam searching for fix like you. For me it's impossible to tell whether It's internet or electricity. Iam 100% sure I the problem is related to internet or electric. I don't know how to fix. I was playing on my friend's set up in big city with other ISP. The gameplay was 10 times better.

how you know that many dont have skills on this forum ? you sit infront of there pc and display and watch them play and know exactly that this just skill issue they have ?

yourself still cant even tell what ur issue is and if internet or electricity or maybe something other completely else related...

but you for sure can tell that many on this forum dont have any skills and that they just complain ???

:lol:

rly nice logic you have but i think with such logic you never gonna solve ur own problems and lags that u experience and which makes impossible to go past 3400elo...

those many people come to this forum because they noticed one day that something bad broken different working and not more like it was some week or month or a year ago...
but all this people are now awake and there not rly many of them out there in the online gaming scene.

and you call them unskilled...

the real unskilled ones are the poeple which still believe that there 3400 elo or immortal rank in valorant was only possible because of SKILL.
and that the real sad truth and reality how it is.

i think he speaks for himself personally that he cant go past 3400 with these lags,otherwise you r right ,overall 3400 is not even high nowadays.
I see like 80% of people who are on the forum dont know how to play basicly its main problem for them. I have 3400elo i dont play like yera or so. I don't see any reason to play anymore when it's much harder to win duel for me. I have 3400elo i belive i can get much more elo even 4k but what is the point to play with lags?

I understand you,but at least for me the reason is i never played different game beside cs and i dont want ,so i continue to play like this,i have no choice : /

1017Tin

Post by 1017Tin » 14 Jun 2023, 01:17

https://youtube.com/shorts/Px4Opag51kA?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/feTe8eAimdc?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/Udiv24mc6v8?feature=share

Sorry for the quality, I will upload them in HD but you can still see my issues.
Netgraph shows no packet loss, barely any choke (usually get 1-5% choke upon dying) but that goes away.
My ping is 40-45-50, no visible loss, barely any choke and my enemies are appearing out of nowhere and I am definitely behind in time or something

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 14 Jun 2023, 12:57

1017Tin wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 01:17
https://youtube.com/shorts/Px4Opag51kA?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/feTe8eAimdc?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/Udiv24mc6v8?feature=share

Sorry for the quality, I will upload them in HD but you can still see my issues.
Netgraph shows no packet loss, barely any choke (usually get 1-5% choke upon dying) but that goes away.
My ping is 40-45-50, no visible loss, barely any choke and my enemies are appearing out of nowhere and I am definitely behind in time or something
welcome in club...

it all can get even worse...much worse than some people think and believe.

but only few only notice this all and people that know how it was before and how it worked and how the game behave before...muscle memory still remembers everything and its like to learn ride a bike as an kid or learn to swim...you just cant forget this memory and skill.

its devils work.
or some joker that think that it is funny to mess up with people online gaming experience like that way and fuck up with there memory and skills that they had and own before...

there exist two different worlds for players that compete at online...the first world is where everything works as it should and that why the advantage and the good stats...and the second world is where nothing works like it should and where players tryharding and suffer and dont understand why they dont improve or why everything changed and feels so bad and hard now.
its all big mess up...

the matrix got us neo.
now accept it and eat it...because no one gonna do something about this and they gonna say...THATS ONLY YOUR PROBLEM. this world is sick and already lost.

at such point its better to quit online gaming and try to move on...but you gonna always return to this issue because its already like a drug once you notice all the difference and its just your normal human nature to want to know what happened and what is this thing and how to fix it ? why it happened to me and at this location ? why i am not able more to enjoy online gaming like it was before and so on...questions and more questions...

or move back to your girlfriends house like @Mugabi already suggest here. enjoy fix. enjoy again your easy pro time moment.

caponew0w

Post by caponew0w » 14 Jun 2023, 15:09

Been lurking arround this forum and the input lag one for some while.. I used to be level 10 faceit and immortal 3 in valorant.. For me it started 2 years ago when I moved to my current location, previously I was enjoying far more decent gameplay from my old appartment (located literally one street away from where I am now). There I would get ocasionally some hitreg issues, but never complained about input lag or high desync.. From my current house, everything is a nightmare, very high input lag, stutters, 240hz feels like 80hz.. 60hz feels like 30.. My desync is the worst part.. Currently I have 2 ISPs both fiber.. Changed 3 computers so far (9900k, 5950x, 5800x3d currently).. Every new computer worked good for a couple of days.. Nothing helped.. One day I found out that I dont have grounding, seems like my father did not have the money for (my parents used to live here, they then moved outside the city and me and my wife moved here). This lack of grounding was actually my hope.. Then I got the grounding done via an experienced electrician, 3 big rods.. It did not make a single difference.. Not a single one. The fact that I have 2 ISPs and the previous apartment I used to live in (again, mentioning that it was one street away) had no issues made me exclude the internet as the culprit.. For multiple other reasons (non related to this one) we decided to move outside the city as well, we will live in the same house as my parents for a while, untill we sell this house and get a new one (in the same area as they live). Gonna move out in the weekend and the only thing I can do is hope for the best, that I will be able to enjoy a little bit of gaming again..

