Logical Problem Solving Way

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
velorias

Re: Logical Problem Solving Way

Post by velorias » 16 Oct 2023, 17:54

internetexplorer4 wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2023, 14:52
I'm sorry, I have the problem but I don't have that specific symptom of micro stuttering like you showed, I'm also looking for a good test that everyone can see clearly the problem without having to play anything, but its hard

the closest I got to it was with this website right here

https://osu-speed.simo.sh/

it measures how many clicks/key presses you did in a specific time (you can edit the time) and it converts into bpm which is the measurement we use in osu, so it has a math behind it, for example if you click 10 times in 1 second, the result HAS to be 150bpm, 20 clicks has to be 300bpm etc. so if you are sure you are clicking X times in like 1, 2 seconds, and it's not showing the correct bpm, with that we can clearly see the keyboard delay, that many people have with this problem, including me (I have huge keyboard delay)

I did 2 videos here that can prove that keyboard delay is real (I'm the person who confirmed that the interference comes from my body)

as I always said laptops are less affected by this problem (at least in my case), because all the laptops I have tried so far were way better than pc and it doesn't matter the specs, it can be a pretty simple laptop that will be better than any pc, mouse is better, image is better, keyboard is better, everything, I tried like 6-7 different laptops and about 15 different pcs

so the way I found to "prove" this thing in a way that everyone can see it clearly, was doing this:

I edit the time to 0.1 seconds, and by doing that, every click you do, it will rise the bpm by like 100-150
so we can actually know exactly how many keys that were registered seeing the bpm in the result of the test

so first I recorded the test on the pc, at the start of the video I clicked only 2 times on purpose to show that on pc 2 clicks = 309/312 bpm

so anything above that it will rise the bpm to above 312bpm, in that case, 400bpm

then I started trying to do 3 clicks in that time (0.1 sec) everytime I could get it, the result would be 400bpm+
and everytime I didn't get it, and registered only 2 clicks, the result would be 309/312 bpm
you can see that I tried many times, like 30 or more, and I was only able to register 3 clicks a few times like 4 or 5 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdwB_t ... annel=snow

after that, I recorded doing the same test on the laptop, with the same keyboard

same thing, 0.1 sec and at the start of the video I was clicking 2 times again only to show that 2 clicks on laptop = 265bpm (yeah for some reason it changes from pc to pc but that doesn't matter, the result is the same and you will see why)

so as we know 265bpm is 2 clicks in 0.1 sec on laptop, anything above 2 clicks will be above 265bpm, so everytime I can register 3 clicks it would be around 400bpm too, 500bpm is 4 clicks

now look how much times I could register more than 2 clicks on laptop, on pc it was almost impossible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vK4tiD ... annel=snow

I could get it only feel times on pc and almost everytime on laptop, with the same keyboard and you can see I'm clicking on same speed too, you can even put the video in slow

that only happens because laptops are less affected by this problem, so that results on less delay in the keyboard. so any "normal" people without this interference will get same results on both, only people like me can get way better results on laptop

and no, I didn't came to the conclusion that the interference comes from my body by only doing that, I'm since 2017 doing many tests to get there, and this one was just an extra thing I decided to do because I found it to obvious to people don't believe after seeing those videos
No hate here, but here is what I think:
- Sometimes I here and see more than 2 clicks on your videos.
- It is one of those subjective tests.
- I think, it does not measure bpm by getting the entire time and dividing by the clicks amount. It should remember the time of the first click and after the second is done, it takes the delay between them and do the math: 1000ms / clickDelay = BPM.
No hate here. Thanks a lot for taking part. But for you and most of the people here, I would suggest to buy an arduino micro. It is very simple to use it, especially, if the program code will be given by somebody else. You just open a program for it, upload a program to it and then send a signal in "chat" with it, like "1" to make it do the work. That's all. And, yes, it can also emulate keyboard and do those button pressing in precise delays.
Not necessary to buy an original one. I've got mine for $6. But it should be Arduino Pro Micro, so we can share the same code.

