I fixed "floaty and sluggish" mouse feeling. Here is how.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
dermodemon

I fixed "floaty and sluggish" mouse feeling. Here is how.

Post by dermodemon » 05 Dec 2023, 15:08

I noticed that i have weird sound in my headphones (usb dongle audiocard, which is lay on the desk), when i move my mouse. Also i live in a cold place and I wear wool socks in winter times and when i move my feet under my desk i hear this sound also.
My pc case stands on a laminate floor(i broke pc case pins so it contact directly with my floor).
So i decided to put some electrc tape and silicon dots on the lower part of the pc case to make it isolated from the floor.
I fixed my paracord cables (maybe it's one of the reason too cause they are fabric) from my usb dongles to my desk (isolated them from the floor too).
No more weird sound in my headphoes
Now my games are super snappy again, no more "floaty mouse feeling" etc.
Also i noticed that desync problems are gone too, i am so happy right now.
I hope this thing never comes back. I waste too many time to fix this :D :D :D
Last edited by dermodemon on 06 Dec 2023, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

internetexplorer4

Re: I fixed "floaty and sluggish" mouse feeling. Here is how.

Post by internetexplorer4 » 05 Dec 2023, 17:09

dermodemon wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2023, 15:08
I noticed that i have weird sound in my headphone (usb dongle audiocard, which is lay on the desk), when i move my mouse. Also i live in a cold place and I wear wool socks in winter times and when i move my feet under my desk i hear this sound also.
My pc case stands on a laminate floor(i broke pc case pins so it contact directly with my floor).
So i decided to put some electrc tape and silicon dots on the lower part of the pc case to make it isolated from the floor.
I fixed my paracord cables (maybe it's one of the reason too cause they are fabric) from my usb dongles to my desk (isolated them from the floor too).
can you record a video showing the difference between pc with the electric tape and without?

it would be great for the topic to know that this thing actually makes a big difference with real data

an aim trainer would be nice, or anything that we can measure and compare the difference

https://aiming.pro/quick-play# I found this website pretty good for doing this, you can try the hexakill one

https://osu-speed.simo.sh/ and also this one to compare the keyboard delay, you can put the time on 1 sec and test on both conditions

shebu

Post by shebu » 07 Dec 2023, 08:12

I also have laminate flooring
and I noticed that the mouse behaves differently when I sit down at the computer wearing sneakers o_0

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 13 Dec 2023, 10:49

internetexplorer4 wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2023, 17:09
I noticed that i have weird sound in my headphone (usb dongle audiocard, which is lay on the desk), when i move my mouse. Also i live in a cold place and I wear wool socks in winter times and when i move my feet under my desk i hear this sound also.
can you record a video showing the difference between pc with the electric tape and without?

it would be great for the topic to know that this thing actually makes a big difference with real data

an aim trainer would be nice, or anything that we can measure and compare the difference

https://aiming.pro/quick-play# I found this website pretty good for doing this, you can try the hexakill one

https://osu-speed.simo.sh/ and also this one to compare the keyboard delay, you can put the time on 1 sec and test on both conditions
Hey I tried aiming pro thing and that's my result, is that any good
https://i.imgur.com/0hzKn14.png
Or what's the "ideal" result for non-input, or in reverse what's the "bad" result for someone who has severe input lag?

Ogmax

Post by Ogmax » 13 Dec 2023, 11:40

can you send a picture of what you have done, and is it still feeling as good a week later ?

dermodemon

Post by dermodemon » 14 Dec 2023, 04:03

Guys i am too lazy to make some tests. But it is still nice. Feeling good still

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 14 Dec 2023, 07:05

Cyanide_ wrote: ↑
13 Dec 2023, 10:49

Or what's the "ideal" result for non-input, or in reverse what's the "bad" result for someone who has severe input lag?
if you got that on the hexakill this is really really bad like, below average player. I also get that, I get like between 78-82 and I tried many many times, in my case, my interference is huge, I have to use 200 dpi even on desktop because mouse is so floaty, also huge keyboard delay, my interference is bigger than everyone I saw who have this problem until now, idk why, so you probably have not only input lag but your interference is bigger than most people with this issue

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 14 Dec 2023, 16:35

14 Dec 2023, 07:05

if you got that on the hexakill this is really really bad like, below average player. I also get that, I get like between 78-82 and I tried many many times, in my case, my interference is huge, I have to use 200 dpi even on desktop because mouse is so floaty, also huge keyboard delay, my interference is bigger than everyone I saw who have this problem until now, idk why, so you probably have not only input lag but your interference is bigger than most people with this issue
I reran it and got like 90% accuracy and 95 score, but I'm not a tryhard anymore and yeah I have some input lag so it's pain in the ass to flick one more time even

To OP - actually you can put your PC case or any table or something, lift it from ground, if source of EMI is below you

Kipperii

Post by Kipperii » 17 Dec 2023, 01:56

14 Dec 2023, 07:05

We actually look like a robot in the pro player's eyes because they have a perfect connection.
Being ranked among the top 100 in the world in aiming training does not mean that we can play like a pro player.