My friend is performing much better at another friend's house

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
omusubi0216

My friend is performing much better at another friend's house

Post by omusubi0216 » 27 Aug 2022, 03:14

One of my VALORANT friends, A(constantly goes like 7-19 despite having enough knowledge and being pretty good at shooting bots) is visiting my another friend, B(who casually performs like crazy and gets a lot of aces even though he doesn't do any kind of aim training and has very poor amount of knowledge) and playing from B's computer.
A's saying that mouse movement feels much smoother and he's performing much better than usual. Watching him playing using screen sharing, his aim looks much better to me. For context, they live in the same city (they even used to go to the same school) and they both have same interned provider. More strangely, B is using 165hz monitor while A is using 240hz monitor at his house.
I'm pretty sure that I and A are experiencing the same issues, which includes sluggishness, constant input lag, and desync in nearly every shooter game.
This is yet another thing that proves EMI issues are really complicated and numerous causes are possible. I'm also planning to visit his house in the near future with my PC. And I'd really love to call electricians or some other professionals to know the exact differences between their houses, if I could get permission from their parents.
Last edited by omusubi0216 on 27 Aug 2022, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.

dervu

Re: My friend is performing much better at another friends'house

Post by dervu » 27 Aug 2022, 04:25

If you want prove, just tell him to take his PC to other place, or maybe I misunderstood and he did that?
If that doesn't work, then something is wrong with his PC.

Then you can take B friend PC to A friend's place to rule this out.

If B friend's PC does work worse at A place and A friend's PC doesn't work better at B friend's place, then maybe it has something to do with specific hardware being more sensitive to issues like that or PC in A might have been broken from this issue.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

lyar

Post by lyar » 27 Aug 2022, 04:54

omusubi0216 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 03:14
One of my VALORANT friends, A(constantly goes like 7-19 despite having enough knowledge and being pretty good at shooting bots) is visiting my another friend, B(who casually goes nuts and gets a lot of aces even though he doesn't do any kind of aim training and has very poor amount of knowledge) and playing from B's dad's computer.
A's saying that mouse movement feels much smoother and he's performing much better than usual. Watching him playing using screen sharing, his aim looks much better to me. For context, they live in the same city (they even used to go to the same school) and they both have same interned provider. More strangely, B's dad is using 165hz monitor while A is using 240hz monitor at his house.
I'm pretty sure that I and A are experiencing the same issues, which includes sluggishness, constant input lag, and desync in nearly every shooter game.
This is yet another thing that proves EMI issues are real and are caused by unknown things that are above our understanding, and I'm also planning to visit his house in the near future. I'd like to call electricians or some other professionals to know the differences between their houses, if I could get permission from their parents.
what city? i have this same issue and i'm from Vancouver BC

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 27 Aug 2022, 05:13

He is lucky enough to have a friend who doesn’t suffer from this issue, that can cut you a lot of time trying to figure out a solution, he can then easily take his pc to his friends house and see if the problem persists or not and if it doesnt, it’s not a hardware issue. I personally know no one in my whole country who is good at csgo (level 8+ on faceit) and I have been trying for so long to find someone good. I have learned the hard expensive way, by changing tons of stuff from ISP to hardware to location to trying 3-4 different net cafes, all to no avail.

omusubi0216

Post by omusubi0216 » 27 Aug 2022, 12:43

lyar wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 04:54
omusubi0216 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 03:14
One of my VALORANT friends, A(constantly goes like 7-19 despite having enough knowledge and being pretty good at shooting bots) is visiting my another friend, B(who casually goes nuts and gets a lot of aces even though he doesn't do any kind of aim training and has very poor amount of knowledge) and playing from B's dad's computer.
A's saying that mouse movement feels much smoother and he's performing much better than usual. Watching him playing using screen sharing, his aim looks much better to me. For context, they live in the same city (they even used to go to the same school) and they both have same interned provider. More strangely, B's dad is using 165hz monitor while A is using 240hz monitor at his house.
This is yet another thing that proves EMI issues are real and are caused by unknown things that are above our understanding, and I'm also planning to visit his house in the near future. I'd like to call electricians or some other professionals to know the differences between their houses, if I could get permission from their parents.
what city? i have this same issue and i'm from Vancouver BC
They live in Tokyo and I live in Aichi. Unfortunately, not many Japanese gamers are aware of and talking about this kind of issues.
Ironically, audio enthusiasts are way more keen of EMI issues than gamers.

assombrosso

Re: My friend is performing much better at another friend's house

Post by assombrosso » 28 Aug 2022, 10:00

Most people who know about this issue is Russians and Ukrainians

Heimz0r

Post by Heimz0r » 28 Aug 2022, 14:58

assombrosso wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 10:00
I have also heard about this thing many times in Germany. But most people don't know that it could be EMI.

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 28 Aug 2022, 17:24

Heimz0r wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 14:58
assombrosso wrote:
I have also heard about this thing many times in Germany. But most people don't know that it could be EMI.
Because Germany was one of the first countries in Europe that gave widespread access to the Internet and since then the infrastructure was not fully renovated. AFAIK in Russla and Ukralne there are offers with internet connection dedicated for gamers. In my country "for gamers" means low ping and then I am joining to lobby with 120 ping Russlan who destroys everybody around.

Good ISP is the one that provides stable data transmission without drops in any protocol and packets in correct order so you can sync with a server. Not like in my case when while having 5 ping and fortunately giving one tap the delay between shot and kill is like 200ms.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 29 Aug 2022, 06:15

a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 17:24
Heimz0r wrote:
assombrosso wrote:
Because Germany was one of the first countries in Europe that gave widespread access to the Internet and since then the infrastructure was not fully renovated. AFAIK in Russla and Ukralne there are offers with internet connection dedicated for gamers. In my country "for gamers" means low ping and then I am joining to lobby with 120 ping Russlan who destroys everybody around.

Good ISP is the one that provides stable data transmission without drops in any protocol and packets in correct order so you can sync with a server. Not like in my case when while having 5 ping and fortunately giving one tap the delay between shot and kill is like 200ms.

Yeah germany is fked up man, since we only have one provider, while the others are just reseller. im also looking to move out for a diffrent place and now some spots where the internet is good working there. on thursday im gonna visit a friend of mine and im 100% confident that he has good network.

Heimz0r

Post by Heimz0r » 29 Aug 2022, 12:20

Unreazz wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 06:15
a_c_r_e_a_l wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 17:24
Heimz0r wrote:
assombrosso wrote:

Yeah germany is fked up man, since we only have one provider, while the others are just reseller. im also looking to move out for a diffrent place and now some spots where the internet is good working there. on thursday im gonna visit a friend of mine and im 100% confident that he has good network.
It's not true that there is only one provider. I have fiber internet which is not from Telekom and also not using Telekom fiber lines. I don't think it's Internet related.