The real reason why so many Eastern Europeans have input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
cybepine

Re: The real reason why so many Eastern Europeans have input lag

Post by cybepine » 13 Nov 2022, 12:19

Update:

Some tweaks could be done to my panel. Now there is 2 neutral and 2 earth wires on same wire nut. These should be separated. The "bridge" (MEN) connection should be done from one end to another and not from middle to middle.

Now to what electrical engineer said:

There could be done some tweaks at the main panel to balance the currents (but not possible to fully balance). 1 input and 2 outputs (neutral wire (PEN) and ground wire), where as in TN-C-S you have 1 to 1. To completely fix my problem, the electrical system needs to be changed from TN-C to TN-C-S. TN-C was banned in my country 1989 and after 2007 it is technically illegal. MEN system is also in use New Zealand and Australia.

The landlord most likely won't upgrade to TN-C-S. We will see.

I have line noise meter (3 kHz -10 MHz) and it is over the measuring range here (over 2000 mV). I live in 3 three-story apartment building, no elevator.

So I bought an isolation transformer or more precisely a conditioning balanced power supply transformer. I had to calculate the exact power consumption. PC (750W) + monitor (45W) + 5.1 surround system (320W) = total 1115 W. These are maximum values. I had to buy 1500 VA model, for a bit of headroom (for the future). These cost like 400 euros.

If you want more reading about balanced power:
https://positive-feedback.com/Issue4/eq ... erview.htm

I will update results later.
Attachments
MEN-system
MEN-system
7454dad7ea54ec961b562454a016a9b2.jpg (261.54 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
Balanced power supply
Balanced power supply
2700_photo1_Schuko2.jpg (48.04 KiB) Viewed 2602 times
Last edited by cybepine on 13 Nov 2022, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 13 Nov 2022, 12:44

cybepine wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 12:19
Update:

Some tweaks could be done to my panel. Now there is 2 neutral and 2 earth wires on same wire nut. These should be separated. The "bridge" (MEN) connection should be done from one end to another and not from middle to middle.

There could be done some tweaks at the main panel to balance the currents (but not possible to fully balance). 1 input and 2 outputs (neutral wire (PEN) and ground wire), where as in TN-C-S you have 1 to 1. To completely fix my problem, the electrical system needs to be changed from TN-C to TN-C-S. TN-C was banned in my country 1989 and after 2007 it is technically illegal. MEN system is also in use New Zealand and Australia.

I have line noise meter (3 kHz -10 MHz) and it is over the measuring range here (over 2000 mV).

So I bought an isolation transformer or more precisely a balanced power supply transformer. I had to calculate the exact power consumption. PC (750W) + monitor (45W) + 5.1 surround system (320W) = total 1115 W. These are maximum values. I had to buy 1500 VA model, for a bit of headroom (for the future). These cost like 400 euros.

How the game feel with that isolated transformer…? I was talking to elctric engeneers and they recomeded me same thing but less powerfull they say something like 800VA. (there is no way my PC go above 500W) This thing weight 13kg and should be mounted where the fuse are so thats why i skip this isolated transformer so how it went for you did it help?

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 13 Nov 2022, 13:09

MegaMelmek wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 12:44
cybepine wrote:
Update:

I have line noise meter (3 kHz -10 MHz) and it is over the measuring range here (over 2000 mV).

So I bought an isolation transformer or more precisely a balanced power supply transformer. I had to calculate the exact power consumption. PC (750W) + monitor (45W) + 5.1 surround system (320W) = total 1115 W. These are maximum values. I had to buy 1500 VA model, for a bit of headroom (for the future). These cost like 400 euros.

How the game feel with that isolated transformer…? I was talking to elctric engeneers and they recomeded me same thing but less powerfull they say something like 800VA. (there is no way my PC go above 500W) This thing weight 13kg and should be mounted where the fuse are so thats why i skip this isolated transformer so how it went for you did it help?
I don't have it yet. I'll post the results here when I get it. This weights 11 kg. No need to change anything just plug to grounded outlet (And making sure not plug anything that is over the limit to the unit).

You have to calculate power consumption from all the things you intend connect to it. You can use power strips, just connect the things to that only.

