Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Sqnax17

Re: Rare/Electrical Issues Affecting Latency — Interference, EMI, EMF

Post by Sqnax17 » 22 Aug 2023, 13:58

Sqnax17 wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 16:33
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I am not encouraging anyone to stop looking for solutions. I'm a layman on the subject, but I've been researching this anomolo inputlag caused by electricity for years. in 2018-2019 the pc was perfect and very cool, but after 2019 it's all over. I tried 2 completely different pcs, different houses and nothing happened. Recently, after testing an online double conversion UPS with pure sine wave (I feel the battery play better with the equipment disconnected from the socket, but it doesn't come close to normal operation) it didn't work, not even a panamax power conditioner. I saw several people saying that a balanced theroidal transformer would solve the problem, so I decided to buy it and spent some money because I live in Brazil and for us it is a very high value. And it didn't solve anything. So guys, don't spend money for nothing until you have an explanation with factual evidence about the solution. I particularly give up playing for fun and competitively (which I did best and it was good). It really is impossible.
unfortunately guys, playing in solar offgrid does not fully solve the problem, only partially. And connect the pc directly to the battery as well. But if someone is looking for a small improvement, throwing off the grid helps the problem, but it doesn't solve it 100%. There is still the problem of turning off and on the monitor, after returning it is perfect for 4 seconds and then degrades. How resetting the monitor power would make everything work perfectly but only for a few seconds. I really give up trying to find a solution. But I will follow up on this issue. This problem is very complicated but I know that resetting the power supply monitor totally fixed the problem for a few seconds so the problem is related to this power reset

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 22 Aug 2023, 22:06

Sqnax17 wrote:
22 Aug 2023, 13:58
Sqnax17 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm from Brazil. I am not encouraging anyone to stop looking for solutions. I'm a layman on the subject, but I've been researching this anomolo inputlag caused by electricity for years. in 2018-2019 the pc was perfect and very cool, but after 2019 it's all over. I tried 2 completely different pcs, different houses and nothing happened. Recently, after testing an online double conversion UPS with pure sine wave (I feel the battery play better with the equipment disconnected from the socket, but it doesn't come close to normal operation) it didn't work, not even a panamax power conditioner. I saw several people saying that a balanced theroidal transformer would solve the problem, so I decided to buy it and spent some money because I live in Brazil and for us it is a very high value. And it didn't solve anything. So guys, don't spend money for nothing until you have an explanation with factual evidence about the solution. I particularly give up playing for fun and competitively (which I did best and it was good). It really is impossible.
unfortunately guys, playing in solar offgrid does not fully solve the problem, only partially. And connect the pc directly to the battery as well. But if someone is looking for a small improvement, throwing off the grid helps the problem, but it doesn't solve it 100%. There is still the problem of turning off and on the monitor, after returning it is perfect for 4 seconds and then degrades. How resetting the monitor power would make everything work perfectly but only for a few seconds. I really give up trying to find a solution. But I will follow up on this issue. This problem is very complicated but I know that resetting the power supply monitor totally fixed the problem for a few seconds so the problem is related to this power reset
reply me on discord, I sent you a message there

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 23 Aug 2023, 10:14

Sqnax17 wrote:
Sqnax17 wrote:
I'd suggest trying with a brand new setup off-grid, people will tell you that a bad grid will not permanently damage the computer but that is just based on the experiences of others who've had success with getting off grid. It's entirely possible that there might be certain cases where whatever this anomaly is, might leave your setup in this state permanently.

delve

Post by delve » 23 Aug 2023, 11:49

BigBoi wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 10:14
Sqnax17 wrote:
Sqnax17 wrote:
I'd suggest trying with a brand new setup off-grid, people will tell you that a bad grid will not permanently damage the computer but that is just based on the experiences of others who've had success with getting off grid. It's entirely possible that there might be certain cases where whatever this anomaly is, might leave your setup in this state permanently.
I agree, that would be a good test, new laptop with mouse is probably enough, return afterwards.

