Do you get frametime spikes too?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
ImBIGJEFF

Re: Do you get frametime spikes too?

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 14 Nov 2023, 17:02

Thanks for your input that you don't get these events. I have in fact tried reinstalling Windows, many times. I've formatted my SSD and installed Win off a USB drive a lot. I've tried Win 10 and 11 and even some gaming optimized versions of Windows like Ghost Spectre. I get all of these events on my PC immediately after booting into Windows for the first time before any software or drivers have even been installed asides from what comes with Windows.

ImBIGJEFF

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 14 Nov 2023, 17:10

amorou wrote: ↑
14 Nov 2023, 10:13
ImBIGJEFF wrote: ↑
14 Nov 2023, 06:03
Yes I have checked both drives' health. They are both perfectly healthy. That is what's weird.
Did you tried different sata data cables , I got 4 of them but all +9 years old
Edit: Ok I just went there and bought new cable errors still occurs

A week ago my friend come to stay first time in this house he did bring his pc (desktop) , I didnt tell anything about the issue and he is a casual af gamer
He instantly said something wrong with his pc , lol
Do you also get get this event?
crypt.PNG
crypt.PNG (146 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
ChatGPT says this pertains to an issue with my motherboard's TPM, but it's strange because like the StorPort errors I get these on both of my PCs and have been every day since I installed Windows on them.

I also get a couple variations such as:
crypt 2.PNG
crypt 2.PNG (149.63 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
And this one, which is related to Google Chrome (or braver perhaps, both of which are installed on both PCs)
Attachments
crypt 3.PNG
crypt 3.PNG (149.94 KiB) Viewed 2034 times

amorou

Post by amorou » 14 Nov 2023, 20:06

14 Nov 2023, 17:10
Yes I have checked both drives' health. They are both perfectly healthy. That is what's weird.

A week ago my friend come to stay first time in this house he did bring his pc (desktop) , I didnt tell anything about the issue and he is a casual af gamer

crypt.PNG

ChatGPT says this pertains to an issue with my motherboard's TPM, but it's strange because like the StorPort errors I get these on both of my PCs and have been every day since I installed Windows on them.

crypt 2.PNG

And this one, which is related to Google Chrome (or braver perhaps, both of which are installed on both PCs)
Last time I got "3" It was 24 hours ago ,
"2" and "4" I got 1100 of them combined today , still counting.

I got some :
Microsoft-Edge-TB-test-key
ChromeMetricsTestKey
Return Code: chrome.exe
Return Code: SearchApp.exe
Return Code: lsass.exe

And all event ID 3s I got 24 hours ago was :
Return Code: 0x80090016

amorou

Post by amorou » 14 Nov 2023, 20:08

TheKelz wrote: ↑
14 Nov 2023, 16:24

Reinstall Windows from scratch. I have no such errors and still have an input lag issue (heavy/icy mouse).
Well I have the issue for a long time , did trillions of reinstalls , its still same tho , so Im not in a new position with these errors vs.

amorou

Post by amorou » 15 Nov 2023, 23:07

Reinstall Windows from scratch. I have no such errors and still have an input lag issue (heavy/icy mouse).
Kelz you seem to feel ram's effects on this , did you got any new findings ?

Im using mine b-die on 2100 cl12 for years
Mobos seem to stop optimizng some subtimings with ddr4 below 2100mhz , any idea for determining tight/decent subtimings for 1600mhz ddr4 for example.Can I just put random numbers ? Nope prolly

And always wondered how ddr3s will do with lower timings compared to ddr4

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 16 Nov 2023, 03:26

15 Nov 2023, 23:07

Kelz you seem to feel ram's effects on this , did you got any new findings ?

Im using mine b-die on 2100 cl12 for years
Mobos seem to stop optimizng some subtimings with ddr4 below 2100mhz , any idea for determining tight/decent subtimings for 1600mhz ddr4 for example.Can I just put random numbers ? Nope prolly

And always wondered how ddr3s will do with lower timings compared to ddr4
Yeah indeed RAM config seems to have a drastic effect on my PC's smoothness for sure, but I'm unable to find that perfect config, so I can't help you with that unfortunately. All I know is that one config makes it better, the other makes it worse, but it's never perfect. The only new finding that I have now is that it's not only RAM (which isn't all that surprising of course), proper CPU config is also important. For me personally, even -10mv undervolt already introduces some more microstutters, but very slight though. Anything more than -50mv and microstutters are even more huge. So there are lots of variables in this. It's just that no matter what I do, small hiccups here and there are always present anyway, you can just make it worse or better, but never perfect. This is annoying because I used to rock old Dual Core and Xeon systems and never had these issues. I would just plug it in and it would be perfect, but nowadays no matter what my specs are, I have this crap. Still trying to find the case.

ImBIGJEFF

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 17 Nov 2023, 02:45

14 Nov 2023, 20:06
14 Nov 2023, 17:10

crypt.PNG

crypt 2.PNG

Last time I got "3" It was 24 hours ago ,
"2" and "4" I got 1100 of them combined today , still counting.

I got some :
Microsoft-Edge-TB-test-key
ChromeMetricsTestKey
Return Code: chrome.exe
Return Code: SearchApp.exe
Return Code: lsass.exe

And all event ID 3s I got 24 hours ago was :
Return Code: 0x80090016
Hey bud I'm trying access the StorPort Analytic/Diagnose logs (you have to click View->Show Analytic and Debug Logs
but when I try to actually open either of them I get this WMI error:
4201.PNG
4201.PNG (102.34 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
2 of my 3 PC's have this problem where I can't view them. It's really weird. Just curious if you're able to see yours. It might be a windows home edition thing. I'm not sure.

amorou

Post by amorou » 18 Nov 2023, 13:51

Yeah and it says "disabled" for both , I use win10 pro
Attachments
123.png
123.png (124.41 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
Last edited by amorou on 19 Nov 2023, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

ImBIGJEFF

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 18 Nov 2023, 16:59

"Disabled" is normal. You have to right click and manually enable it before it will start actually logging, and to see if you actually get the WMI error in my screenshot.

Ive tried 4 pcs at my house and it's only the NVIDIA ones that have WMI error 4201 on the StorPort Diagnose/Analytic logs. The PCs with AMD GPUs work fine. Additionally, fwiw, Ive found out that many of my WMI errors (in the WMI-Activity section of EV, ((Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->Windows->WMI-Activity))) clear up as by disabling Nvidia Display Container LS in system configuration, and on the PCs with AMD gpus they happen in much less frequency.

amorou

Post by amorou » 19 Nov 2023, 17:33

I just read ur posts at tenforums, anyway

Enabling them proceeded with no error , logs started to get recorded
I got 1050ti with 441.66 btw

Jeff,

Back in days I tried to install game files to hdd but I didnt tried installing os and stuff only on it
If you have one could you try?