Guys, I know it may seem hard to use arduino, but it is not. I am 100% sure that while we will search for the reason, we need a single point to lean on. That may be arduino. The process I suggest is:
- We find a symptom.
- We find a way to test it.
- Me, or someone else is writing the code for this test and shares it.
- Everyone upload the code to arduino and do the testing.
As for using arduino in this case: you just download official Arduino IDE, paste the code inside, plug in arduino to USB, upload the code, write it to go with the process. I can record a video once to show the process.
BUT! Be careful about someone else's code you are going to use. It can be used to hack you. So, you have to either do the basic check of the code, or ask someone else if the code is ok. Personally me, I will make simple code which can be checked by a child.
So, it is up to you, but if you want to take part in the process, I would suggest getting one, so you can do tests with everyone else.
Cheers!

One more thing:
Guys, I do really appreciate your attention to this, but I dare you to not just do posts bringing your thoughts or subjective feeling. Try to think another way and find out the way to make it representative.
The ideal post is like:
- I have found the issue with...
- You can see it at your side by doing...
- (This is really perfect). I think the problem is in...
- (So as this one). We can test it by... Please, write a code for arduino to do that.
This is what I mean by the another hard and logical way. I would say, scientific, or rational, but I am afraid, my own experiments and thinking is still far to be called like that πŸ˜”

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 17 Oct 2023, 18:40

velorias wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2023, 17:54
I'm sorry, I have the problem but I don't have that specific symptom of micro stuttering like you showed, I'm also looking for a good test that everyone can see clearly the problem without having to play anything, but its hard

it measures how many clicks/key presses you did in a specific time (you can edit the time) and it converts into bpm which is the measurement we use in osu, so it has a math behind it, for example if you click 10 times in 1 second, the result HAS to be 150bpm, 20 clicks has to be 300bpm etc. so if you are sure you are clicking X times in like 1, 2 seconds, and it's not showing the correct bpm, with that we can clearly see the keyboard delay, that many people have with this problem, including me (I have huge keyboard delay)

I did 2 videos here that can prove that keyboard delay is real (I'm the person who confirmed that the interference comes from my body)

as I always said laptops are less affected by this problem (at least in my case), because all the laptops I have tried so far were way better than pc and it doesn't matter the specs, it can be a pretty simple laptop that will be better than any pc, mouse is better, image is better, keyboard is better, everything, I tried like 6-7 different laptops and about 15 different pcs

so the way I found to "prove" this thing in a way that everyone can see it clearly, was doing this:

I edit the time to 0.1 seconds, and by doing that, every click you do, it will rise the bpm by like 100-150
so we can actually know exactly how many keys that were registered seeing the bpm in the result of the test

so first I recorded the test on the pc, at the start of the video I clicked only 2 times on purpose to show that on pc 2 clicks = 309/312 bpm

so anything above that it will rise the bpm to above 312bpm, in that case, 400bpm

then I started trying to do 3 clicks in that time (0.1 sec) everytime I could get it, the result would be 400bpm+
and everytime I didn't get it, and registered only 2 clicks, the result would be 309/312 bpm
you can see that I tried many times, like 30 or more, and I was only able to register 3 clicks a few times like 4 or 5 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdwB_t ... annel=snow

after that, I recorded doing the same test on the laptop, with the same keyboard

same thing, 0.1 sec and at the start of the video I was clicking 2 times again only to show that 2 clicks on laptop = 265bpm (yeah for some reason it changes from pc to pc but that doesn't matter, the result is the same and you will see why)

so as we know 265bpm is 2 clicks in 0.1 sec on laptop, anything above 2 clicks will be above 265bpm, so everytime I can register 3 clicks it would be around 400bpm too, 500bpm is 4 clicks

now look how much times I could register more than 2 clicks on laptop, on pc it was almost impossible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vK4tiD ... annel=snow

