Rfi causing input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Rallaz

Re: Rfi causing input lag

Post by Rallaz » 07 Jul 2022, 02:42

Shade7 wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 15:35
assombrosso wrote: ↑
29 Jun 2022, 10:01
Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
27 Jun 2022, 15:16
gorkem686950 wrote: ↑
27 Jun 2022, 13:05
Hello guys firstly sorry for my english. I live in Turkey. I have input lag from 3 years. My game(CS:GO, Valorant) is unsmooth, enemy see me first, bad hitreg, bad enemy movement, slowly game, bad sound quality. I tried offine, every windows tweaks, every gaming isos, line interactive ups, bios tweaks, emi filter, surge protector, only one line on different line off, ferrit nuves , different monitor,GPU,PSU,disk,mouse,keyboard,headset,motherboard but didnt works. Today i tried moved the monitor 1.5-2 meters away from the keyboard, mouse, headset and my game is smooth and good hitreg! when me close to monitor and keyborad,mouse,headset input lag is coming back so guys i waiting your helps!

My pc specs:
144 hz 1 ms LCD monitor, Logitech mx518 legendary mouse, 0.2 ms bloody keyboard, cheap headset
Gtx 1050 ti, Ryzen 5 1600, Asus a320m-f (tried Gigabyte b450m-s2h),16 gb 3000 mhz ram, 256 gb ssd, 500 gb hdd, 600 watt bronze PSU
That's interesting.. is it your peripherals that are causing the lag by being close the the monitor, or is it actually you. You always carry some sort of a charge on your body "static charge" this charge, if strong enough, can cause an electric field around you. Some people are more prone to holding in a static charge than others.

I'm just talking, this can mean absolutely nothing, but in general, USB cables have a ground line that goes through them, if your system is properly grounded your peripherals will be grounded too and should not be emitting EMI, or at least not enough to be picked up by an EMF meter extremely close to them.

Questions: Do you have a rug/carpet under your PC? Do you have a chair with a leather seat? Do you play barefoot or you wear sandals or home slippers with a rubber base? All of these things help build up static charge in your body, but is it enough to disrupt a monitor's functionality? Who knows.

Moreover, Electrolytes could help regulate your body charge, cheapest way to do it is grab a sport drink of some sort and drink it while in a gaming session to see if it helps. There are electrolyte boosters, but those are a bit more expansive than sport drinks.

P.S. I'm just speculating, at this point nothing is too weird lol.
This is my ultimate theory tbh lol. I always had this lag with the same symptoms across 15 locations And across different continents, I played in ksa and nz. I experienced input lag bad reg etc on ps3 , ps4 abd my newly built pc. I have also played on three gaming cafe, the input lag comes after 1-2 matches. Maybe there are some people who have strong some sort of electromagnetic field around them, I think I’m possessed by a demon when I was young and this Moro be causin all types of lag issues. I swear I feel my case is this.
You while gaming.
Please stop trolling while the issue his facing is pretty serious when it comes to enjoy games nowadays.
It's pretty clear that these problems has become more unraveled lately.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 09 Jul 2022, 05:04

Rallaz wrote: ↑
07 Jul 2022, 02:42
27 Jun 2022, 15:16

That's interesting.. is it your peripherals that are causing the lag by being close the the monitor, or is it actually you. You always carry some sort of a charge on your body "static charge" this charge, if strong enough, can cause an electric field around you. Some people are more prone to holding in a static charge than others.

I'm just talking, this can mean absolutely nothing, but in general, USB cables have a ground line that goes through them, if your system is properly grounded your peripherals will be grounded too and should not be emitting EMI, or at least not enough to be picked up by an EMF meter extremely close to them.

Questions: Do you have a rug/carpet under your PC? Do you have a chair with a leather seat? Do you play barefoot or you wear sandals or home slippers with a rubber base? All of these things help build up static charge in your body, but is it enough to disrupt a monitor's functionality? Who knows.

Moreover, Electrolytes could help regulate your body charge, cheapest way to do it is grab a sport drink of some sort and drink it while in a gaming session to see if it helps. There are electrolyte boosters, but those are a bit more expansive than sport drinks.

P.S. I'm just speculating, at this point nothing is too weird lol.
This is my ultimate theory tbh lol. I always had this lag with the same symptoms across 15 locations And across different continents, I played in ksa and nz. I experienced input lag bad reg etc on ps3 , ps4 abd my newly built pc. I have also played on three gaming cafe, the input lag comes after 1-2 matches. Maybe there are some people who have strong some sort of electromagnetic field around them, I think I’m possessed by a demon when I was young and this Moro be causin all types of lag issues. I swear I feel my case is this.
You while gaming.
Please stop trolling while the issue his facing is pretty serious when it comes to enjoy games nowadays.
No one is trolling, we are brainstorming. Static electricity is a thing, and through my posts I kept saying words like "I'm just speculating, etc." try to comprehend the posts before you reply please. The structure of my post might have some humor within its merits but it most certainly does not convey a message of me "trolling".
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 10 Jul 2022, 18:47

09 Jul 2022, 05:04

You while gaming.
No one is trolling, we are brainstorming. Static electricity is a thing, and through my posts I kept saying words like "I'm just speculating, etc." try to comprehend the posts before you reply please. The structure of my post might have some humor within its merits but it most certainly does not convey a message of me "trolling".
I think he was referring to me about the trolling. I posted this, but it got removed. Thought he would enjoy the joke.
Attachments
211216-spider-man-electro-jamie-foxx-jm-1108-92b160.jpg
211216-spider-man-electro-jamie-foxx-jm-1108-92b160.jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 3259 times

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 14 Jul 2022, 20:19

10 Jul 2022, 18:47
09 Jul 2022, 05:04

You while gaming.
I think he was referring to me about the trolling. I posted this, but it got removed. Thought he would enjoy the joke.
Yeah I found it funny tbh. It’s also funny how much we are trying to figure out a solution and end up semi believing stuff like this lol

gorkem686950

Post by gorkem686950 » 19 Jul 2022, 13:20

I bought new gaming laptop (rtx 3050 ti AMD ryzen 5 5600h) and still same...

texre

Post by texre » 20 Jul 2022, 08:08

19 Jul 2022, 13:20
what about when its not plugged in to the socket is it better?

texre

Post by texre » 20 Jul 2022, 08:09

test the game offline to make sure its not the internet

gorkem686950

Post by gorkem686950 » 21 Jul 2022, 07:09

texre wrote: ↑
20 Jul 2022, 08:08
what about when its not plugged in to the socket is it better?
same man.

gorkem686950

Post by gorkem686950 » 22 Jul 2022, 05:21

Guys i fixed my problem. i using my laptop monitor, jack headphones and ground socket. When me use old monitor or old headset input lag is back. I think my ungrounded socket broke down my monitor and USB headset.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 22 Jul 2022, 15:47

22 Jul 2022, 05:21
Guys i fixed my problem. i using my laptop monitor, jack headphones and ground socket. When me use old monitor or old headset input lag is back. I think my ungrounded socket broke down my monitor and USB headset.
Glad you were able to narrow down the issues.

You use your laptop monitor now? I'm confused, were you playing on a desktop or laptop?

Are you hooking your desktop up to your laptop?