Emi issues are more common than you think

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Heimz0r

Re: Emi issues are more common than you think

Post by Heimz0r » 10 Aug 2022, 08:45

Did anyone else try the motherboard/psu yet?

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 10 Aug 2022, 17:33

Heimz0r wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 08:45
Did anyone else try the motherboard/psu yet?
Nope- too expensive at the moment to upgrade those parts (especially with no guarantee of it fixing stuff).

Switching either of those parts is also a pain in the ass...

If I see a deal that is too good to pass up- I might upgrade just to see if it makes any difference.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 10 Aug 2022, 21:08

Yes guys, everyone experiences different issues related to electricity, some fixed with a conditioner, some fixed it with meter change, with hardware change etc. my issue might not work for you and I don’t people to spend that kind of cash without a guarantee. This is why I’m telling you try to a find a place that has item return policy, otherwise maybe dont.

Also like I said, if possible downgrade the gpu to 1070ti or something non gigabyte and if you experience issues with 5600x , try a different cpu, when I was searching reddit, the most threads had “after I upgraded to 5600x” , it’s the single most common cpu amongst all input lag threads.

The reason why I’m sure my fix isn’t electricity/location related Is because I have tried countless locations and nothing changed, offline and online same issue, tried turning off switches etc, I also tried different rams, different psu (wasn’t that strong) with no change, if it was electricity something should have changed.

Changing mobo made a huge difference (90%) when it comes to visual lag, stutter, smoothness, sprays, there’s a slight thing that ain’t right which is related to my mouse, I think this is something unrelated to the issue discussed tho. Trying to also fix it now. I recon you guys should try one of those solid ass boards + weak gpu (non 300x) and possibly different cpu, those are the main culprit of your lag.

Good case and cables Is a MUST as well.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 10 Aug 2022, 22:14

Mugabi wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 21:08
Yes guys, everyone experiences different issues related to electricity, some fixed with a conditioner, some fixed it with meter change, with hardware change etc. my issue might not work for you and I don’t people to spend that kind of cash without a guarantee. This is why I’m telling you try to a find a place that has item return policy, otherwise maybe dont.

Also like I said, if possible downgrade the gpu to 1070ti or something non gigabyte and if you experience issues with 5600x , try a different cpu, when I was searching reddit, the most threads had “after I upgraded to 5600x” , it’s the single most common cpu amongst all input lag threads.

The reason why I’m sure my fix isn’t electricity/location related Is because I have tried countless locations and nothing changed, offline and online same issue, tried turning off switches etc, I also tried different rams, different psu (wasn’t that strong) with no change, if it was electricity something should have changed.

Changing mobo made a huge difference (90%) when it comes to visual lag, stutter, smoothness, sprays, there’s a slight thing that ain’t right which is related to my mouse, I think this is something unrelated to the issue discussed tho. Trying to also fix it now. I recon you guys should try one of those solid ass boards + weak gpu (non 300x) and possibly different cpu, those are the main culprit of your lag.

Good case and cables Is a MUST as well.

Any recommendations for Good case + cables???

Cables (at least at the moment)- seem within budget.

And, you might be on to something with the 5600x. It is the best bang for your buck cpu at the moment, so it is expected to be common among gamers right now. Still, I am seeing many people have weird issues with a 5600x in their build.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 11 Aug 2022, 21:39

I agree about you guys not buying these parts straight away, you should start doing cheap things first to make sure hardware is the issue, start with ups or change location, if there’s a constant difference then electricity may very well be the issue. Then move on to the expensive things, and you may end up paying on alot of things that turned to be useless

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 22 Aug 2022, 00:23

Unfortunate but needed update: lag returned after 5-7 days, progressively building up until it became vivid. Pc improvement after the mobo and psu upgrade went from 90% better to 20% better, and it looks like it’s getting worse and worse. So far 4 locations tried with no change, power generator didn’t do a thing, brand new mobo + psu made the biggest difference at +90% first week or so then it became SHYTE again. Now I get why ppl say it’s truly unfixable, simply makes no sense. Better move on.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 22 Aug 2022, 00:39

Mugabi wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 00:23
Unfortunate but needed update: lag returned after 5-7 days, progressively building up until it became vivid. Pc improvement after the mobo and psu upgrade went from 90% better to 20% better, and it looks like it’s getting worse and worse. So far 4 locations tried with no change, power generator didn’t do a thing, brand new mobo + psu made the biggest difference at +90% first week or so then it became SHYTE again. Now I get why ppl say it’s truly unfixable, simply makes no sense. Better move on.
What games were you having issues with again?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 22 Aug 2022, 01:03

