[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
loccomacco

Re: [EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by loccomacco » 12 Apr 2023, 02:13

adelsa123 wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 05:02
hello guys i found something intersting about the symptome that we are facing ! i found this website

look whhat i ve founnd in there :
electrical noise symptoms almost always include loss of communication or errors in reading or writing data. And with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and other microprocessor-based components, symptoms can include loss of communications, faults or failure in the PLC or processor, discrete inputs or outputs triggering unexpectedly, and analog inputs or outputs reporting incorrect values.

now im 100000% confidennt that we are facing electricity probleme emi rfi
look what they said in the website they are not talking about gamiing or something they are talking about what emi rfi cann do to electrrical componant overall wich means thhey are mentioning not computers they are talking about all electrical stuff and its described like this : symptoms can include loss of communications and analog inputs or outputs reporting incorrect values wich in our case playinng the game at a losse of data and reporting incorrect values means fake display what we see not what happen in real time wichh means less smouthnesss less responsive and game feels trash and unnplayable ! that it .
While there are good infos there, and I'm glad that you found an article that proves EMI, but its not a new thing, at least for me, it's just another evidence, because you can prove it by lots of posts in this forum and other forums, directly or indirectly.
Btw it's solution is not a new thing as well, ask thatweirdinputlag, he is one of many live witnesses of it, he already tried a new grounding and according to what he was described, things changed for a couple of days, but didn't remain at the end.
Plus not everyone is able to provide a proper grounding, because some people live in apartments.

History is repeating itself.

Btw glad that you are 100 percent sure now, actually it's hard for people to believe even if you give them more evidences. But now that your sure, you may can help more precisely

mambarino

Post by mambarino » 13 Apr 2023, 01:17

@KingAzar

How is everything now? Still good? I know your input lag has been reduced for quite some time now but what about desync? Any substantial improvements with that?

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 13 Apr 2023, 17:35

Hello! No issue still performing very well

I don't have a desync issue anymore but it's more like the peeker advantage challenge that I have in Valorant which has nothing to do with EMI. It's just the way the game is designed compared to other games, even someone with 10ms can have a peeker advantage on someone who has the same ping or even higher ping, it's just dumb! CSGO is working fine, LOL is working fine and AH! CS2 is working really good with the new Sub Tick Rate Update!

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 20 Apr 2023, 05:24

Posting my final update in this thread:

Unfortunately my fellow friends, as it appears, everything is back to its previous state on my old setup. delayed inputs, desync, slow/sluggish game feel, dying in 1 frame with ferrari peeks from everyone regardless of what server I am on, what ping I have or what ping they have. I'm not sure when exactly was the final day of Lag-free gameplay since I was traveling and had a lot of work in the past 2 weeks.

However for the past 2 days, everything felt off, I thought it was me from just being away and losing touch of the game-feel. So I gave it 48 hours before reporting. But it wasn't on my side, unfortunately what gave me that good gaming experience is dumping close to $5K on a high end rig and was not the Filters, home rewiring, detecting high EMI producing lights etc. Nevertheless, It was still an eye opener since at times I seemed to forget how enjoyable a 1-2 hours of lag-free gaming a day was. I'll not stop, I'll still try to the best of my ability to figure out what the issue is or where it stems from.

As for my previous notes, specifically having an EMI Meter, I'm still not done with that area. I'll do more testing since a lot of weird readings I get when things are on/off in combination. Or why some circuits are heavily effected by others even though they don't share wires. One thing for sure, that I will never take for-granted, is how much those filters made my sleeping habits better.

I'll keep the lag-free gaming time as 12 days, same as my last update since I'm not sure of the exact timeline. I'll also start a new thread just asking users to post their setup details and whatnot, helps in finding a common ground that we can start on.

Cheers
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 21 Apr 2023, 13:25

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 05:24

Unfortunately my fellow friends, as it appears, everything is back to its previous state on my old setup. delayed inputs, desync, slow/sluggish game feel, dying in 1 frame with ferrari peeks from everyone regardless of what server I am on, what ping I have or what ping they have. I'm not sure when exactly was the final day of Lag-free gameplay since I was traveling and had a lot of work in the past 2 weeks.