I could get it only feel times on pc and almost everytime on laptop, with the same keyboard and you can see I'm clicking on same speed too, you can even put the video in slow

that only happens because laptops are less affected by this problem, so that results on less delay in the keyboard. so any "normal" people without this interference will get same results on both, only people like me can get way better results on laptop

and no, I didn't came to the conclusion that the interference comes from my body by only doing that, I'm since 2017 doing many tests to get there, and this one was just an extra thing I decided to do because I found it to obvious to people don't believe after seeing those videos
No hate here, but here is what I think:
- Sometimes I here and see more than 2 clicks on your videos.
- It is one of those subjective tests.
- I think, it does not measure bpm by getting the entire time and dividing by the clicks amount. It should remember the time of the first click and after the second is done, it takes the delay between them and do the math: 1000ms / clickDelay = BPM.
No hate here. Thanks a lot for taking part. But for you and most of the people here, I would suggest to buy an arduino micro. It is very simple to use it, especially, if the program code will be given by somebody else. You just open a program for it, upload a program to it and then send a signal in "chat" with it, like "1" to make it do the work. That's all. And, yes, it can also emulate keyboard and do those button pressing in precise delays.
Not necessary to buy an original one. I've got mine for $6. But it should be Arduino Pro Micro, so we can share the same code.

Guys, I know it may seem hard to use arduino, but it is not. I am 100% sure that while we will search for the reason, we need a single point to lean on. That may be arduino. The process I suggest is:
- We find a symptom.
- We find a way to test it.
- Me, or someone else is writing the code for this test and shares it.
- Everyone upload the code to arduino and do the testing.
As for using arduino in this case: you just download official Arduino IDE, paste the code inside, plug in arduino to USB, upload the code, write it to go with the process. I can record a video once to show the process.
BUT! Be careful about someone else's code you are going to use. It can be used to hack you. So, you have to either do the basic check of the code, or ask someone else if the code is ok. Personally me, I will make simple code which can be checked by a child.
So, it is up to you, but if you want to take part in the process, I would suggest getting one, so you can do tests with everyone else.
Cheers!

One more thing:
Guys, I do really appreciate your attention to this, but I dare you to not just do posts bringing your thoughts or subjective feeling. Try to think another way and find out the way to make it representative.
The ideal post is like:
- I have found the issue with...
- You can see it at your side by doing...
- (This is really perfect). I think the problem is in...
- (So as this one). We can test it by... Please, write a code for arduino to do that.
This is what I mean by the another hard and logical way. I would say, scientific, or rational, but I am afraid, my own experiments and thinking is still far to be called like that πŸ˜”
yes, the test itself is to click more than 2 times, I don't know if you didn't read what I wrote or if you didn't see the videos but I only clicked 2 times in the start of the video to show that 2 clicks = X bpm and ANYTHING above that (3 clicks, 4 clicks) in that time, should be more than that "X" bpm, its pretty simple and 100% efficient because its literally math, please try to read everything I wrote trying to understand it fully, and also try to see the videos to understand what I did, I'm pretty sure you can see clearly that the pc has way more delay than laptop, and there's no explanation to that

I really doubt someone has a more solid evidence than this, this proves the input delay is real and it takes away any possibility of being placebo or something. but I encourage you guys to try to find any better and simpler test than this

timecard

Post by timecard » 19 Oct 2023, 15:41

Question for you:
1. What is the refresh rate of the laptop?
2. Can you use the same refresh rate on your desktop gaming monitor? Repeat test on desktop.
3. What if the laptop was connected to the gaming monitor, using same refreshrate as your tests (e.g. 240hz?)
4. Was your laptop plugged into a power source or was it running on battery?
5. What power profile is the laptop using? Balanced? Is it different than the desktop?
6. Also looks like different browsers, desktop is Chrome and laptop is Edge (chrome based)

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 19 Oct 2023, 20:09

timecard wrote: ↑
19 Oct 2023, 15:41

Question for you:
1. What is the refresh rate of the laptop?
2. Can you use the same refresh rate on your desktop gaming monitor? Repeat test on desktop.
3. What if the laptop was connected to the gaming monitor, using same refreshrate as your tests (e.g. 240hz?)
4. Was your laptop plugged into a power source or was it running on battery?
5. What power profile is the laptop using? Balanced? Is it different than the desktop?
6. Also looks like different browsers, desktop is Chrome and laptop is Edge (chrome based)

alright good questions so,

1. both pc and laptop are 60hz + this test can be done even with eyes closed because it only consider the keyboard/mouse inputs, also I played on many 144 and 240hz setups with pc, and laptops are still better, also tried 144hz laptop and doesn't make that difference from 60hz in terms of performance