But I don't have input lag in the first place. I have vibration from magnetic fields and noise in wires.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 13 Nov 2022, 15:19

But I don't have input lag in the first place. I have vibration from magnetic fields and noise in wires.

How do you describe this? Like pls more detail does that effect PC

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 13 Nov 2022, 15:31

Isolation transformer with 1:1 ratio between primary and secondary windings is much more promising than online UPS. In brief it causes that current from your mains is "wirelessly" transfered to secondary winding and in theory should that trick should prevent you from any dirty electricity.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 15 Nov 2022, 16:23

Anonymous768119 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 15:31
Isolation transformer with 1:1 ratio between primary and secondary windings is much more promising than online UPS. In brief it causes that current from your mains is "wirelessly" transfered to secondary winding and in theory should that trick should prevent you from any dirty electricity.
Okay, great info. Can you please tell me if a balanced toroidal transformer aligns a sinusoid?
It happens that there is a sinusoid curve in the electrical network and it causes an input lag.
af2adad8e1fc8a838e61e6f14e95542247326832.jpeg
af2adad8e1fc8a838e61e6f14e95542247326832.jpeg (615.22 KiB) Viewed 2373 times

Anonymous768119

Post by Anonymous768119 » 15 Nov 2022, 17:40

F1zus wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 16:23
Anonymous768119 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 15:31
Okay, great info. Can you please tell me if a balanced toroidal transformer aligns a sinusoid?
It happens that there is a sinusoid curve in the electrical network and it causes an input lag.
af2adad8e1fc8a838e61e6f14e95542247326832.jpeg
A good switched-mode power supply has electronic systems that should eliminate the harmonics to some extent so I don't know as long as you will not check the signal behind PSU or track any rectangular signals (those responsible for all 0 and 1) for interference. You can measure interference in your mains but it can be eliminated or not depending on the nature of interference (frequency, power, amplitude etc.). The question is what do you need to eliminate it. In some cases only ferrite clams can be enough, for some solar panels.

BTW toroidal transformer is basically isolation transformer (but with 1:1 ratio). The problem is, that this type of transformers designed for lets say 300VA and more have high starting current so you need soft start system.

wadge

Post by wadge » 16 Nov 2022, 11:12

cybepine wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 13:09
MegaMelmek wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 12:44
cybepine wrote:
Update:

I don't have it yet. I'll post the results here when I get it. This weights 11 kg. No need to change anything just plug to grounded outlet (And making sure not plug anything that is over the limit to the unit).

You have to calculate power consumption from all the things you intend connect to it. You can use power strips, just connect the things to that only.

Which one did you bought ? there is different types on theire website, Standard Balanced Power Supply and Conditioning Balanced Power Supply...

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 17 Nov 2022, 03:27

Like I said when I turn on my oven my PC starts to vibrate, I have quite loud hum from sub-woofer, noise. These all will definitely affect the performance of my PC. No problems with mouse or typing.

The root of the problem is TN-C. Neutral and earth wire should be separate, but you can't do it with TN-C. Now there is all kinds of different "trash" and "objectionable currents" on earth wire. TN-C was not designed for sensitive equipment.
Which one did you bought ? there is different types on theire website, Standard Balanced Power Supply and Conditioning Balanced Power Supply...
Conditioning Balanced Power Supply. It includes RFI/EMI filter.
Attachments
CowsIsolationTransformer.pdf
Very interesting research paper, about cows, EMF and milk production
(930.54 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

wadge

Post by wadge » 18 Nov 2022, 10:05

cybepine wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 03:27

Like I said when I turn on my oven my PC starts to vibrate, I have quite loud hum from sub-woofer, noise. These all will definitely affect the performance of my PC. No problems with mouse or typing.

The root of the problem is TN-C. Neutral and earth wire should be separate, but you can't do it with TN-C. Now there is all kinds of different "trash" and "objectionable currents" on earth wire. TN-C was not designed for sensitive equipment.
Conditioning Balanced Power Supply. It includes RFI/EMI filter.
Are you also experiencing desync, ennemies seeing you before or your issue is only related to bad input from mouse/kb ?

Let us know if the conditionner helped