how i fixed the problem.

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Mugabi

Re: how i fixed the problem.

Post by Mugabi » 07 Aug 2022, 18:10

Shade7 wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 17:47
Mugabi wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 17:01
Shade7 wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 15:04
When we are discussing emu issues- are the sources of emi more likely to originate from outside the PC or within?

I’m wondering if I have to shield my PC from the surrounding environment or the individual parts from each other.

Im trying to go about it 1 step at a tome (so long as it is reasonably within budget). I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread that you should avoid glass panels on your case. Ordered a solid panel replacement last night. But I was wondering…could a solid side panel cause more disturbance within the pc?

How much of a significance does cable management make? Are there any common practices to keep certain wires/components away from each other? As an average unassuming customer, I would have just thought any decent psu (not complete offbrand crap) would have decent enough shielding/covering to prevent these issues.

Threads like this make me wonder if my Corsair rm850 gold psu, which I decided to buy because it was on sale and seemed very cheap compared to other 850w ones, is actually crap and could be a potential source of my issues.
Both, emi sources can be generated from outside pc case affecting pc and inside of pc affecting pc, you can protect the pc from both by having solid non glass pc case panels from outside, and by having shielded non defective pc parts with correct wiring (not parallel) inside. I mean I should be careful saying this solution will 95% fix the lag, maybe you guys are experiencing something totally different than what I’m having. But my guy feeling tells me you don’t, but to be sure go find a place that returns items or offer refunds taking 15-20% and simply do what I said regarding pc parts and I’ll pray for you guys.
How do I avoid wiring (not parallel)?
Make sure gpu cable isn’t parallel to mobo isn’t parallel to cpu cable extra , like an X

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 07 Aug 2022, 18:58

Mugabi wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 18:10
Shade7 wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 17:47
Mugabi wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 17:01
Shade7 wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 15:04
When we are discussing emu issues- are the sources of emi more likely to originate from outside the PC or within?

I’m wondering if I have to shield my PC from the surrounding environment or the individual parts from each other.

Im trying to go about it 1 step at a tome (so long as it is reasonably within budget). I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread that you should avoid glass panels on your case. Ordered a solid panel replacement last night. But I was wondering…could a solid side panel cause more disturbance within the pc?

How much of a significance does cable management make? Are there any common practices to keep certain wires/components away from each other? As an average unassuming customer, I would have just thought any decent psu (not complete offbrand crap) would have decent enough shielding/covering to prevent these issues.

Threads like this make me wonder if my Corsair rm850 gold psu, which I decided to buy because it was on sale and seemed very cheap compared to other 850w ones, is actually crap and could be a potential source of my issues.
Both, emi sources can be generated from outside pc case affecting pc and inside of pc affecting pc, you can protect the pc from both by having solid non glass pc case panels from outside, and by having shielded non defective pc parts with correct wiring (not parallel) inside. I mean I should be careful saying this solution will 95% fix the lag, maybe you guys are experiencing something totally different than what I’m having. But my guy feeling tells me you don’t, but to be sure go find a place that returns items or offer refunds taking 15-20% and simply do what I said regarding pc parts and I’ll pray for you guys.
How do I avoid wiring (not parallel)?
Make sure gpu cable isn’t parallel to mobo isn’t parallel to cpu cable extra , like an X
Ugh- still a little confused about this. I'll look it up.

texre

Post by texre » 08 Aug 2022, 16:47

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 11:28
texre wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 16:14
hey all after 2 years of looking for fixes and spending tons of money i finally fixed my issue.
after changing parts and monitors and every single tweak you can think of i finally took my pc to another house. it ran lovely the best it ran since i moved 2 years ago. the colors on the monitor are so much more vibrant i was able to track properly hear footsteps a mile a way see what im shooting at and actually have muscle memory all in the span of 2-3 hours. (felt good the entire time) so that made me go out and buy a power station after looking at the forums. when it got here it ran perfectly too everything felt like i was at my old house,the only downfall was it died after 40 mins of me playing, and if i wanted one that lasted longer i would of had to pay $1200. so i thought of a cheaper route a solar powered generator. i got a 100ah battery and 2 100 watt solar panels and a solar controller and 1500 watt inverter all for less then $300. so i finally set it up plugged everything in and it ran perfectly as well, this will be my 3rd week with it now and man its night and day the difference. i get on everyday and have the same consistent gameplay no difference. no more sutters no more prefires no more bs. im so glad i fixed it hopefully this can help some of you who have been looking for a fix for a very long time. it wasnt my pc or internet it was my house. so all the people that think emi isnt real it is real.

side note i dont think peripherals get infected well at least mine didnt im still using the same keyboard and mouse. also didnt reinstall windows. and cloudy days cause takes longer to charge
I went back to your post just to check the timeline, late night on the 27th of July you said, and i quote "Ok, tested it with power station. Hasn’t done a single thing lol, same old input lag.". Then you went on about wanting to order something else, which i'm guessing the solar panels. Assuming shipping and installation would take at least 3-4 days judging by the fact that it was close to the weekend, that would leave you around the 2nd of august for everything to be ready? If the shipping and installation came in a timely manner of course. On the 6th of August you create a post saying you fixed it, and this is your 3rd week of testing!

Don't get me wrong dude, i'm genuinely happy that this might've been the ultimate solution for you. Yet, misleading others into thinking this is it by being dishonest about the duration is a little bit low. Contain your excitement, and maintain your part of due diligence by testing it further. You know how alot of the solutions ended up being temporary! I've had a separate earthing system installed just for my pc outlet and everything became insane for about a week. Then, it all came back!

