how i fixed the problem.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
itsjNs

Re: how i fixed the problem.

Post by itsjNs » 06 Aug 2022, 08:56

I guess he can just hook up 2-3-4 even batteries and store as much electricity as possible in them when theres sun thats a way to go.
Or even a charger for the batteries that can just be plugged in to the outlets of his house to just charge the batteries and then unplug it to play :D

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 06 Aug 2022, 11:28

texre wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 16:14
hey all after 2 years of looking for fixes and spending tons of money i finally fixed my issue.
after changing parts and monitors and every single tweak you can think of i finally took my pc to another house. it ran lovely the best it ran since i moved 2 years ago. the colors on the monitor are so much more vibrant i was able to track properly hear footsteps a mile a way see what im shooting at and actually have muscle memory all in the span of 2-3 hours. (felt good the entire time) so that made me go out and buy a power station after looking at the forums. when it got here it ran perfectly too everything felt like i was at my old house,the only downfall was it died after 40 mins of me playing, and if i wanted one that lasted longer i would of had to pay $1200. so i thought of a cheaper route a solar powered generator. i got a 100ah battery and 2 100 watt solar panels and a solar controller and 1500 watt inverter all for less then $300. so i finally set it up plugged everything in and it ran perfectly as well, this will be my 3rd week with it now and man its night and day the difference. i get on everyday and have the same consistent gameplay no difference. no more sutters no more prefires no more bs. im so glad i fixed it hopefully this can help some of you who have been looking for a fix for a very long time. it wasnt my pc or internet it was my house. so all the people that think emi isnt real it is real.

side note i dont think peripherals get infected well at least mine didnt im still using the same keyboard and mouse. also didnt reinstall windows. and cloudy days cause takes longer to charge
I went back to your post just to check the timeline, late night on the 27th of July you said, and i quote "Ok, tested it with power station. Hasn’t done a single thing lol, same old input lag.". Then you went on about wanting to order something else, which i'm guessing the solar panels. Assuming shipping and installation would take at least 3-4 days judging by the fact that it was close to the weekend, that would leave you around the 2nd of august for everything to be ready? If the shipping and installation came in a timely manner of course. On the 6th of August you create a post saying you fixed it, and this is your 3rd week of testing!

Don't get me wrong dude, i'm genuinely happy that this might've been the ultimate solution for you. Yet, misleading others into thinking this is it by being dishonest about the duration is a little bit low. Contain your excitement, and maintain your part of due diligence by testing it further. You know how alot of the solutions ended up being temporary! I've had a separate earthing system installed just for my pc outlet and everything became insane for about a week. Then, it all came back!

Would still love for you to give an honest update lets say around the 20th of August? That would be pretty neat if everything is still in order..
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 06 Aug 2022, 13:08

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 11:28
texre wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 16:14
hey all after 2 years of looking for fixes and spending tons of money i finally fixed my issue.
after changing parts and monitors and every single tweak you can think of i finally took my pc to another house. it ran lovely the best it ran since i moved 2 years ago. the colors on the monitor are so much more vibrant i was able to track properly hear footsteps a mile a way see what im shooting at and actually have muscle memory all in the span of 2-3 hours. (felt good the entire time) so that made me go out and buy a power station after looking at the forums. when it got here it ran perfectly too everything felt like i was at my old house,the only downfall was it died after 40 mins of me playing, and if i wanted one that lasted longer i would of had to pay $1200. so i thought of a cheaper route a solar powered generator. i got a 100ah battery and 2 100 watt solar panels and a solar controller and 1500 watt inverter all for less then $300. so i finally set it up plugged everything in and it ran perfectly as well, this will be my 3rd week with it now and man its night and day the difference. i get on everyday and have the same consistent gameplay no difference. no more sutters no more prefires no more bs. im so glad i fixed it hopefully this can help some of you who have been looking for a fix for a very long time. it wasnt my pc or internet it was my house. so all the people that think emi isnt real it is real.

side note i dont think peripherals get infected well at least mine didnt im still using the same keyboard and mouse. also didnt reinstall windows. and cloudy days cause takes longer to charge
I went back to your post just to check the timeline, late night on the 27th of July you said, and i quote "Ok, tested it with power station. Hasn’t done a single thing lol, same old input lag.". Then you went on about wanting to order something else, which i'm guessing the solar panels. Assuming shipping and installation would take at least 3-4 days judging by the fact that it was close to the weekend, that would leave you around the 2nd of august for everything to be ready? If the shipping and installation came in a timely manner of course. On the 6th of August you create a post saying you fixed it, and this is your 3rd week of testing!

