SMART METERS

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Shade7

Re: SMART METERS

Post by Shade7 » 11 Aug 2022, 19:46

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote: ↑
11 Aug 2022, 19:21
InputLagger wrote: ↑
11 Aug 2022, 18:37
11 Aug 2022, 14:10
The issue is your internet connection. Doesn't matter that you change ISP, they can still use the same exchange points and infrastructure like in my case.
I was expected posts like thisπŸ˜€ I'm already tested udp with iperf to a different citys, countries, counties, ISP's. This is not issue here. Up to 50 megabit I have 0 loss or any issues. I suppose 50 mbs is enough for any online game, don't you? πŸ˜‚

Maybe routing, yes. But it hard to measure, udp dont have "routing" feature, bad news for us :-(

Added:
Forgot about traceroute, this program uses udp while trace. Check this from your side, any issues?
How do you know what systems or algorithms ISPs use to ensure stability of their connection? Maybe it's not really about UDP packet loss but out-of-order datagrams or something else? Internet speed in my country increased drastically within few years and I highly doubt that providers were prepared sufficiently for this. At the moment having 1 Gbps connection is not a problem, but the problems are huge data transfers, old infrastructure, traffic prioritization etc. I can feel huge performance drop after 15:00 until ~03:00. If you look at countries like Denmark, Sweden, France you may easily correlate pro/skilled players per square meter with the quality of their internet connections. AFAIK all decent players in my country do not use shitty-big-corpo-low-tax-payers-internet-providers but mostly small local ISPs. In the past I''ve been watching pashaBiceps, Snax and byali streams and often they were complaining about hitreg. Their performance was incomparably worse online than offline.

https://surfshark.com/dql2021

Personally I have big troubles playing against Finnish players in every game. They are simply unhittable for me and I wouldn't call this EMI problem. This applies also to most of 3k+ elo players, especially if I play against mixed lvl enemies. Hitreg on these with lvl 10 is way much worse and it's clearly visible.
Are you saying those players (Pasha, Snax, etc) are using those bigcorp ISPs? Just clarifying.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 11 Aug 2022, 20:07

Shade7 wrote: ↑
11 Aug 2022, 19:46
The issue is your internet connection. Doesn't matter that you change ISP, they can still use the same exchange points and infrastructure like in my case.
I was expected posts like thisπŸ˜€ I'm already tested udp with iperf to a different citys, countries, counties, ISP's. This is not issue here. Up to 50 megabit I have 0 loss or any issues. I suppose 50 mbs is enough for any online game, don't you? πŸ˜‚

Maybe routing, yes. But it hard to measure, udp dont have "routing" feature, bad news for us :-(

Added:
Forgot about traceroute, this program uses udp while trace. Check this from your side, any issues?
How do you know what systems or algorithms ISPs use to ensure stability of their connection? Maybe it's not really about UDP packet loss but out-of-order datagrams or something else? Internet speed in my country increased drastically within few years and I highly doubt that providers were prepared sufficiently for this. At the moment having 1 Gbps connection is not a problem, but the problems are huge data transfers, old infrastructure, traffic prioritization etc. I can feel huge performance drop after 15:00 until ~03:00. If you look at countries like Denmark, Sweden, France you may easily correlate pro/skilled players per square meter with the quality of their internet connections. AFAIK all decent players in my country do not use shitty-big-corpo-low-tax-payers-internet-providers but mostly small local ISPs. In the past I''ve been watching pashaBiceps, Snax and byali streams and often they were complaining about hitreg. Their performance was incomparably worse online than offline.

Personally I have big troubles playing against Finnish players in every game. They are simply unhittable for me and I wouldn't call this EMI problem. This applies also to most of 3k+ elo players, especially if I play against mixed lvl enemies. Hitreg on these with lvl 10 is way much worse and it's clearly visible.
Are you saying those players (Pasha, Snax, etc) are using those bigcorp ISPs? Just clarifying.
I remember that Pasha was using Orange, the shittiest internet ever, intended only for watching funny cats on YT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oZmMkutNkI 1:35

About byali I don't know but by watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hifuBx4JkzE, knowing his location and looking at his ping I suspect Vectra (another big corp) which is shit aswell.

Regarding snax, he was complaining a lot about hitregs, here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmcjw4KPN8E in the chat he wrote that "I am getting HS behind the wall, getting stuns (I believe he meant freeze or lag) so I can't do anything, fuck CS:GO".

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 12 Aug 2022, 04:40

Added:

Iperf can spot out of order packet problem. Admit, you dont used it? I dont have hitreg problem, sometimes, maybe,(like twitch streamers), but not so often, for complain about it

Friend of mine live from me about 5km away, he have a different ISP ("same infrastructure") different game, much easier game, compared to mine. more here viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10306&p=83966#p83966

About udp packets out of order https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/commen ... ts_on_the/