2. yes, as I said both were 60hz in this test, and the pc I'm using right now (and used for this test) doesn't support above 60hz, the pc I had before supported 144hz thats why I have this 144hz monitor

3. its the same, I played many times with the laptop connected to the monitor, and the gameplay is still way better than pc (not even close to fix tho), so connecting laptop to monitor doesn't change the performance, but I think the image gets a bit worse when I do it, but that doesn't affect the gameplay at all

4. it doesn't make difference too, I already tried playing with it plugged and unplugged, the only thing is that power saving option that limit the fps in the games when unplugged, but you can disable that

5. idk, I never touched those options in any laptop I tried (I tried like 5 or 6), and of 15 pcs or more that I tried, only one of them I tried changing those options, but didn't make any difference

6. yes it were different browsers, but I tried chrome before and after the test on laptop, and it doesn't change anything, you can also try in your computer to see if it changes the results, but here in both pc and laptop, different browsers doesn't make the results different in this case

I also have those monitor issues that many people have like, ghosting, tearing, bad image, 144hz feeling like 60hz etc. and laptops are also less affect by those symptoms, refresh rate seems more fluid and image is better, also less tearing, ghosting etc.

but in terms of >>performance<< if we consider that 100% would be a pc that doesn't have this issue at all
pc would be around 10% for me, and laptop around 12-15%, and yes even with that tiny difference we can already see the impact in the results

velorias

Post by velorias » 20 Oct 2023, 11:53

19 Oct 2023, 20:09

1. both pc and laptop are 60hz + this test can be done even with eyes closed because it only consider the keyboard/mouse inputs, also I played on many 144 and 240hz setups with pc, and laptops are still better, also tried 144hz laptop and doesn't make that difference from 60hz in terms of performance

2. yes, as I said both were 60hz in this test, and the pc I'm using right now (and used for this test) doesn't support above 60hz, the pc I had before supported 144hz thats why I have this 144hz monitor

3. its the same, I played many times with the laptop connected to the monitor, and the gameplay is still way better than pc (not even close to fix tho), so connecting laptop to monitor doesn't change the performance, but I think the image gets a bit worse when I do it, but that doesn't affect the gameplay at all

4. it doesn't make difference too, I already tried playing with it plugged and unplugged, the only thing is that power saving option that limit the fps in the games when unplugged, but you can disable that

5. idk, I never touched those options in any laptop I tried (I tried like 5 or 6), and of 15 pcs or more that I tried, only one of them I tried changing those options, but didn't make any difference

6. yes it were different browsers, but I tried chrome before and after the test on laptop, and it doesn't change anything, you can also try in your computer to see if it changes the results, but here in both pc and laptop, different browsers doesn't make the results different in this case

I also have those monitor issues that many people have like, ghosting, tearing, bad image, 144hz feeling like 60hz etc. and laptops are also less affect by those symptoms, refresh rate seems more fluid and image is better, also less tearing, ghosting etc.

but in terms of >>performance<< if we consider that 100% would be a pc that doesn't have this issue at all
pc would be around 10% for me, and laptop around 12-15%, and yes even with that tiny difference we can already see the impact in the results
I still don't think this test is something solid. I mean, I believe you have a problem, but this is not the way.
1) The test app is written in JS, which is already bad (yes, I hate JS), because it works in a browser, which is already heavy.
2) It seems to have a strange algorithm to count bpm. I will explain:
How it works:
After the first click it remembers the start time. Then checks if there were clicks and remembers them. Then checks if the time is ran out. When it is, the algo uses the factual time spent for BPM counting.
How it should work:
After the first click we remember the time of start. On receiving each click we should check if the time is ran out. Then we count BPM based on the time set in settings, not the factual one.
Why it should be like that? Because I believe that there is some time required to capture clicks in browser and the time itself is not precise here. That's why you and me have not actual 150 or 300, but 154 or 309, which means it somehow takes less then 100ms for the counting. BTW, on your notebook it feels worse in terms of performance, that's why the factual time after start is significantly more then 100ms you set and it gives less BPM.
This test is probably, not bad to test your click speed during few seconds, but bad for such precise tests. And I don't get how it can indicate the input lag, TBH.
I appreciate you're trying, but lets find the symptom we all can describe in 2 sentences, reproduce and fix on photo or video.
I did even write a small program in Rust to test it out. I can share if you want, but you'll probably have to install rust lang and compile the program locally.

