Emi problem and possible fix(Perfect Power Box)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Patrykelele

Re: Emi problem and possible fix(Perfect Power Box)

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Jul 2022, 12:55

Hey
Today I change spread spectrum to enable. My mouse feeling was 10times better then before, like my screen was 60hz after that 300hz to describe how it feel. Also I used pbo2 with curve optimizer with negative magnitude 15. It's basicly the same in this tut https://youtu.be/dfkrp25dpQ0. After that I undervolt my graphic card 1660super to 1950MHz with 875mV and make fps cap to 400fps.Now my pc is consumption way less energy which is better.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 03 Jul 2022, 13:09

For quite long time i thought i have problem with internet. But after i did underclock on cpu and game after that was much faster my aim and movment was instantly better i know its emi for sure. I have desych in online games cuz dirty energy can affect my router.
How do you know it's not a unstable overclock or crappy auto settings from bios (either too much or too littlee) voltage for hte target frequency? I thought I was nuts but you guys are out there skipping everything and going straight to emi. 2 hours of tm5 and occt doesn't really do shit.

after you've finished your ram overclock, i insist you do cpu stability testing at the end of it all again to wrap it up(with both oc active). otherwise you are system is not all that stable.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Jul 2022, 14:20

DPRTMELR wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 13:09
For quite long time i thought i have problem with internet. But after i did underclock on cpu and game after that was much faster my aim and movment was instantly better i know its emi for sure. I have desych in online games cuz dirty energy can affect my router.
How do you know it's not a unstable overclock or crappy auto settings from bios (either too much or too littlee) voltage for hte target frequency? I thought I was nuts but you guys are out there skipping everything and going straight to emi. 2 hours of tm5 and occt doesn't really do shit.

after you've finished your ram overclock, i insist you do cpu stability testing at the end of it all again to wrap it up(with both oc active). otherwise you are system is not all that stable.
Why should I check my pc when the issue changes at late night/morning is much better than at day normal usage day. Now I talk about offline gaming. I don't think its due to bad settings. I had i5-9400f and b365m aours other ram the same issue.

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 03 Jul 2022, 14:59

Because electrical is the last thing you worry about, not something you start to obsess over halfway into diagnosing your issue.

If system is stable when underclocked, how do you skip the possibility of overclock or default setting sucking from your mind? And Wdym why should you lol that's how the process of elimination works. you got many people who says they feel you on the daytime/early morning thing, but you most likely don't have any control over it but you do have control over your cpu being supplied with enough electricity.
I don't think its due to bad settings
What i am saying is be sure and eliminate the variances 100% (im suggesting system instability due to bad overclock or board not pushing enough power or too much power when set on auto), before dropping a grand when there's absolutely nothing wrong with your game based on the video

-edit
miscommunication from quotings and stuffs, my bad patriklele xd
Last edited by DPRTMELR on 04 Jul 2022, 03:05, edited 2 times in total.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Jul 2022, 16:00

DPRTMELR wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 14:59
Because electrical is the last thing you worry about, not something you start to obsess over halfway into diagnosing your issue.

If system is stable when underclocked, how do you skip the possibility of overclock or default setting sucking from your mind? And Wdym why should you lol that's how the process of elimination works. you got many people who says they feel you on the daytime/early morning thing, but you most likely don't have any control over it but you do have control over your cpu being supplied with enough electricity.
What i am saying is be sure and eliminate the variances 100% (im suggesting system instability due to bad overclock or board not pushing enough power or too much power when set on auto), before dropping a grand when there's absolutely nothing wrong with your game based on the video
I mention underclock in my prev post maybe it was bad to do it. The spread spectrum make difference only.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 03 Jul 2022, 19:42

Patrykelele wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 16:00
DPRTMELR wrote:

I mention underclock in my prev post maybe it was bad to do it. The spread spectrum make difference only.
What brand mobo are you using?

And does your BIOS offer an "Auto" setting for spread spectrum. How does it feel with it on "auto" compared to "enabled"

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 03 Jul 2022, 20:20

Shade7 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:42
Patrykelele wrote:
DPRTMELR wrote:

And does your BIOS offer an "Auto" setting for spread spectrum. How does it feel with it on "auto" compared to "enabled"
msi b550m pro Its like huge diff between them. I think when it was on auto it was disabled. Now my game is much much much responsive then it was before

Headglitch123

Post by Headglitch123 » 03 Jul 2022, 20:34

Patrykelele wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:20
Shade7 wrote:
Patrykelele wrote:
DPRTMELR wrote:

msi b550m pro Its like huge diff between them. I think when it was on auto it was disabled. Now my game is much much much responsive then it was before
So it did work? Was a little confused in the youtube comments. I thought it didn't worked haha.

make sure it isn't temporarily, keep it on for a few days.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 04 Jul 2022, 02:09

Patrykelele wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:20
Shade7 wrote:
Patrykelele wrote:
DPRTMELR wrote:

Tried Enabling SB clock spread spectrum (AMD 5600x, Asus B550). Usually have it set to disabled, and occasionally on Auto. First impressions: I think I like the feel of it Enabled. Of course, could just be placebo. But for now, going to continue with leaving it Enabled.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 04 Jul 2022, 03:11

First time I underclocked my cpu voltage and ram ss well as enabling spread spectrum made my pc smooth ss fuck similar to effect of reinstalling windows in the first 20 minutes. I thought that’s it problem solved , nah lol, lag came back 5 minutes later. If the problem comes back after you change bios settings and reinstall windows, then that’s it, it’s input lag from electricity or something non hardware /software related imo.