CSGO: Made on deathmatch community servers, 128tick is even worst..

phpBB [video]

Valorant: first clip is a good hitreg one, even though the input lag can be seen.. the only good clip that I captured during lots of deathmatch sessions.. Then, my day to day experience (pay attention to the ammount of interpolation, to the speed of the moving enemy and to their reaction times)

phpBB [video]

I'll update after moving.

blackmagic

Post by blackmagic » 14 Jun 2023, 16:45

Unreazz wrote:
22 May 2023, 13:28
This post is simply the best proof that whether you are good at online gaming or not is always up to the location.
yes i agree.

but another truth is that it can hit anyone...anytime..at some moment...and can even hit some pros at there current home and location...

i am the best proof that it can happen to anyone:

i moved in location and feel fine for like 1 year with online gaming and i dont rly want become pro or something like that...

i just enjoyed that what i had and the time in online games and talk with people there.

i was some average above mid player but i still feel fine with that and it dont rly bother me that there players some above and better than me.

because i get most of time matches where i just feel fine and most time good hitreg that was on point and good control which result in wins...most of my gameplay spent time it was like that.

but then some day everything got rly bad when i joined the same game which i already played for long and know how it should be behave normally...

since that everything changed for me.

i become a full bot with rly bad hitreg and weird enemy that has always advantage over me...no matter what and no matter in what online game today lol.

now 90% of my matches and matchmakings are only lose and pure random lottery with such bad experience where i feel that i have ZERO CONTROL over this. no matter what i do and how i try...

fuck this guys who do this to me.
just fuck them.

i hate them rly. :lol:

i lived like an normal guy in my matrix and my bubble too and believed in skill but this bitches woke me up from that good time and this believes...

today i know much more but its sad that other players still sleep in this matrix. cant rly judge them for that but i think one day they wake up too and it will be not more FUN and GAMES for these poor guys when this issue once hit them or they notice and learn and see it all with own eyes.

if i watch some streamers and see how the same game working for them...IT IS CRAZYYYY...and i just dont fuck get it how that possible and what the cause.
i check very everything and compared...fps, ping, network stats, refresh rate, hardware they play on...i dont see any difference in there...its almost same and similar to what i get too ingame but the game itself is completely different for them...starts from hitreg to the peek and movements..its fucking completely different game they play than me here and they get most of the time matchmakings where they have not so hard time and more easy...that what i noticed too lol.

but most what i dont get is why all the viewers and the chat of this streamer which probably play same game dont notice and see all this differences too...i mean there probably some viewers who has same bad weird shit experience with same game and probably different too than what the streamer has and get...

and this is the most fucking stupid thing i dont get and understand in this world. :lol:

something very wrong with many and this world...many just keep silence on all this topic...like its some conspiracy and big holy secret...and you get gaslighting very fast by others and they make you look like delusional or crazy guy if you start to talk about all this things.

1017Tin

Post by 1017Tin » 15 Jun 2023, 00:30

I doubt we’re all delusional..
It is just tough to deal with such issues because not everyone is aware of them.
Some ppl are probably casually gaming on such conditions for years without realizing.
My last building where I tested and had no issues was a brand new building that had a contract with 1 isp.
My current building has 5 different isp cables.. maybe theres some interference going on under there
I have no idea..

1017Tin

Post by 1017Tin » 15 Jun 2023, 00:31

caponew0w wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 15:09
Been lurking arround this forum and the input lag one for some while.. I used to be level 10 faceit and immortal 3 in valorant.. For me it started 2 years ago when I moved to my current location, previously I was enjoying far more decent gameplay from my old appartment (located literally one street away from where I am now). There I would get ocasionally some hitreg issues, but never complained about input lag or high desync.. From my current house, everything is a nightmare, very high input lag, stutters, 240hz feels like 80hz.. 60hz feels like 30.. My desync is the worst part.. Currently I have 2 ISPs both fiber.. Changed 3 computers so far (9900k, 5950x, 5800x3d currently).. Every new computer worked good for a couple of days.. Nothing helped.. One day I found out that I dont have grounding, seems like my father did not have the money for (my parents used to live here, they then moved outside the city and me and my wife moved here). This lack of grounding was actually my hope.. Then I got the grounding done via an experienced electrician, 3 big rods.. It did not make a single difference.. Not a single one. The fact that I have 2 ISPs and the previous apartment I used to live in (again, mentioning that it was one street away) had no issues made me exclude the internet as the culprit.. For multiple other reasons (non related to this one) we decided to move outside the city as well, we will live in the same house as my parents for a while, untill we sell this house and get a new one (in the same area as they live). Gonna move out in the weekend and the only thing I can do is hope for the best, that I will be able to enjoy a little bit of gaming again..

CSGO: Made on deathmatch community servers, 128tick is even worst..

phpBB [video]

Valorant: first clip is a good hitreg one, even though the input lag can be seen.. the only good clip that I captured during lots of deathmatch sessions.. Then, my day to day experience (pay attention to the ammount of interpolation, to the speed of the moving enemy and to their reaction times)

phpBB [video]

I'll update after moving.

Your stuff looks alot like mine, i will hopefully be testing in a new place too.
Please let us know how it went.
Good luck