Mugabi wrote:
Yea that's the mind twisting thing about it, I also thought it was my Z390 Aorus Ultra at first since as soon as I changed it with ROG Maximus Hero everything was so freaking responsive, games started to feel alive, my bullets no longer have a mind of their own, etc. But then again, couple of days later and I started sensing the bad old sluggish feeling is just around the corner. That's why I keep telling people in here, not to go for a hardware upgrade, most of the times it is not the issue, not only as result of my own experience but also many others.

The thing that made difference the most was the two times an electrician worked on a grounding rod. It was either that, or the fact that the 2 circuits breakers responsible for my room's electricity were turned off during a 2-3 hour procedure.

EDIT: Forgot to ask whether you have a good grounding system in your house/building and if the other appliances are grounded to that system?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 22 Aug 2022, 05:53

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 01:03
Mugabi wrote:
Yea that's the mind twisting thing about it, I also thought it was my Z390 Aorus Ultra at first since as soon as I changed it with ROG Maximus Hero everything was so freaking responsive, games started to feel alive, my bullets no longer have a mind of their own, etc. But then again, couple of days later and I started sensing the bad old sluggish feeling is just around the corner. That's why I keep telling people in here, not to go for a hardware upgrade, most of the times it is not the issue, not only as result of my own experience but also many others.

The thing that made difference the most was the two times an electrician worked on a grounding rod. It was either that, or the fact that the 2 circuits breakers responsible for my room's electricity were turned off during a 2-3 hour procedure.

EDIT: Forgot to ask whether you have a good grounding system in your house/building and if the other appliances are grounded to that system?
Truly my dearly emi sufferer brother, this thing is absolutely insane. The reason why I thought it’s hardware in my case is because I have tried 4 god damn different locations with no change, tried a big power station with no change but abit when I first used it (I think I was coping , there was no change) and then I tried my friends pc, which was a lot a lot better than mines when it comes to this, but I only tried it fir 20 minutes (maybe if I played longer, it would get the same thing). Then I went on and searched about dudes upgrading hardware and having our exacts same issues, and found plenty, I’m talking about plenty of threads of faceit players saying In the same location, their old pc was much better than the new one. This made me think it has to be a hardware issue, then I started to do a research on what hardware could be the culprit and found mobo psu gpu cpu to be the biggest ones, tried mobo change, it almost fixed the whole thing and it stayed good for a while until it came down crashing. Recently (yesterday) I tried a gpu change (top tier quality ) the issue got worse lol, will return back tomorrow. Right now I don’t know what’s up, I can’t be changing one thing after another cuz it’s too damn expensive cuz I might get tricked into thinking issue is resolved if gameplay fine for 5+ days and then when the issue comes back, I can’t return the expensive hardware back. I tried a powerstation, it made no difference, why ? Shouldn’t it make a difference if electricity was related? What is it, radiated emi ? But from where ? Why the issue is the exact same in all those locations? I have a feeling, I can’t fix it in my country anyways. I feel my country is infected by this, most players here have 5k hours and stuck level 5 faceit.

Update: I have tried 3-4 different net cafes with 2 who had decent computers and I got the lag after playing there for a while. This makes the issue giga hard, what if the lag is in my head? And I’m bad lol. I’m basing all of this compared to the fresh windows install I used to do back in the day, it gave me incredible unreal smoothness in everything for 20-30 minutes max then lag happens, in thise 20-30 minutes, I’m a different player, enemy think I’m smurfing or cheating because the gameplay becomes so god Damn easy.
What if all players have this and not just me ?
Last edited by Mugabi on 22 Aug 2022, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 22 Aug 2022, 06:18

Shade7 wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 00:39
Mugabi wrote:
What games were you having issues with again?
I usually just play csgo, but I tried valorant and cod before in my pre new mobo + psu change and they were Similar in input lag/visual lag. Didn’t try them after this but I believe it’s gona be the same thing I have in cs. I don’t know what to tell you, this issue describes my experience, but I believe the safest option for you guys is try to find a player who is really good and experienced non of this and go live in his building. You guys are all adults, gaming with no lag is the best thing ever, every game becomes good when you have no lag, you better believe it.