Don't get me wrong dude, i'm genuinely happy that this might've been the ultimate solution for you. Yet, misleading others into thinking this is it by being dishonest about the duration is a little bit low. Contain your excitement, and maintain your part of due diligence by testing it further. You know how alot of the solutions ended up being temporary! I've had a separate earthing system installed just for my pc outlet and everything became insane for about a week. Then, it all came back!

Would still love for you to give an honest update lets say around the 20th of August? That would be pretty neat if everything is still in order..
Oi that was someone else who said tested power station and it hasn’t done a single thang.
My mobo + psu fix rain supreme. You have to have a strong mobo that filters electricity very much very well to get clean ok gameplay. Separate earthing system isn’t gona help a weak mobo for long

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 06 Aug 2022, 14:33

Mugabi wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 13:08
And how long have your new hardware been installed already? Don't get me wrong, but I went through 3 different motherboards all of which were pretty much on the higher scale for a Z390. Aorus Ultra, Aorus Master and a Maximums XI Hero, none of those models are low end, yet they all started exhibiting the same problems after less than a week. I haven't tried a PSU yet, that's literally the only think left in my system unchanged, aside form the CPU ofc.

However, the PSU is a Seasonic 850W Platinum, I'm not going titanium and paying an extra $300 for an unsure thing. I'm even due an entire rig update and haven't had the courage to do so, too afraid the lag is going to haunt there too. My times of throwing money into this well are well behind me, God Bless.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

DPRTMELR

Post by DPRTMELR » 06 Aug 2022, 14:50

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 14:33
Mugabi wrote:
And how long have your new hardware been installed already? Don't get me wrong, but I went through 3 different motherboards all of which were pretty much on the higher scale for a Z390. Aorus Ultra, Aorus Master and a Maximums XI Hero, none of those models are low end, yet they all started exhibiting the same problems after less than a week. I haven't tried a PSU yet, that's literally the only think left in my system unchanged, aside form the CPU ofc.

However, the PSU is a Seasonic 850W Platinum, I'm not going titanium and paying an extra $300 for an unsure thing. I'm even due an entire rig update and haven't had the courage to do so, too afraid the lag is going to haunt there too. My times of throwing money into this well are well behind me, God Bless.
off topic but I have a system that's utilizing both 120v and 240v and things run just fine without anything blowing up, yet. and I would never game on it lol.

Anyway, the reason why that is okay thing to do is because ultimately your power supply does the final conversion to 3/5/12v and feed it to the board and graphics card.

Assuming you've ruled everything out and you are positive it's electricity(why did I waste my time typing this sentence), you should've tried a new psu after trying the second board before anything else as cpu/ram/gpu failiure will be immediately apparent. I am not talking about upgrading to a titanium either becuase only thing you are getting from that upgrade is quieter fan operation. just get another 850 gold(because pricing makes sense usually) and see if it makes any differences. now you've ruled out your system completely and it's electricity source.
Most adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night. - US FDA

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 06 Aug 2022, 15:04

When we are discussing emu issues- are the sources of emi more likely to originate from outside the PC or within?

I’m wondering if I have to shield my PC from the surrounding environment or the individual parts from each other.

Im trying to go about it 1 step at a tome (so long as it is reasonably within budget). I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread that you should avoid glass panels on your case. Ordered a solid panel replacement last night. But I was wondering…could a solid side panel cause more disturbance within the pc?

How much of a significance does cable management make? Are there any common practices to keep certain wires/components away from each other? As an average unassuming customer, I would have just thought any decent psu (not complete offbrand crap) would have decent enough shielding/covering to prevent these issues.

Threads like this make me wonder if my Corsair rm850 gold psu, which I decided to buy because it was on sale and seemed very cheap compared to other 850w ones, is actually crap and could be a potential source of my issues.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 06 Aug 2022, 22:19

DPRTMELR wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 14:50
Shade7 wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 15:04
Yes, true! As I mentioned before, most of the power supplies are equipped to handle an AC voltage across 100-240V.

For a problem that is as spread as this one, with many cases reporting that a power supply did not help, I didn't necessarily feel the need to throw more money at something not concrete. Seasonic is well known for making some of the best power supplies in the market, that said, it still doesn't mean that mine is a 100% fault free, But taking a chance on that is not worth spending the extra money, definitely not for a downgrade from Platinum to Gold rating either, specially when I live in a country that you just cannot return used stuff like electronics, unless they are faulty.

@Shade7, no one really knows where the EMI "if it was even the culprit" is coming from, or is it the same common source for everyone, even with a solid steel panel, you still have your cables exposed outside. Interestingly enough, the whole "Spread Spectrum" feature that you find in your motherboard was introduced mainly to cut costs on EMI shielding from within the motherboard. So why pay more in manufacturing to provide better shielding when you can just add a feature that messes with the end user's BCLK frequency to distribute the total noise among multiple frequencies instead of only one. You're still getting the same amount of EMI from your poorly shielded motherboard, but the peak noise now is well within the "pseudo" standards.

