Emi issues are more common than you think

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
assombrosso

Re: Emi issues are more common than you think

Post by assombrosso » 04 Aug 2022, 09:02

I will try this mobo and psu and will report

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 04 Aug 2022, 09:05

Shade7 wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 00:41
Mugabi wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 17:34

Trying to figure out the culprit will waste a lot of your time, if you game most of your time and is serious, try to make a plan and do it fast. I’d say trying of different location is the first thing u should do (good in theory, hard to implement but cuts a lot of time) , if you move around different locations with not much difference, then there’s nothing much you can do as far as changing location so you gotta do other things like
UPS change hardware /shielding emi etc. I did first change location, didn’t help , tried bunch of things but this hardware change helped the most, never played like this since 1.5 years
Which hardware change are you referring to again- sorry.
Dark hero and be quiet psu.

Indeed chief, these electricity people fooled me all along, it was a simple defective motherboard lil. But seriously, there were weird things in the first location this issue happened at, power was cutting few times a week, my pc was crashing etc. after that, lag persisted in other locations but it wasn’t as bad as the first which made me think it’s electricity, windows reinstall also gave me a relief for 20 minutes then lag started which was puzzling to me.

Gameplay going super good so far, never played like this for a long long time, maybe in 3-4 years. But the issue here is, there are literally many reasons to why this issue happens, could be any pc part, could be two pc parts that aren’t compatible, could be bad gpu bad monitor combo (it’s true, look up rtx 3070 and XG258q ). Could be bad cable management. I wonder how many ppl believe it’s electricity when In fact it could be similar issue to mine. Now the only thing I need to figure out is why my mouse is behaving weird/too slow despite zero visual/network lag and zero stutter. Bullets reg is a fun thing now, I’m spraying walls all the time seeing my bullets landing too fast on it creating beautiful fast sparks, it’s addicting as fuck. Also the smoothness of 240hz is night and day compared to before.

Heimz0r

Post by Heimz0r » 04 Aug 2022, 12:53

Mugabi wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 09:05
Shade7 wrote:
Mugabi wrote:

Trying to figure out the culprit will waste a lot of your time, if you game most of your time and is serious, try to make a plan and do it fast. I’d say trying of different location is the first thing u should do (good in theory, hard to implement but cuts a lot of time) , if you move around different locations with not much difference, then there’s nothing much you can do as far as changing location so you gotta do other things like
UPS change hardware /shielding emi etc. I did first change location, didn’t help , tried bunch of things but this hardware change helped the most, never played like this since 1.5 years

Indeed chief, these electricity people fooled me all along, it was a simple defective motherboard lil. But seriously, there were weird things in the first location this issue happened at, power was cutting few times a week, my pc was crashing etc. after that, lag persisted in other locations but it wasn’t as bad as the first which made me think it’s electricity, windows reinstall also gave me a relief for 20 minutes then lag started which was puzzling to me.

Gameplay going super good so far, never played like this for a long long time, maybe in 3-4 years. But the issue here is, there are literally many reasons to why this issue happens, could be any pc part, could be two pc parts that aren’t compatible, could be bad gpu bad monitor combo (it’s true, look up rtx 3070 and XG258q ). Could be bad cable management. I wonder how many ppl believe it’s electricity when In fact it could be similar issue to mine. Now the only thing I need to figure out is why my mouse is behaving weird/too slow despite zero visual/network lag and zero stutter. Bullets reg is a fun thing now, I’m spraying walls all the time seeing my bullets landing too fast on it creating beautiful fast sparks, it’s addicting as fuck. Also the smoothness of 240hz is night and day compared to before.
Hey man! Really glad that it's working for you now.
Did you try out any other Motherboards before you tried this one?

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 05 Aug 2022, 00:30

GZ man, now it's time to check if it's real solution or it's "one day wonder" like many other solutions. Only time will tell :D
But I guess it's one of the main reasons why pros and streamers never have this "lag/desync", coz they have top tier PCs & their components are well shielded, and EMI-resistant too. Their areas might be good too with "good" electricity quality, good RCDs in their houses, good wiring etc. but it's more of speculation lol.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 05 Aug 2022, 01:09

Iserverthefirelord wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 00:30
GZ man, now it's time to check if it's real solution or it's "one day wonder" like many other solutions. Only time will tell :D
But I guess it's one of the main reasons why pros and streamers never have this "lag/desync", coz they have top tier PCs & their components are well shielded, and EMI-resistant too. Their areas might be good too with "good" electricity quality, good RCDs in their houses, good wiring etc. but it's more of speculation lol.
I always wondered that too. Why pros don't experience these things. Is it the quality of parts they have in their builds? Do they do certain things to avoid these issues?

IMO- I think it is just pure luck- failing hardware, an incompatibility between parts, or some external cause (emi, electricity, interference, etc) that leads to these issues.

I doubt most pros even care that much about their hardware or give a thought to these things- since they do not experience them.

The few pros I've spoken to had never heard of "XMP" before. Some had never even opened up their Nvidia Control Panel (not ever bothering to ever click that icon in the tray).

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 05 Aug 2022, 05:35

Iserverthefirelord wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 00:30
It’s like this 24-7 I don’t close my pc, I play at work too cuz I work remote control. Cs now is fun as mofo, I open tdm and I run with awp quick scoping like a monkey. This fix is legit and is here to stay. Ain’t non of that 1 day disable firewall bullshit mumbo jumpo

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 05 Aug 2022, 10:36

Mugabi wrote:
Shade7 wrote:
Mugabi wrote:

Maybe people think its electricity/emi when we tried every fix out there or even change internet and peripherals and tried multiple different PCs. I tried 6/7 different PCs/laptops/desktops at this point with different brands and specs. Low end to high end. All the different combos you can think of. Surely can't be a bad mobo or some pc part issue in our case.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 05 Aug 2022, 10:42

MontyTheAverage wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:36
Mugabi wrote:
Shade7 wrote:
Mugabi wrote:

Maybe people think its electricity/emi when we tried every fix out there or even change internet and peripherals and tried multiple different PCs. I tried 6/7 different PCs/laptops/desktops at this point with different brands and specs. Low end to high end. All the different combos you can think of. Surely can't be a bad mobo or some pc part issue in our case.
When you said high end specs, what kind? Give me mobo psu names and also case used, these are the vital parts.

Heimz0r

Post by Heimz0r » 05 Aug 2022, 13:09

Mugabi did you test any new mobos before?
You had the problem for a long time but always with the same PC?

I changed motherboards twice over the last 5 years or so and both times my game was fine for 1-2 weeks and then it went back to shit. I hope for you it stays good :).
Please keep reporting if it stays good, if yes I will also try the expensive motherboard.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 06 Aug 2022, 04:44

Heimz0r wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 13:09
Mugabi did you test any new mobos before?
You had the problem for a long time but always with the same PC?

I changed motherboards twice over the last 5 years or so and both times my game was fine for 1-2 weeks and then it went back to shit. I hope for you it stays good :).
Please keep reporting if it stays good, if yes I will also try the expensive motherboard.
Nah but weird thing Is I tried playing in 3 net cafes and gameplay becomes shit in all after 20 minutes, also my laptop had similar issues (dead battery, was charged all the time) and my current pc before new mobo. All net cafes had the cheapest gigabyte mobos so them getting affected is expected, myb my city suffers from a huge emi field. I don’t remember my pc being this good when I first got it tbh, it performed pretty much the same more or less. Anyways this fix is working for me without degrading. Remember, really really expensive mobo, tier A platinum PSU 1000w, not too strong GPU (avoid 3000 series ) get something like 1070, shielded case + pro cable management.