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 14 Aug 2022, 03:04

I just wanted to post to let you know everything you said is true, ISP applies massive traffic shaping algorithms to account for different traffic loads, different weather conditions, different demands due to noise etc..time of day and different day of week(weekened or major events in news etc..) so that everyone gets their fair share of internet bandwidth, 80% of internet is used for video streaming(this includes TVs nowadays) so every part of route(this includes thousands of internet devices such as routers,modems,switches,firewalls,internal IPs,internal routers,DDOs protections,packet filtering,packet shaping, packet priority, local ISP station etc..) from your home to the servers is optimized for that, live video streaming, which is TCP based and not UDP. Everything you said is true regarding who gets to be on top %, even pros, every game, its funny how Challenger players in League, EUW region are all those with <30ms ping(and no they are not knowledgeable at the game or something, their lack of game knowledge is very evident and they are simply being carried by massive impact of low ping and good internet) yet no one seems to notice, its not just ping but traffic shaping and line stability/interleaving/error correction/signal to noise ratio/attenuation/RFI on copper lines etc, 10 people can have 40ms ping and all 10 of them will have massive different feel of game due to just internet(even on same PC and same power quality). And i personally vouch for this because I had interleaving disabled, the difference is equivalent to playing games in 0.25X playback on youtube level of slowdown. Even at top 0.1%+ it feels like enemies are asleep and their actions are delayed by 500ms+ while if you have very bad internet it feels like they are unbeatable superhumans. I hit challenger on a 60Hz 40fps dual core laptop with 80% winrate to master (top 0.1%) as a test of this and i did it just from calling my ISP and having line stability features(also lowered my download speeds which raises SNR) and interleave disabled(on upstream upload path, they refused to do even if i offered $1k for downstream path - this is because some ISPs lease cheaper routers/connections from main ISP in your area and they cant turn it off).

Anyway the difference is so massive that it gives you undeniable proof videogames dont take any skill whatsoever because there is very little requirement of skill even at top 100 people in that game/world(ever saw any pro player use high school+ math to explain their moves or games? ever wondered why this never happens?). They just got there by statistical guarantee someone will be born close to servers to have good ping AND good routing with fast path/strong SNR, good route and the difference these things make are so massive it leaves everything else in the dust including power quality, monitor refresh rate, ram latency or anything else, even amphetamines..

This is also the reason why koreans dominate League of Legends scene so much, they trained their whole life on 3ms while everyone else has 40ms+ as floor, as many pros have said (Doublelift on ping - youtube) "you are just learning the game wrong". And this is just from ping, once you factor in interleave/packet reordering etc, which in my opinion have even bigger impact than ping itself, they make things feel more in line, fluid, slowed down, stable, instead of 5 things happening instantly you see them come to life in a slowed down sequence of micro-events that u can react to. For example i could blink 5 times before i would be hit by a skillshot, but with interleave enabled(bad internet) i would be hit before skillshot projectile traveled 50% of the distance of it range, because the game would receive out of order packets and due to massive interlaving level by my ISP, on the server side i would already be hit, then the game would microstutter and next frame i'd be stunned/rooted by that same projectile i never saw travel the other 50% it should have on my screen.

I believe the biggest issue is flawed perception of what internet is and people take it as some sort of tin can phone with a string connecting it, when there is so many things behind it, a simple single measure of ping is not enough to describe a real time digital connection (interleaving, line stability, packet shaping, routing, packets NOT taking same route from server and to server, anti-ddos firewalls on every hop, time of day, local ISP gateway load, exit ISP gateway load etc..)

Unfortunately im not allowed to post links [Moderator: Fixed] but look into DSL Interleaving and Fast path.
https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/interleaving.htm

Random sample of 3403014 games of League of Legends (5x5 on Summoner's Rift, normal/ranked) collected between Dec 10 and Dec 15, 2013 showing winrate vs ping

https://imgur.com/g1NeQXv

https://i.imgur.com/g1NeQXv.png

1million soloq ranked games- ping vs KDA

https://researchgate.net/profile/Olivie ... egends.png

https://researchgate.net/figure/Distrib ... _269198668

note that league is a 30 tickrate game and internet has such a massive impact, for FPS games its 10x bigger impact, especially for high tickrate servers

internet load by time of day - reason why playing at 23:00 is worst feeling ever

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... ge&fr=RR-1

https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1 ... r3_lrg.jpg

https://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1 ... r3_lrg.jpg

Anyway its not my intention to shatter anyones dreams or careers, im here to simply state facts, what people perceive as talent is just the environment someone is born/lives in and quality of it, unfortunately those who were lucky and have this are too personally attached to ever admit this either due to ego or sociopathing issues. Whoever has good internet can have 1% of the skill of someone with really bad internet but be in top 500, the other guy with bad internet will struggle with his whole life to hit top 5%. Ask yourself, would you race against someone who has to run 100 meters to win and you have to race 1000 meters to win? Clearly not, then why are u chasing insanity and bruteforcing the impossible in online latency(u can use 10 seconds of game time * your ping * server tickrate to get the competitive advantage ms delay "distance" equivalent to unfair race).

Also if chief could fix links to be working and embed image graphs it would be nice-
[Moderator: Fixed. Links manually activated on a per post basis.]

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 24 Aug 2022, 20:37

Also forgot to mention a few more things
- EMF noise can and absolutely does enter into your entire system from copper phone lines picking it up (if you dont have fiber), especially at peak internet load traffic, TV hours 19:00 - 23 :00 (16:00-19:00 as well from people making dinner - check my last post for pic above)
- software tools cant detect packet reordering/interleaving/packet shaping/artificial delays/line stability features because these things exist on a much lower fundamental electrical/physical level, not on software level of networking tools(OSI layer), you need tools on that level, ie oscilliscopes or DSL testers which show you spectrum analysis and noise on your lines, also some DSL modems/routers in admin panels have xDSL statistics which show SNR/attenuation etc
- smart meters are a major health concern, there is a good documentary about it "Take back your power", they turn your whole house wiring into antenna radiating dirty electricity into you and all of your devices, + they emit 10k-100k pulses per day to transmit data to power company which is another source of EMF in RFI/microwave spectrum, combined they create two sources of EMF radiation, a lot of people assume they just transmit for 1 minute or so, but this is total time transmitted, 1minute is = 60000 milliseconds which means you can get 60k pulses of 1millisecond duration in a 24h period or more.

Smart Meter documentary (51:16 is where they measure the smart meter)

phpBB [video]

smartmeter.PNG
smartmeter.PNG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 2249 times