It's even more frustrating when you think of Asus for example and their ROG lineup of motherboards for Z690s. Their Apex $799 which is supposed to be their crown jewel when it comes to extreme overclocking had an entire batch with bad traces in PCB design effecting the signal integrity of the ram slots making it impossible to post and stay stable on any frequency above 6000! Even their " ROG Extreme" one which is $1199 exhibited the same issues with its PCB design, a BIOS update didn't solve any of those problems and users where just fuming over their forums. Let's not forget about their most sold and beloved "Maximus Hero" that also had an entire batch with a capacitor placed the wrong way causing it to catch fire. I can't even imagine how bad manufacturing standards and quality control have to be for these kinds of issues to happen. But you get the point, they will try to cut costs in any way possible.

They never went public with either the Apex or the extreme models specific batch problems, why should they, they already took a big hit with their most sold one "the Maximus Hero" catching fire. The Apex and Extreme users are on a niche market, they won't be heard as much, and chances are, at least for the Extreme models, that users will think surely the RAM or something else is the problem other than thinking their lovely $1199 motherboard is. It needs tremendous amount of troubleshooting and time to detect these issues, specially if you're the end user and you just don't know where to begin. Issues that should be already been detected with well established and complex quality check procedures.

But then again, Asus was literally glorified for taking action and going public about an unthinkable mistake like having an unhidden capacitor soldered the wrong way! Something that a random overclocker on youtube figured out just by looking at pictures. A mistake that a first level line of quality check would've easily detected, but nope, people like JaysTwoCents who preach on being for the consumers just went on bullshitting his way on how gracious Asus is for taking action, and it's "what they do after that matters" lol. I wish people can see through this guy's bullshit. For the love of God, he is sponsored by them, Instead of ridiculing them for something that it should have never happened in the first place, specially for a motherboard that costs $499, he placed them on a pedestal and explained how the entire thing is because they needed to build more and build faster "to attend for the shortages". Linus for example is heavily sponsored by both intel and Nvidia, yet the dude never seizes the chance to call them out and point out what problems they have on any occasion, never commends them unless for a good product, and always ridicules them for the mistakes they make, either with their product lineup, quality, or pricing. Apparently he signs the sponsorship contract on his own terms unlike JaysTwoCents.

The moral of the story is, we are doomed.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 07 Aug 2022, 17:01

Shade7 wrote:
When we are discussing emu issues- are the sources of emi more likely to originate from outside the PC or within?

I’m wondering if I have to shield my PC from the surrounding environment or the individual parts from each other.

Im trying to go about it 1 step at a tome (so long as it is reasonably within budget). I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread that you should avoid glass panels on your case. Ordered a solid panel replacement last night. But I was wondering…could a solid side panel cause more disturbance within the pc?

How much of a significance does cable management make? Are there any common practices to keep certain wires/components away from each other? As an average unassuming customer, I would have just thought any decent psu (not complete offbrand crap) would have decent enough shielding/covering to prevent these issues.

Threads like this make me wonder if my Corsair rm850 gold psu, which I decided to buy because it was on sale and seemed very cheap compared to other 850w ones, is actually crap and could be a potential source of my issues.
Both, emi sources can be generated from outside pc case affecting pc and inside of pc affecting pc, you can protect the pc from both by having solid non glass pc case panels from outside, and by having shielded non defective pc parts with correct wiring (not parallel) inside. I mean I should be careful saying this solution will 95% fix the lag, maybe you guys are experiencing something totally different than what I’m having. But my guy feeling tells me you don’t, but to be sure go find a place that returns items or offer refunds taking 15-20% and simply do what I said regarding pc parts and I’ll pray for you guys.

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 07 Aug 2022, 17:05

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 14:33
Mugabi wrote:

I simply avoid gigabyte at all costs and these motherboards are abit old, I would say if possible try the dark hero mobo with 3700 ram and cheap but but strong gpu from asus and give it a go, if not happy, return items. Money is truly our biggest issue here, we can’t simply throw thousands on equipments with no difference gotten.

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 07 Aug 2022, 17:47

Mugabi wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 17:01
Shade7 wrote:

Both, emi sources can be generated from outside pc case affecting pc and inside of pc affecting pc, you can protect the pc from both by having solid non glass pc case panels from outside, and by having shielded non defective pc parts with correct wiring (not parallel) inside. I mean I should be careful saying this solution will 95% fix the lag, maybe you guys are experiencing something totally different than what I’m having. But my guy feeling tells me you don’t, but to be sure go find a place that returns items or offer refunds taking 15-20% and simply do what I said regarding pc parts and I’ll pray for you guys.
How do I avoid wiring (not parallel)?