However for the past 2 days, everything felt off, I thought it was me from just being away and losing touch of the game-feel. So I gave it 48 hours before reporting. But it wasn't on my side, unfortunately what gave me that good gaming experience is dumping close to $5K on a high end rig and was not the Filters, home rewiring, detecting high EMI producing lights etc. Nevertheless, It was still an eye opener since at times I seemed to forget how enjoyable a 1-2 hours of lag-free gaming a day was. I'll not stop, I'll still try to the best of my ability to figure out what the issue is or where it stems from.

As for my previous notes, specifically having an EMI Meter, I'm still not done with that area. I'll do more testing since a lot of weird readings I get when things are on/off in combination. Or why some circuits are heavily effected by others even though they don't share wires. One thing for sure, that I will never take for-granted, is how much those filters made my sleeping habits better.

I'll keep the lag-free gaming time as 12 days, same as my last update since I'm not sure of the exact timeline. I'll also start a new thread just asking users to post their setup details and whatnot, helps in finding a common ground that we can start on.

Cheers
Rent gas generator and use it

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Apr 2023, 21:18

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 05:24

Cheers
Sorry to hear about that! On my end everything is still smooth

Also which game are you playing?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 22 Apr 2023, 03:22

KingAzar wrote:
21 Apr 2023, 21:18

Sorry to hear about that! On my end everything is still smooth

Also which game are you playing?
My point of reference is a game called Planetside 2, played it on and off for about 10 years now, I know exactly how it should run, how vehicles/characters should perform etc. I could also download CS and test again but I'd like the door to be closed on that one since it just brings too many bad memories lol.

I've started playing Valo after the input-lag issue hit me, so my before and after experience is none existent. Besides, I will never trust an E-Sports online game that refuses to add a replay system. There's absolutely no downside of having that system in place, other than well, exposing something to the public that they don't want them to see. I do overwatch from time to time too. OW might be the game that is the least effected by our issues, yet you can still notice it.

Just to clarify, I don't think I've ever had that much of a severe lag on the mouse itself, yes the feel is not consistent yet was manageable. However the desync, dying in 1 frame and the keyboard inputs where always the main problem.

Now I need to dump even more money into another genuine windows license since apparently the one I bought back in 2019 is an OEM license even though I paid close to $140 for a physical copy. The OEM version apparently came from Turkey and is non-transferrable yet it got activated on my new system after several retries. No idea how it ended up at the store that I usually buy from, welp, unlucky for me. Maybe the OEM for a different region is what's causing all these issues, who knows, probably not.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Kiujind

Post by Kiujind » 24 Apr 2023, 19:53

If your problem is the same as me, keep reading;

My input lag becomes intolerant between 4pm to 12am, it starts getting smoother between 1am and reach its peaks of smoothness at 5am to 8am.
So if u have this same kind of input lag, I want you to know what did NOT help me:
Ferrite cores on all cables.
Greenwave emi filter, measuring lower than 80mV in the meter.
Balancing poles in the electric house wiring.
Underclocking computer.
Buying new computer
Tweak bios
Installed all kind of OS.
Bought deathadder v3 pro wireless.
Bought Wooting 60he
Enabling and disabling spread spectrum.

Last thing I will test: Online UPS. This will be my last spend on trying to fix this kind of input lag I suffer, so stay up to date with my review if you present the same kind of lag.

wadge

Post by wadge » 25 Apr 2023, 10:30

Kiujind wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 19:53

My input lag becomes intolerant between 4pm to 12am, it starts getting smoother between 1am and reach its peaks of smoothness at 5am to 8am.
So if u have this same kind of input lag, I want you to know what did NOT help me:
Underclocking computer.
Buying new computer
Tweak bios
Bought Wooting 60he

Last thing I will test: Online UPS. This will be my last spend on trying to fix this kind of input lag I suffer, so stay up to date with my review if you present the same kind of lag.
Dont waste your money, already tried what you listed and also an online pure sine wave ups, didnt help

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 25 Apr 2023, 12:07

Kiujind wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 19:53

Underclocking computer.
Buying new computer
Tweak bios
Bought Wooting 60he

Changing apartments doesn't help either.