amorou

Post by amorou » 23 Aug 2023, 17:22

Sqnax17 wrote:
Sqnax17 wrote:
You prolly have bad grounding , try disabling it if you cant redone it

(Good grounding will help isolation from on air interference , if you have bad ground , ground cable itself cant act as +antenna for system)

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 23 Aug 2023, 20:02

delve wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 11:49
BigBoi wrote:
Sqnax17 wrote:
Sqnax17 wrote:
I agree, that would be a good test, new laptop with mouse is probably enough, return afterwards.
already did that 4 times, one of them laptop already came with battery charged so I didn't even connected the laptop to an outlet once, still exactly the same problem but as I said many times for people, for some reason laptops for me are always better than pcs, doesn't matter if it has better or worse specs, and internet/gaming cafes are always worse than using pc in home, that difference can be seen in videos. well the thing is I'm the person who affirms that my interference comes from body and I've confirmed that by doing the tests needed, and also I've made this affirmation couple times that laptops are less affected by this problem than pcs. if we think about what op did and what does that have in common with trying a laptop, we can notice that both are powered with battery so he probably has same source of the problem as me, and probably most of people here too. you guys can not believe this yet but you are slowly coming to same conclusions as me

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 23 Aug 2023, 21:24

amorou wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 17:22
Sqnax17 wrote:
Sqnax17 wrote:
You prolly have bad grounding , try disabling it if you cant redone it

(Good grounding will help isolation from on air interference , if you have bad ground , ground cable itself cant act as +antenna for system)
to be talking about grounding, yours must have fixed the problem? If this statement has no basis

BigBoi

Post by BigBoi » 24 Aug 2023, 08:07

internetexplorer4 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 20:02
delve wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Sqnax17 wrote:

already did that 4 times, one of them laptop already came with battery charged so I didn't even connected the laptop to an outlet once, still exactly the same problem but as I said many times for people, for some reason laptops for me are always better than pcs, doesn't matter if it has better or worse specs, and internet/gaming cafes are always worse than using pc in home, that difference can be seen in videos. well the thing is I'm the person who affirms that my interference comes from body and I've confirmed that by doing the tests needed, and also I've made this affirmation couple times that laptops are less affected by this problem than pcs. if we think about what op did and what does that have in common with trying a laptop, we can notice that both are powered with battery so he probably has same source of the problem as me, and probably most of people here too. you guys can not believe this yet but you are slowly coming to same conclusions as me
So if somebody else uses the computer for a little and then you come along, it goes back to normal and then degrades? That's not the case for me, theres no peak if somebody elses uses it , or are you implying that me, my family and my friend are all "infected"? :D Besides, in my case both the pc and laptop are just as bad.

internetexplorer4

Post by internetexplorer4 » 24 Aug 2023, 09:43

BigBoi wrote:
24 Aug 2023, 08:07
internetexplorer4 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 20:02
delve wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

So if somebody else uses the computer for a little and then you come along, it goes back to normal and then degrades? That's not the case for me, theres no peak if somebody elses uses it , or are you implying that me, my family and my friend are all "infected"? :D Besides, in my case both the pc and laptop are just as bad.
no, in my experience, once I use the device it gets bad and doesn't come back to normal, even if I'm really far, even after reinstalling windows and letting battery go to 0% and then charging it again. for example if you don't have this problem and you send a laptop to me, after I use it, without connecting to any outlet here, it will get "infected" and when I send you back, you will have the exactly same problem as me, such problem that can clearly be seen through videos. btw my tests were all based on input lag only, not desync

also the most "noticeable" thing about this issue is that dpi feels way higher than it should because mouse gets hyper sensitive. so the first thing you would notice on desktop even before you open a game, is that for example, if you were using 1k dpi in your laptop, after I use it that 1k dpi would feel like 2k, 3k dpi after I send you back

Lucho

Post by Lucho » 24 Aug 2023, 10:02

Can someone help translate and understanding this series of videos:

https://www.youtube.com/@RaMa_91/videos