Fixed all my lag: edited its the AIO wires

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
assombrosso

Re: Fixed all my lag: edited its the AIO wires

Post by assombrosso » 12 Jun 2022, 13:00

Don’t waste your time indeed, had this issue in my ps3 aNd I remember exactly how heavy my ps3 controller felt despite using the highest sensitivity in shooter games.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 12 Jun 2022, 14:55

Wow man if you don't take a break from this you will lose your mind. You brain has managed to convince you over 4 times in less than a month of why this has to be the issue. Give it some rest, I know its hard trust me.

That said, I have probably used over 5-6 different kinds of pastes over 3-4 years, not because I was testing or anything, but because they really don't matter in the grand scheme of things, I am no overclocker and I sure as hell don't care If I get 3-4c higher temps in general, since all I do is considered light load "Gaming" on the PC. Most of my work I carry on my Macbook.

Find a common denominator between all the times that you had better outcome regarding inputlag, what have you done in all of these cases. I'm pretty sure you'd come up with another rationalization next week, but you can't blame a man for trying.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 12 Jun 2022, 18:58

3xil3 wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 19:11
It not game of software its hardware interference with CPU at higher frequency. IDK why but narrowing down to AIO/wires behind CPU then accidently at random redoing paste when diffent brand fixed issue. It really easy to try it out seen if helps anything else.

And I've been dealing with this for almost year. I read so much here every issue from this person it littarly looks like i posted we have did all same to fix.
I gave up and noticed electrical wire touching my comcast coax made worst. I got better when spearted but count fix as on 2nd floor. And good luch with comcast so I blamed electrical even had electrical inspector come look and found nothing regardless what i showed him. But now know about paste i think it happened around when custom loop due for maintenance and made decision to just get aio it was nzxt kraken 360 aio with intel 980x it had very subtitle lag/smotthness I figured time upgrade. When i did upgrade I build so many systems/configs also so many microcenters return :( i decided just build mini PC. I gave up nothing worked. Now it working fine with different paste for what ever reason. I even did grizzly and noticed lag got better with i loosen AIO screws. So much so i unscrew AIO complely and was fine but this wasn't solution since CPU got hot.
]

edit
Sorry for messy spelling grammer
you have variations in the input lag because for some people this issue is changing randomly during the day you can get good experience in some hours on the day and randomly get the input lag back (that is my case)

and other gets the ultimate bad luck 24/7 hours of the input lag but yeah this issue is really huge and depressive and feels like a curse. at this point i lose my hope for a fix.