velorias

Post by velorias » 20 Oct 2023, 12:00

Forgot to mention, you'll probably, receive the same result by making a simple macros - find the tool yourself. It is not related to hardware and send "virtual" clicks.

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 20 Oct 2023, 18:11

20 Oct 2023, 11:53

I still don't think this test is something solid. I mean, I believe you have a problem, but this is not the way.
1) The test app is written in JS, which is already bad (yes, I hate JS), because it works in a browser, which is already heavy.
How it works:
After the first click it remembers the start time. Then checks if there were clicks and remembers them. Then checks if the time is ran out. When it is, the algo uses the factual time spent for BPM counting.
How it should work:
After the first click we remember the time of start. On receiving each click we should check if the time is ran out. Then we count BPM based on the time set in settings, not the factual one.
Why it should be like that? Because I believe that there is some time required to capture clicks in browser and the time itself is not precise here. That's why you and me have not actual 150 or 300, but 154 or 309, which means it somehow takes less then 100ms for the counting. BTW, on your notebook it feels worse in terms of performance, that's why the factual time after start is significantly more then 100ms you set and it gives less BPM.
This test is probably, not bad to test your click speed during few seconds, but bad for such precise tests. And I don't get how it can indicate the input lag, TBH.
I appreciate you're trying, but lets find the symptom we all can describe in 2 sentences, reproduce and fix on photo or video.
I did even write a small program in Rust to test it out. I can share if you want, but you'll probably have to install rust lang and compile the program locally.

first thing I need to mention is that you said "on your notebook it feels worse in terms of performance, that's why the factual time after start is significantly more then 100ms you set and it gives less BPM"

but its actually the opposite, laptop feels way better in terms of performance, and my results were way better than pc. so again, it feels like either you didn't see the videos fully or didn't understand my explanation but no problem, I can try to explain it again

its pretty simple, the exact value of the bpm doesn't matter in this test, we only have to understand that

X bpm = 2 clicks in 0.1 sec and Y bpm = anything more than 2 clicks in 0.1 sec

you can do only 2 clicks 1000 times that you will see you will get the same result

so everytime you do 2 clicks in that time on laptop you will get 265bpm, and everytime you do 3 clicks or more you will get more than 300bpm, this is a math and those values will not variate

the things that variates is that on pc 2 clicks = 309/312 instead of 265bpm, and anything above 3 click will be more than 400bpm, that changes from pc to pc. also the values could be little different each time like, 400, 405, 401, but that doesn't change anything at all to the test we are doing

because we are considering the clicks itself, not the bpm, and with the clicks there's a solid math in this website, that don't change, as I said, if you do the same test 1000 times on pc with 0.1, clicking only 2 times, you will get 309/312 everytime, you won't get 400bpm with 2 clicks by any chance, you will only get 400bpm if you do 3 clicks, so its pretty precise

so once we know that, we know that laptop can register 3 clicks in 0.1 sec like 90% of the times, with the same keyboard etc

and pc can't register more than 2 clicks in 0.1 almost nothing

and this is constantly, I did the test many times in those videos, and I can do 10 more videos that will be the same result

if this is not showing that pc has more delay than keyboard what it could be?

its not that easy to show this problem with a simple photo or video, if it was that easy, everyone would believe us but its the opposite, until now nobody could do that and I don't think it will be that simple for someone to do it, without actually playing a game and comparing good vs bad.

but as I said, I encourage you to do it, if you can find a better way that anybody can do it simply, that everyone could understand, and without having to play a game, it would be great

