How to make sure the problem I facing is EMI related or not

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
omusubi0216

How to make sure the problem I facing is EMI related or not

Post by omusubi0216 » 19 Jun 2022, 08:07

Hello, I'm a core FPS gamer who plays games such as CSGO, R6S, and VALORANT.
And I've been suffering from an annoying problem for a months. It is pretty difficult to explain what the problem is like, but the game just feels choppy(as if some frames are being skipped), and mouse movement feels sluggish and it makes spraying really hard. Hitbox also feels broken compared to when everything was OK(around late 2020). The problem mainly occurs in CSGO, but there's a possibility that I simply not recognizing the problem in other games, since I've played CSGO much more than any other game. And it persists no matter I'm playing offline or online and it occurs in official MM, community 128tick DM servers, FACEIT and 5e arena.

I've tried:
・Installing ReviOS
・Disabling full-screen optimization
・Enabling/Disabling XMP
・Installing/Uninstalling GHUB
・Playing with ethernet cable detached
・Using different outlet
but none of them didn't make any difference.

My PC build and peripherals:
・CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
・GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER
・RAM: 8GB x 2(Corsair)
・1TB SSD as the main storage
・Monitor: XL2546K
・Mouse: G PRO X Superlight

For context, I live in an apartment in Japan, which was built around 10 years ago. Since it happens both offline and online, I presume that it's an EMI related problem, but I don't have any clue about it.
My question is, as the title says, is there any way to know if the electricity is the cause of the issue without moving to another place?
Last edited by omusubi0216 on 20 Jun 2022, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.

TN_fun

Re: How to make sure the problem I facing is EMI related or not

Post by TN_fun » 19 Jun 2022, 14:01

Hi. I really don't know if this will help with your problem, but just for information
https://youtu.be/vxkXAeL0gGI

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 19 Jun 2022, 23:25

I have bought an EMF detector, a couple of crocodile cords and made sure that the reader does not beep and always maintain low readings in general. The input lag was still there, I have even grounded the chassis of the computer table and it did not help.

I had all the symptoms that the OP had btw. So please do not go through that route. Needless to say, grounding in general is healthier not only for you, but for your equipment, yet it will not solve your problem. At least it did not solve mine.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 20 Jun 2022, 05:21

I was living in Canada from August of last year to March of this year. I instantly recognized the problem when I played CS for the first time after coming back from Canada. Is there a possibility that the electricity in my room degraded because of long inactivity? Or is it just that living in a house with decent electricity made me sensitive to input lag?

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 20 Jun 2022, 13:57

Here I agree, I have not yet seen anyone who would correct the anomalous input lag by making a grounding.

sunrisesineast

Post by sunrisesineast » 20 Jun 2022, 17:42

Does the lag get better or worse at certain times of the day? For me it starts getting better from 1:30am until like 8am in the morning. Both offline and online games get smoother. Its like i have a different monitor.

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 20 Jun 2022, 19:53

sunrisesineast wrote:
20 Jun 2022, 17:42
Does the lag get better or worse at certain times of the day? For me it starts getting better from 1:30am until like 8am in the morning. Both offline and online games get smoother. Its like i have a different monitor.
No, it doesn't get any better.

It's getting depressing at this point tbh. It's like a rare disorder without critical cure. I'll stop playing CSGO completely until someone finds a ground-breaking solution or I'm able to move to another place and buy an entirely new whole setup. Infamous Source Engine may be the cause though.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 22 Jun 2022, 15:59

Same tbh I’m not sure if it’s emi or my hardware at this point. I move to different locations due to my job nature and tried 7 places so far in my city, same issue happens in all locations to the same degree. Myb it’s part hardware part emi. At this point, there’s no fix for this.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 22 Jun 2022, 21:54

Look how my csgo game looks like vs demo XDD
Attachments
kurwa.PNG
kurwa.PNG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 4453 times
csgo.PNG
csgo.PNG (1.17 MiB) Viewed 4453 times

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 23 Jun 2022, 04:09

Never compare demo with live gameplay. Demos are 32 ticks and unreliable. The best way is to record your screen while playing with good camera. This is what happens to me on daily basis

https://streamable.com/096w2a