[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Mugabi

Re: [EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by Mugabi » 25 Apr 2023, 15:09

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 03:22
KingAzar wrote:
21 Apr 2023, 21:18

Sorry to hear about that! On my end everything is still smooth

Also which game are you playing?
My point of reference is a game called Planetside 2, played it on and off for about 10 years now, I know exactly how it should run, how vehicles/characters should perform etc. I could also download CS and test again but I'd like the door to be closed on that one since it just brings too many bad memories lol.

I've started playing Valo after the input-lag issue hit me, so my before and after experience is none existent. Besides, I will never trust an E-Sports online game that refuses to add a replay system. There's absolutely no downside of having that system in place, other than well, exposing something to the public that they don't want them to see. I do overwatch from time to time too. OW might be the game that is the least effected by our issues, yet you can still notice it.

Just to clarify, I don't think I've ever had that much of a severe lag on the mouse itself, yes the feel is not consistent yet was manageable. However the desync, dying in 1 frame and the keyboard inputs where always the main problem.

Now I need to dump even more money into another genuine windows license since apparently the one I bought back in 2019 is an OEM license even though I paid close to $140 for a physical copy. The OEM version apparently came from Turkey and is non-transferrable yet it got activated on my new system after several retries. No idea how it ended up at the store that I usually buy from, welp, unlucky for me. Maybe the OEM for a different region is what's causing all these issues, who knows, probably not.
Why buy windows when u can use rufus and download any windows 10 version u want

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 25 Apr 2023, 15:10

Kiujind wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 19:53
If your problem is the same as me, keep reading;

My input lag becomes intolerant between 4pm to 12am, it starts getting smoother between 1am and reach its peaks of smoothness at 5am to 8am.
So if u have this same kind of input lag, I want you to know what did NOT help me:
Ferrite cores on all cables.
Greenwave emi filter, measuring lower than 80mV in the meter.
Balancing poles in the electric house wiring.
Underclocking computer.
Buying new computer
Tweak bios
Installed all kind of OS.
Bought deathadder v3 pro wireless.
Bought Wooting 60he
Enabling and disabling spread spectrum.

Last thing I will test: Online UPS. This will be my last spend on trying to fix this kind of input lag I suffer, so stay up to date with my review if you present the same kind of lag.
Yes please, I downloaded a whole big power station with no difference, the issue is location related. You need to play somewhere isolated and far from other electronics

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 28 Apr 2023, 07:42

Kiujind wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 19:53
If your problem is the same as me, keep reading;

My input lag becomes intolerant between 4pm to 12am, it starts getting smoother between 1am and reach its peaks of smoothness at 5am to 8am.
So if u have this same kind of input lag, I want you to know what did NOT help me:
Ferrite cores on all cables.
Greenwave emi filter, measuring lower than 80mV in the meter.
Balancing poles in the electric house wiring.
Underclocking computer.
Buying new computer
Tweak bios
Installed all kind of OS.
Bought deathadder v3 pro wireless.
Bought Wooting 60he
Enabling and disabling spread spectrum.

Last thing I will test: Online UPS. This will be my last spend on trying to fix this kind of input lag I suffer, so stay up to date with my review if you present the same kind of lag.
Did you try 4g,5g, WiFi jammer?

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 03 Jul 2023, 03:03

Just came back here after couple of months now and my input lags it's still doing very well. All working good!

cheerful

Post by cheerful » 03 Jul 2023, 09:18

KingAzar wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 03:03
Just came back here after couple of months now and my input lags it's still doing very well. All working good!
Hey bro, I just read the whole thread, this is insane. I'm very interested in how much mV you would have on your old PS with all these Greenwave filters.

mendiguera_

Post by mendiguera_ » 03 Jul 2023, 10:04

KingAzar wrote:
can you make a mouse test with MouseTester https://github.com/amitxv/MouseTester ?

Ferr0

Post by Ferr0 » 04 Jul 2023, 04:18

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 03:56
KingAzar wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 23:31

Seasonic Prime TX-1000 will emit between 300 and 400 mV better than the HX1200
On the video with a test with zero filtering. Unsure what it went YOYO but after that got stable around 370-400 mV

Now with the computer running with the new hardware, it seems to emit more EMI. Instead of being at 80-120 mV with two filters, I get to 250+. Unsure if I am doing something wrong but yeah will play along. The other 2 filters are coming this week I hope!
Thank you for taking your time in doing this. This was partially one of my concerns, EMI filtration tends to actually consume power, power that will not be recorded as "output" power hence reducing the efficiency of the PSU. I.E Better filteration = less EMI = more power loss = less efficiency. I'm assuming in order for Seasonic to reach the Titanium level efficiency in their TX series they had to compromise with filtration. Probably the reason why a lower standard "HX1200 which is Platinum rated" has lower efficiency when it comes to input vs output power, yet better filtration.

However, Based on Cybenetics papers, the Seasonic does actually have 1 more X-Cap, which is a safety capacitor used mainly for EMI filtration:

Corsair HX1200: 6x Y caps, 2x X caps, 2x CM chokes, 1x MOV
Seasonic TX-1000: 6x Y caps, 3x X caps, 2x CM chokes, 1x MOV, 1x Discharge IC

That said, it does not include how big each of those capacitors are or their rating.

Some nice reads if you're interested:
https://hal.science/hal-01887159/document
https://www.electronicdesign.com/techno ... r-supplies

What I'm confused about is, what part of the EMC standards lets 1 PSU, unhooked from the system, consuming <0.01watts produce that much EMI? Or maybe the EMI Meter that you use is not strictly indicative of what types of measurements the EMC Standards use? No idea tbh.

Thanks for the video again!
This is a little off topic but does anyone understand why some power supplies don't have Discharge IC's in their transient filtering?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 04 Jul 2023, 10:38

Ferr0 wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 04:18
This is a little off topic but does anyone understand why some power supplies don't have Discharge IC's in their transient filtering?
I have absolutely no means nor PSU circuitry knowledge to answer this question my dude! Sorry.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

zeasty

Post by zeasty » 26 Jul 2023, 21:51

KingAzar wrote:
Good news! You gave us hope.

Can you tell exactly how many filtres you used to achieve 26mv, and how much mv you get when your pc is turned on/off

We really appreciate your efforts and your cooperation

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 27 Aug 2023, 03:45

zeasty wrote:
26 Jul 2023, 21:51
KingAzar wrote:
Good news! You gave us hope.

Can you tell exactly how many filtres you used to achieve 26mv, and how much mv you get when your pc is turned on/off

We really appreciate your efforts and your cooperation
Sorry for the delay, so when my two PC are off the mV is around 22 and on it's around 60