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 20 Oct 2023, 18:26

20 Oct 2023, 18:11
20 Oct 2023, 11:53

How it works:
How it should work:

first thing I need to mention is that you said "on your notebook it feels worse in terms of performance, that's why the factual time after start is significantly more then 100ms you set and it gives less BPM"

but its actually the opposite, laptop feels way better in terms of performance, and my results were way better than pc. so again, it feels like either you didn't see the videos fully or didn't understand my explanation but no problem, I can try to explain it again

its pretty simple, the exact value of the bpm doesn't matter in this test, we only have to understand that

X bpm = 2 clicks in 0.1 sec and Y bpm = anything more than 2 clicks in 0.1 sec

you can do only 2 clicks 1000 times that you will see you will get the same result

so everytime you do 2 clicks in that time on laptop you will get 265bpm, and everytime you do 3 clicks or more you will get more than 300bpm, this is a math and those values will not variate

the things that variates is that on pc 2 clicks = 309/312 instead of 265bpm, and anything above 3 click will be more than 400bpm, that changes from pc to pc. also the values could be little different each time like, 400, 405, 401, but that doesn't change anything at all to the test we are doing

because we are considering the clicks itself, not the bpm, and with the clicks there's a solid math in this website, that don't change, as I said, if you do the same test 1000 times on pc with 0.1, clicking only 2 times, you will get 309/312 everytime, you won't get 400bpm with 2 clicks by any chance, you will only get 400bpm if you do 3 clicks, so its pretty precise

so once we know that, we know that laptop can register 3 clicks in 0.1 sec like 90% of the times, with the same keyboard etc

and pc can't register more than 2 clicks in 0.1 almost nothing

and this is constantly, I did the test many times in those videos, and I can do 10 more videos that will be the same result

if this is not showing that pc has more delay than keyboard what it could be?

its not that easy to show this problem with a simple photo or video, if it was that easy, everyone would believe us but its the opposite, until now nobody could do that and I don't think it will be that simple for someone to do it, without actually playing a game and comparing good vs bad.

but as I said, I encourage you to do it, if you can find a better way that anybody can do it simply, that everyone could understand, and without having to play a game, it would be great
also this test I did is not a suggestion for people to do it, I don't think its worth and not everyone has pc and laptop for doing that, it shows this problem is real and that laptop are less affected by it but considering the intention of the post, I think it would need to be a even better and simpler one

velorias

Post by velorias » 20 Oct 2023, 21:56

20 Oct 2023, 18:26
also this test I did is not a suggestion for people to do it, I don't think its worth and not everyone has pc and laptop for doing that, it shows this problem is real and that laptop are less affected by it but considering the intention of the post, I think it would need to be a even better and simpler one
You blame me that I don't read or watch your materials. But I really do. And you don't want to listen to me. It gives you MORE time, than 100ms for clicks on the laptop. That's why you can register more clicks on it.
Look at the attachment. It is a simple command line tool for doing similar test. The only difference is it has no delays, because somehow I could not do it. That means that it will register clicks for the set time and if you make more clicks after that, it will register those clicks as a new test.
For my experience with it, it is physically very hard to make more than 2 clicks in 100ms.
To use it, install Rust lang from the official site,
unzip the archive I attached,
cd to it's folder with CMD,
run "cargo run" and do the instructions it give you.

And again, what is the purpose of this test? It does nothing to input lag. At least, I think so. This test is not representative, as you perform clicks by your hands. If you do think, that you're right, then get arduino micro and we will make a program for it to make tests automatically.

And OMG!!! Almost 2 pages of toxic messages! It is not what I wanted this thread to be. I suggest you to create another thread and message to me with it's link.
Attachments
bpm_test.zip
(18.18 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Last edited by velorias on 20 Oct 2023, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

velorias

Post by velorias » 20 Oct 2023, 22:01

Is anyone going to get arduino? I have few test ideas. One of them is made, but I can't see the people who want to take part. But ok. I will post my tests anyway. Probably soon. Need to prepare all the materials.
One more thing about arduino. For those who is not scared of simple soldering, you will also be able to make an input lag tester. I did one and now debugging the code for it. It can precisely measure the input lag between sending mouse click to PC and monitor's reaction on it.