Any explanation?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
wadge

Re: Any explanation?

Post by wadge » 23 Sep 2022, 08:57

Well that says it all :
Computer power supplies are usually
designed to operate over a range of AC
input voltages. They produce a DC voltage
that is affected by the waveshape of the AC
waveform. Harmonic distortion has the
effect of actually reducing the computer
power supply's operating voltage. That
variation is compounded by the normal
variation of 10%. The end result is that the
computer supply may malfunction, hiccup
or fail to provide the required output logic
voltages, resulting in potential bit errors.
A further negative side effect of effectively
lowering the computers operating voltage
range is the reduction of "hold-up" time --
essential for the ability of the power supply
to "ride through" power sags (caused by
other equipment's start ups). The result is
more potential bit errors.
The simple fact is that the Harmonic
Distortion prevalent in the modern office
has a direct pathway to your customer's
computer power supplies and once there it
can cause data loss and other operating
errors.
source : https://esys.us/pdf/powerware/powerware_harmonics.pdf

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 23 Sep 2022, 09:47

wadge wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 08:57
Well that says it all :
errors.
So the ups can fix harmonics and our problem?

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 23 Sep 2022, 10:28

Patrykelele wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 09:47
wadge wrote:
23 Sep 2022, 08:57
Well that says it all :
errors.
So the ups can fix harmonics and our problem?

No for sure not they will go true

wadge

Post by wadge » 23 Sep 2022, 10:58

I couldn't find the paper there are refering to here (powerware was bought in 2004 by Eaton) :
The full discussion of harmonics and their
effects on the computer is available in a
Powerware white paper "Harmonics and
their Effect on Computer Loads".
Not sure with the ups maybe the most expensive one.. i bought a pure sinewave online ups and it didn't help for example.

But from what i read about Harmonics, the best would be an active harmonic filter (https://www.yiyen.com/product/yiy-activ ... gle-phase/)

Again we would need the help of an electrical engineer or something similar because electricity is so complex and the situation may vary from one guy to an other.
Just for example, an energy analyzer like the fluke 435 to mesure the harmonics is thousands of euros...

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 24 Sep 2022, 08:29

This hasn’t worked for me but what did was half inserting my headphone jack in the mobo and reducing sound. No joke, csgo becomes much smoother faster in everything, hit reg improvement, animation, weapon switching etc. I have tried this for 3 days now and I see the difference. Fully inserting headphone jack causes tremendous mouse heaviness and I can see visual gets laggy. I wonder who tho, perhaps headphones is acting like antenna and emitting it on the mobo? Faceit games are now 25+ with ease. Only downside is hearing distorted low sound all the time lol. Idk about you gets but give this a try. I’m absolutely amazed how well it works

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 24 Sep 2022, 09:31

assombrosso wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 08:29
This hasn’t worked for me but what did was half inserting my headphone jack in the mobo and reducing sound. No joke, csgo becomes much smoother faster in everything, hit reg improvement, animation, weapon switching etc. I have tried this for 3 days now and I see the difference. Fully inserting headphone jack causes tremendous mouse heaviness and I can see visual gets laggy. I wonder who tho, perhaps headphones is acting like antenna and emitting it on the mobo? Faceit games are now 25+ with ease. Only downside is hearing distorted low sound all the time lol. Idk about you gets but give this a try. I’m absolutely amazed how well it works
Can u make photo how it looks? I can't imagine how u did it

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 24 Sep 2022, 10:22

The pinnacle of our existence, needing an iron to play a video game. Hopefully we're a step closer..

For now, the iron users, please make sure you have the correct wire gauge to accompany the continuous increase of 2000-3000 Watts for longer durations. The standard wire gauge for bedrooms were either 15 or 16 AWG. 14 or 13 can be found for bedrooms that have AC units in them. A 14 AWG standard for example can sustain up to 3500watts on continuous usage with 220 volts, 3800watts on 240 volts and only 1700ish watts on 110 volts, it can take in higher of course but at the cost of generating more heat than what it was designed to sustain. The copper inside those wires will continue to carry whatever load is going through it until it breaks, or a breaker trips.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 25 Sep 2022, 07:07

One steel aday, keeps the lag away

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 25 Sep 2022, 17:05

Patrykelele wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 09:31
assombrosso wrote:
24 Sep 2022, 08:29
Can u make photo how it looks? I can't imagine how u did it
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... g&usqp=CAU

So this is the headphone jack (if you have usb headset, it wouldn’t work). Try to insert it in the motherboard headphone port but not fully insert, insert it as less as the minimum amount for the pc to recognise it. So for example, do you see the three parts shown in the above pic, T, R, S? Only insert the T and keep R, S out, just play with it until it recognised In the pc. While playing csgo, as weird as this might sound, the less volume, the smoother the mouse/game/laggy feeling, so reduce the sound. Keep trying this until you see something. This may be the case for my pc, might not work for you cuz u might have a different reason. Also while trying this, unplug all usb stuff apart from mouse + keyboard.

JDoe

Post by JDoe » 13 Nov 2022, 04:40

wadge wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 10:05

Guys, try to unplug your psu power cable and then press the power button of your pc for 20sec or so (to unload all residual current) then replug the power cable and start a game.

For me it works everytime, the first game after doing this feel smooth and everything register but it quickly deterior...
I've tested it and it probably works. Before the test, I got 92 kills on moving bots on Aim Botz map in two minutes and after the test, I got 108. Usually, I can't achieve more than 100 kills. Also, mouse movement has changed. It feels like the sensitivity got lower and the crosshair slightly lags before my hand movement but not in a bad way like when you have noticeable input lag. It almost feels like a negative acceleration. When the mouse behaves in such a way you can easily stop the crosshair right on the enemy's head. Usually, I can't. It's always a little bit further or a little bit behind the enemy, so I have to constantly micro-correct my aim. Crosshair is floating around the enemy's head and I have to struggle with it.
Also, sound quality somehow has improved. I wasn't expecting that at all and was really surprised when noticed it.