It's not electricity, or hidden network lag, or unicorn farts

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
BumFlannel

It's not electricity, or hidden network lag, or unicorn farts

Post by BumFlannel » 23 Nov 2022, 22:48

I've been living with this for 7 years.....

It is not EMI and it is not a networking problem.

You need to be focusing your blames elsewhere. On the developers themselves.

You are in a tiny bubble, just like me.....the top few percent in reaction time and aim. Every single person that complains about this problem knows his ability yet can't execute it.

I have spent 7 years researching this, i have gotten so in depth that i indirectly got valve sued by my ISP.

I have lived in multiple properties, had multiple Isps over multiple technologies. I know electricity isn't the problem and you are on a wild goose chase. I know exactly where the problem is.

The only common variable left for me, is me, myself. My accounts, whether it be cs:go, cod or whatever. Make a new account everything is amazing for a little while, sometimes not though.

Maybe i get the benefit of the doubt for a little while after creating a new account, but the problem always comes back. This shows it is not a hardware a problem. And even on new accounts there are problems with game mechanics unless I go out of my way to actually create a new account on a brand new connection with brand new hardware with no way to link to my old account which isn't realistic for anyone really.

When I do that, the problem still comes back eventually...and I will tell you why. You are just too good at the game......You are being artificially forced into a 1kd ratio to make everything mediocre for you/fun for everyone else and it removes that god feel that is a renowned feeling to a good player.

It's not EMI, it's not your hardware, what is happening is fraud from the developers fight that, not yourself or unicorns.

MegaMelmek

Re: It's not electricity, or hidden network lag, or unicorn farts

Post by MegaMelmek » 24 Nov 2022, 05:58

In my view this is the last possible options… interesting how ppl had diferent point of view.

dervu

Post by dervu » 24 Nov 2022, 06:37

I like posts like that with so much explanation and describing problem in details. /s
Nothing good will come out of calling some issue "this" and leaving that for every reader to assume what you are talking about exactly. That will lead to total mess in this forum.
It is like talking to police explaining the same thing over and over again, but it is necessary.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

weer

Post by weer » 24 Nov 2022, 08:08

This cannot be a problem on the part of developers, BIOS or software, because it has already been found out many times that input lag is also present on the desktop, depending on the time of day and on the place where the computer is connected. It also affects other digital devices: smartphones, smart TVs.
The problem is that this problem requires the systematization of knowledge and results so that people do not talk about the same things 100 times.

BumFlannel

Post by BumFlannel » 24 Nov 2022, 14:19

If the problem really was EMI/electricity issues there would be more than just visual problems and the feeling of something being wrong. You would be able to detect real numbers of latency on your system, or you would see erratic voltages, clockspeeds, etc. Error correction on modern hardware is really good but it isn't some kind of voodoo that can correct errors and somehow hide the latency that it inherently causes. Any form of data re-transmission would cause detectable latency. There would be all kinds of detectable symptoms. EMI/Electricity problems can't just magically create humanly perceptible symptoms without there being some measurable form of data when diagnosing your system. For you to be able to feel and see the latency then there has to actually be latency and that is 100% detectable and provable unless the problem is solely to do with your display or other external output device.

It's the same when people come along saying the problem is a network issue, it's bad routing, congestion, traffic shaping, etc. If any of these things were the problem you would see bad traffic flow - out of order packets, packet loss, and jitter. If you don't see any of these issues then how on earth can it be a networking problem? You can view your packets in wire shark for your game, look at the deltas. If there was something going on with the flow of the data between you and the server you would see erratic deltas at the very least. If something was going on with the data between you and the server it would be 100% detectable.

As for something like a mouse becoming "infected" and it transferring the problem to other machines..........how exactly is this supposed to work? These are incredibly low powered devices that at most might hold a little bit of static charge when unplugged. How would this completely destroy a whole new system?

Unixko

Post by Unixko » 24 Nov 2022, 14:32

BumFlannel wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 22:48
I've been living with this for 7 years.....

It is not EMI and it is not a networking problem.

You need to be focusing your blames elsewhere. On the developers themselves.

You are in a tiny bubble, just like me.....the top few percent in reaction time and aim. Every single person that complains about this problem knows his ability yet can't execute it.

I have spent 7 years researching this, i have gotten so in depth that i indirectly got valve sued by my ISP.

I have lived in multiple properties, had multiple Isps over multiple technologies. I know electricity isn't the problem and you are on a wild goose chase. I know exactly where the problem is.

The only common variable left for me, is me, myself. My accounts, whether it be cs:go, cod or whatever. Make a new account everything is amazing for a little while, sometimes not though.

Maybe i get the benefit of the doubt for a little while after creating a new account, but the problem always comes back. This shows it is not a hardware a problem. And even on new accounts there are problems with game mechanics unless I go out of my way to actually create a new account on a brand new connection with brand new hardware with no way to link to my old account which isn't realistic for anyone really.

When I do that, the problem still comes back eventually...and I will tell you why. You are just too good at the game......You are being artificially forced into a 1kd ratio to make everything mediocre for you/fun for everyone else and it removes that god feel that is a renowned feeling to a good player.

It's not EMI, it's not your hardware, what is happening is fraud from the developers fight that, not yourself or unicorns.
finally you realize that problem is you
yourself nothing more then that

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 24 Nov 2022, 15:33

You are talking about EOMM - Engagement Optimized Matchmaking. This is patented and used in games like Apex Legends, Valorant, COD. Yes, developers create artificial lag for players, but that is not the core of the problem, because the lag that we have exists offline and desktop.

F1zus

Post by F1zus » 24 Nov 2022, 19:21

The problem is 70% dirty electricity.
20% Windows problems, BIOS settings.
10% possible EMI problems (very rare).
Just think about why a mouse seems slow during the day, but at night it flies like on ice?
Why, when I bring my computer to a friend's house, does the mouse fly like it's on ice, regardless of the time of day?
I and other guys have already studied a lot of information on the topic of input lag and came to an unequivocal conclusion - the main problem is dirty electricity.
Dirty electricity enters the power supply and disrupts its operation. This is the main problem.
The same thing happens with the monitor. Dirty electricity seeps into the monitor's power supply and slows it down.
You ask how it disrupts the operation of the power supply, because the power is pulsed?
There are several options.
So far, my friends and I have come close to answering this question.
Now we are testing certain hardware for the computer and already 2 people said that they completely got rid of the input lag.
They simply connected certain equipment to their computer and got rid of the input lag.
Within 1-2 months we will fully test our equipment and I will tell you what it is.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 24 Nov 2022, 21:51

I think you might be right for sure because YES I personally tried mutiple accounts on my pc, same settings nothing changed, first hours-days flawless as ever then it becomes shit again without any single change. Yes for some people it is electricity (rare) but for most, it’s account/IP related I would say. There is no fix apart from paying to buy an old good account and Playing with it in a verified location that has no lag.

nyxo100

Post by nyxo100 » 24 Nov 2022, 22:16

I would believe you if my insane input lag only remain in my gaming sessions but in my case the input lag is so noticeable even desktop feels like a shit at day btw magically i can play amazing at 3AM and magically at night my desktop feels smooth and when i play in that time i destroy every single lobby several times they accused me of hacking but in the day making a good play is impossible to me.