Would still love for you to give an honest update lets say around the 20th of August? That would be pretty neat if everything is still in order..
yeah that wasnt me and my issue is still 100% fixed as to why im not on the forums everyday like i use to be. yeah ill come back in another 2 weeks but i dont think itll change.

texre

Post by texre » 08 Aug 2022, 16:48

itsjNs wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 08:56
I guess he can just hook up 2-3-4 even batteries and store as much electricity as possible in them when theres sun thats a way to go.
Or even a charger for the batteries that can just be plugged in to the outlets of his house to just charge the batteries and then unplug it to play :D
yes im planning to order 2-3 more 100 ah batteries and 1-2 more 100 watt panels

texre

Post by texre » 08 Aug 2022, 16:49

woodyfly wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 03:10
what are u gonna do in the winter
i live in los angeles california there is no winter here

itsjNs

Post by itsjNs » 23 Aug 2022, 23:57

Is you issue still fixed? I was wondering that at night time there is no way you system can run off 1 100AH battery for 8-9 hours, while you are gaming.
At most it would do 2 hours am I right? Ive calculated the watts your system pulls and a 100ah battery should let you use it for like 2 hours tops
Last edited by itsjNs on 27 Aug 2022, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.

lyar

Post by lyar » 24 Aug 2022, 20:17

texre wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 16:47
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
texre wrote:
hey all after 2 years of looking for fixes and spending tons of money i finally fixed my issue.
after changing parts and monitors and every single tweak you can think of i finally took my pc to another house. it ran lovely the best it ran since i moved 2 years ago. the colors on the monitor are so much more vibrant i was able to track properly hear footsteps a mile a way see what im shooting at and actually have muscle memory all in the span of 2-3 hours. (felt good the entire time) so that made me go out and buy a power station after looking at the forums. when it got here it ran perfectly too everything felt like i was at my old house,the only downfall was it died after 40 mins of me playing, and if i wanted one that lasted longer i would of had to pay $1200. so i thought of a cheaper route a solar powered generator. i got a 100ah battery and 2 100 watt solar panels and a solar controller and 1500 watt inverter all for less then $300. so i finally set it up plugged everything in and it ran perfectly as well, this will be my 3rd week with it now and man its night and day the difference. i get on everyday and have the same consistent gameplay no difference. no more sutters no more prefires no more bs. im so glad i fixed it hopefully this can help some of you who have been looking for a fix for a very long time. it wasnt my pc or internet it was my house. so all the people that think emi isnt real it is real.

side note i dont think peripherals get infected well at least mine didnt im still using the same keyboard and mouse. also didnt reinstall windows. and cloudy days cause takes longer to charge
I went back to your post just to check the timeline, late night on the 27th of July you said, and i quote "Ok, tested it with power station. Hasn’t done a single thing lol, same old input lag.". Then you went on about wanting to order something else, which i'm guessing the solar panels. Assuming shipping and installation would take at least 3-4 days judging by the fact that it was close to the weekend, that would leave you around the 2nd of august for everything to be ready? If the shipping and installation came in a timely manner of course. On the 6th of August you create a post saying you fixed it, and this is your 3rd week of testing!

Don't get me wrong dude, i'm genuinely happy that this might've been the ultimate solution for you. Yet, misleading others into thinking this is it by being dishonest about the duration is a little bit low. Contain your excitement, and maintain your part of due diligence by testing it further. You know how alot of the solutions ended up being temporary! I've had a separate earthing system installed just for my pc outlet and everything became insane for about a week. Then, it all came back!

Would still love for you to give an honest update lets say around the 20th of August? That would be pretty neat if everything is still in order..
yeah that wasnt me and my issue is still 100% fixed as to why im not on the forums everyday like i use to be. yeah ill come back in another 2 weeks but i dont think itll change.
any update?

texre

Post by texre » 29 Aug 2022, 13:12

itsjNs wrote:
23 Aug 2022, 23:57
Is you issue still fixed? I was wondering that at night time there is no way you system can run off 1 100AH battery for 8-9 hours, while you are gaming.
At most it would do 2 hours am I right? Ive calculated the watts your system pulls and a 100ah battery should let you use it for like 2 hours tops
no it works for like 4-5 hours fully charged my rig only pulls like 80-140 watts. But yes indeed you’ll need another 100 ah battery. If you want to consistently play long. Solar isn’t the only way to charge them you can actually use a car battery charger.

texre

Post by texre » 29 Aug 2022, 13:16

lyar wrote:
24 Aug 2022, 20:17
texre wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 16:47
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
texre wrote:

any update?
Update is that it’s still working perfectly fine I can even show you guys a gameplay difference if you have a hard time believing me. I enjoy Gaming again im no longer on here everyday for hours so that should tell you something lol. But I def recommend getting a battery and inverter and trying it out for yourselves. It doesn’t have to be solar charged it can be charged by a car battery as well. It’s been a month or over a month honestly it feels the same everyday I really wanna thank the forums honestly

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 30 Aug 2022, 01:11

texre wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 13:16
No one said that they didn't believe you. Me myself only found an inconsistency in your timeline, and asked if you can share an update later on provided the nature of the issue and its tendency to rear its ugly head back again after a short period of time. However, can you please go into a little bit of detail in describing how your system felt before and after? Gaming in specifc? anything you noticed that have also changed other than the casual input lag?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini