The real reason why so many Eastern Europeans have input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: The real reason why so many Eastern Europeans have input lag

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Nov 2022, 17:52

It's a shame that many Eastern Europe countries is producing massively more interference -- so these issues are much more common there.

Although most of our readers hail from countries with (relatively) cleaner electricity systems, it certainly appears much more common with buildings containing former-soviet wiring systems.

It's much rarer here on this side, to the point where even 3ms lag differences produce noticeable effects
(The Amazing Human Visible Feats Of The Millisecond)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 21 Nov 2022, 05:48

Chief Blur Buster wrote: ↑
18 Nov 2022, 17:52
It's a shame that many Eastern Europe countries is producing massively more interference -- so these issues are much more common there.

Although most of our readers hail from countries with (relatively) cleaner electricity systems, it certainly appears much more common with buildings containing former-soviet wiring systems.

It's much rarer here on this side, to the point where even 3ms lag differences produce noticeable effects
People are amazing creatures and we should be able to adapt to all small changes what people are describe there 3 ms 20 ms doesnt matter
you should be able to adapt
question is why we are not able to

weer

Post by weer » 23 Nov 2022, 00:24

Unixko wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2022, 05:48

People are amazing creatures and we should be able to adapt to all small changes what people are describe there 3 ms 20 ms doesnt matter
Because the delay is unstable. I would prefer a large constant delay than a small dynamic one. https://youtu.be/HlkhhMxmNu8

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 23 Nov 2022, 18:01

weer wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2022, 00:24
Unixko wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2022, 05:48

Because the delay is unstable. I would prefer a large constant delay than a small dynamic one. https://youtu.be/HlkhhMxmNu8
delay is in ms is prety much same thats not a problem you cant even prove that this delay is changing
what is problem is low frequency magnetic field which you generate by youself
low frequency are all this microadjusment and microstrafe which you cant do
then others frequency which can affect others aspect of the games which is first hits on the enemy how smooth game is etc etc

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 26 Nov 2022, 16:28

I got this
https://shop.atoselektro.cz/stabilizato ... 93293.html

it filter spikes and other stuf outputing 225V constantly, testing it 1 week and there is for sure improvement - inside this machine is toroid transformartor-

There is big improvement in mouse feel on desktop
When i plug that think 800DPI on mouse feel too much so has to go on 600DPI
Shots register way more
Testing on CS Go only and mouse tester input lag seams to creaping back slowly but i am wondering what will happend when i buy one more think like that and connect them in paralel...

Since optical HDMI this is bigest improvement for me

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 04 Jan 2023, 03:41

Part 2: The results
Attachments
ELECTRIC FIELD
ELECTRIC FIELD
Electric.jpg (463.17 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
MAGNETIC FIELD
MAGNETIC FIELD
magpic.jpg (122.59 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
EMI
EMI
emipic.jpg (122.79 KiB) Viewed 2424 times

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 04 Jan 2023, 03:43

To be continued...
Attachments
Neutral-to-Ground-Voltage-Causes-and-Cures-White-Paper-202.pdf
Extra notes
(616.72 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
computersTNC.pdf
Extra notes
(174.44 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
VOLTAGE
VOLTAGE
Voltage.jpg (342.47 KiB) Viewed 2424 times

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 04 Jan 2023, 03:52

Part 2 The results continues:

Explanation of the pictures:

Electric fields: Input 941 V/m, output 537 V/m. Electric fields cancel each other = 0 V/m in theory, but not in practice. Yet it is much lower, because they somewhat cancel each other fields.

Magnetic fields: Magnetic field 23.7 milliGauss and a further way 10.6 milliGauss. Low magnetic fields, but still I do not put this near my computer, power strip or me.

EMI: Input 1640 mV and output 1593 mV picture. Not much effect on EMI (3kHz-10 MHz). I have only this EMI noise meter. To get more accurate status you would need to have an oscilloscope, to see what changes and how much.

Voltage: 115.2V, very good! Balanced power creates 2 hot wires. The balanced power aspect does not work if it is not nearly perfectly balanced voltages. 115.2V-0-115.2V = 230.4 voltage

To be continued...

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 04 Jan 2023, 05:45

Part 2 The results continues:

Normal safety isolation transformer isolates the hot and neutral. The ground must not be isolated according to electrical regulations. This creates a major safety hazard! Do not try it! Some (even some balanced ones ) audio power conditioners have ground lift switches. This is the only safe way to do it, that I know of. But they are very very expensive.

Why did I buy a balanced isolation transformer and not a normal safety isolation transformer?

3 reasons:

-Balanced power improves power factor, which is one aspect of power quality.
-Center tapper earth (0V), reference ground. Very important for sensitive equipment like computers, which need a clean and quiet ground.
-Removes grounding currents

This unit does also have electrostatic shield for transients spike protection (elevators, air conditioners, a refrigerators, etc.)
Power factor improvement is only achieved with balanced power. The power factor Indicates the degree that current and voltage are in phase to each other. 1 to 1 is the optimum. You can google power factor improvement if you find better solutions, but this is the one I found, it's the easiest and cheapest way to implement.

If you want to try balanced isolation transformers, don't just blindly go and buy balanced isolation transformers. First you need to make sure you have electrical input lag. Most of the time, the cause of the input lag is the hardware, the internet or the program itself.

Tests to verify your input lag:

1. Offline too (Ethernet cable out), on desktop.
2. Outlet. Different outlet?
3. Time varying input lag? If yes, then high likely cause is electricity.
4. Test with resistive load device. like incandescent lightning or clothing iron/heating element. You can plug incandescent lightning to power strip. Do not plug clothing iron/heating element to power strip. It might overload the power strip (max 10 amps). Add it to the same circuit.
If you get improvement with this, then you most likely the input lag is caused by electricity.

https://www.theelectricalguy.in/tutoria ... tive-load/

Resistive load

When you add incandescent lightning or clothing iron/heating element to the circuit, it improves power factor.

Conclusion:

The balanced isolation transformer did fix my problems. No more vibration or hum. Noise (EMI) is still high in wires, though. I will most likely change the EMI/RFI filter. It can be changed to a better one if desired, just a new part. But overall I am satisfied with the product.

I still use compensating resistive load (incandescent lamp 60 W) on power strip after the balanced power supply.

I did a test with a game to see if balanced power improves performance of computer, while gaming.
Test games were Elden Ring and Elite Dangerous. I don't play fps games.

I noticed that my computer was a bit quieter. I didn't notice any picture improvements.

I wish I could verify if this works for electrical input lag but I can't because I don't have it yet.
I can only give advice on what I think could solve the electrical input lag.

dervu

Post by dervu » 04 Jan 2023, 06:22

I will add one more tip. To be on safe side use DC blocker at transformer input, either external one or ask for built in one. It will get rid of buzz and make sure it is performing without saturation. Unless there is no DC present at all on grid and there is no transformer buzz.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor