Router problem issue

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Patrykelele

Router problem issue

Post by Patrykelele » 13 Jun 2022, 07:32

Hi!
I am a csgo player with desync and lags in online games. I remember back in 2019 I knew something was wrong. The issues appears in afternoon time like 3pm to 0am, after the time late(3am-6am) at night it was slightly better. The problem exists on online servers, but playing offline servers is almost perfect. So I started to google what can cause the issue, then I made a topic about my problem on polish forums. They told me that It must be Internet related If I have a problem in the afternoon time, and better at night. They explain to me that gameservers or my line is oversaturated by neighbors. After they told me that I check everything, Internet speed, loss, jitter, choke, tcp retransmissions, bufferbloat. All factors were perfect so the issue was mysterious for me. I asked myself how it’s possible everything is good but my game is unplayable. I decided to test LTE tethering to play games. I was positively shocked. I had like 70ms ping and 10ms jitter but the game was responsive and smooth. At that time I considered buying LTE internet but some factors like high ping(70ms) and unstable connection were not good for competitive gaming. After that I purchased a new router d-link. I told my ISP to turn my old ONT in bridge mode(I had access to do it in the router). First days game was smooth and very responsive, after a few days it was the same as before. I didn’t know what was going on. After that i was broken. I found a blur busters forum where I found discussion “Electricity esports input/desync/better at night fixed!”. I noticed that I have similar issues to him. I ask him on discord few questions, he had same problems like me desync in game, better game on wifi/lte, also if i have for example 25ms ping it jump to 26ms I have big lag in game only by 1 ms which is crazy.He told me to turn off all outlets in home expect in my room. I did that. My game was smooth and responsive as never before. Some devices have to mess with my electricity. It is affecting my router, but pc for 95% is good like i would say still there is 5% desync. I don’t think I can fix electricity in my house. What should I buy? I'm thinking about buying UPS online for my pc and router or just buying a big lithium battery only for the router. I am so happy that after 3 years I track down my issue. I will be happy if someone get rid of lag by this post.
btw I link u shots how it looks
when i play offline
https://clips.twitch.tv/FaithfulPunchyP ... 3gzrwLPJCL
when i go online servers
https://clips.twitch.tv/SaltyAdventurou ... LNR2JKK5ly
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestFrigidBea ... jF3k9-TpaB
its only example there are situations like this in everygame

cybepine

Re: Router problem issue

Post by cybepine » 13 Jun 2022, 09:42

"He told me to turn off all outlets in home expect in my room. I did that. My game was smooth and responsive as never before. Some devices have to mess with my electricity."

To me this seems to be a clear case. You have a electricity problem. You have to fix it. Call an electrician.

Or play without those outlets if really must (I don't recommend it for various reasons).

Do not buy anything it wont fix this...

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 13 Jun 2022, 10:35

What should i tell to the electrician? Can I test it somehow accualy i am broke, I will try to get him soon

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 13 Jun 2022, 14:23

If you want use battery for router a have allready done that no improve. I was using lipo with voltage regulator thats pretty clean voltage with no improvement.
Compare online gaming vs offline gaming…. what is the difference between these two thats the question and probaly answer…
Look monesy is playing cs go with 5% loss and choke 50ms ping with no issue. So is the answer internet connection or is there other unknown for you?

UPS will be not that smart investment but you can give it back in 14 days..
Attachments
BE2F79C6-3F1D-4919-ABD3-A3EE6D114452.jpeg
BE2F79C6-3F1D-4919-ABD3-A3EE6D114452.jpeg (4.42 MiB) Viewed 2900 times

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 13 Jun 2022, 14:36

One more question how did you test that LTE with your PC. With mobile phone? What was the connection to the PC?

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 13 Jun 2022, 14:58

MegaMelmek wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 14:36
One more question how did you test that LTE with your PC. With mobile phone? What was the connection to the PC?
It was the same pc, with usb cable tethering LTE and tethering WIFI was much better.
Last edited by Patrykelele on 13 Jun 2022, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 13 Jun 2022, 15:02

MegaMelmek wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 14:23
If you want use battery for router a have allready done that no improve. I was using lipo with voltage regulator thats pretty clean voltage with no improvement.
Compare online gaming vs offline gaming…. what is the difference between these two thats the question and probaly answer…
Look monesy is playing cs go with 5% loss and choke 50ms ping with no issue. So is the answer internet connection or is there other unknown for you?

UPS will be not that smart investment but you can give it back in 14 days..
I order ups with Line-Interactive technology, everyone issue is other. If it doesn't work i dont lose anything to be honest. Only 1$ cuz i do express order. I can return it to shop for free.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 17 Jun 2022, 19:21

Little update UPS didn't help. My game still is shitty :D

wadge

Post by wadge » 18 Jun 2022, 04:48

Patrykelele wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 19:21
Now order a big power station battery capable of running your system for few hours and let us know ;)

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 18 Jun 2022, 07:12

Patrykelele wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 19:21
But it help for some time or it was straight fail?