What could possibly be my issue? It’s beyond my understanding…

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Yuiiski

What could possibly be my issue? It’s beyond my understanding…

Post by Yuiiski » 05 Aug 2022, 09:45

Before I start, please try and read all of this to avoid suggesting things that I have already tried.

I’ll keep this short… Hopefully.

Long story short, I moved into my current house back in 2016, I had no issues with performance before moving here. When I first moved here I plugged in my PC and quickly noticed something was up, all games were stuttering, every single game, it worked fine before moving, so why now? I couldn’t figure it out so ended up just getting a new PC, exact same issue, all games were unplayable.

Fast forward to now, since moving here in 2016 and I have been super desperate trying to fix the issue and have had no luck, I have gone through five computers and all of them have performed the exact same way, stuttering and fps drops in every game. I should add that I also purchased the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 when they first released because I had given up hope with fixing the PC issue only for both consoles to stutter in games too, I have taken these PCs and consoles to other houses but they stuttered there too, I also purchased a UPS for my last PC in the hopes it would somehow help, nope.

I’m completely hopeless, the last time I was able to play a game without issues was before moving here in 2016 and I have no idea what’s going on, friends say that my house is cursed but I don’t know.

But like I said, these issues only began once I moved into this house. I really don’t know what could be causing this issue but it’s almost driven me to insanity lol, suggestions pls.

Also to add, with each new PC I replaced everything, and I mean everything, so there isn’t anything that has been used with previous computers and then brought across to another PC, so, power cables, hdmi cables, display port cables, keyboard and mouse etc. Everything has been replaced several times.

This has led me to believe that it’s something external causing these issues because I won’t believe for a second that somehow all five PCs and consoles are somehow at fault.

I should add, everything has been replaced, monitors, keyboard and mouse etc. I made sure to use completely new parts each time I bought a new PC. And no it’s not my internet either.

delve

Re: What could possibly be my issue? It’s beyond my understanding…

Post by delve » 05 Aug 2022, 09:55

delete
Last edited by delve on 05 Aug 2022, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.

delve

Post by delve » 05 Aug 2022, 09:58

try a pc, which wasn't plugged in or used in your house in a different location.

Edit: Alright, you did that already, with success. Try a power station then maybe, if you can test and return it easily.

Yuiiski

Post by Yuiiski » 05 Aug 2022, 10:04

delve wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 09:58
try a pc, which wasn't plugged in or used in your house in a different location.

Edit: Alright, you did that already, with success. Try a power station then maybe, if you can test and return it easily.
I haven’t done this but have been meaning to. If I can get a new PC and use it in another house first and it works fine, great. If I then take it back to my house and it works badly again, I then know for certain that my house is at fault. Which is what I think is the case, can’t be anything else to be honest.

delve

Post by delve » 05 Aug 2022, 10:24

Yes, get a power station and a new pc, never plug in the pc in the houses outlets and always unplug the power station before plugging in the pc into it. If this works, your problem is coming "from the outlet". Could be emi or some fault in the electrical installation.

If it doesn't work, there could be high levels of emi in your surroundings radiating through air, which might be causing this.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 05 Aug 2022, 10:27

What games it happens in online, offline or both?

And can you describe more indepth on the issue what type of stuttering is it? Can you capture it on video ir no? Stuttering can mean many different things.

Is it just stuttering or you notice other problems with it like lot of other problems in these forums like input lag, desync etc?

Based on the little info and if only online games, I'm thinking it's internet issue.
If happens in both, gonna be more tricky to solve

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 05 Aug 2022, 10:46

Well this one is a hard nut to crack. However, It would seem to point to your house...

Has an electrician checked your home (panel and wiring)?

Do you have dimming or flickering lights? Does your refrigerator work normally (like not constantly turning on)?
I have taken these PCs and consoles to other houses but they stuttered there too
Although you tried those PCs and consoles in another apartment.
You can still try this (does not cost anything):

Turn off all circuits from electric panel (leave refrigerator on). Only leave kitchen circuit on. Take power from kitchen outlet for you computer. Only plug keyboard, mouse, monitor and computer. Is it still the same stuttering?

Mugabi

Post by Mugabi » 05 Aug 2022, 16:17

Is it possible to list all your pc builds especially motherboard psu gpu

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 05 Aug 2022, 16:25

Did you testen offline also, since you mentioned that it cant be youre internet >?