This fixes the electrical input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
texre

Re: This fixes the electrical input lag

Post by texre » 21 Dec 2022, 16:02

MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 12:09
texre wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 11:42
It’s power related you guys I’ve literally tested my pc at so many places and some are really good some okay then mine is terrible. No tweak will fix your issue it’s not a pc issue it’s literally all power related once everybody realizes this maybe the faster we can fix. Now my only thing is my house infected or is it my whole community that has terrible power.
I’m from USA and I live in a regular house

Where you from what and type of bulding you live in?

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Dec 2022, 16:47

texre wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 16:02
MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 12:09
texre wrote:
21 Dec 2022, 11:42
It’s power related you guys I’ve literally tested my pc at so many places and some are really good some okay then mine is terrible. No tweak will fix your issue it’s not a pc issue it’s literally all power related once everybody realizes this maybe the faster we can fix. Now my only thing is my house infected or is it my whole community that has terrible power.
I’m from USA and I live in a regular house

Where you from what and type of bulding you live in?
EU -Czech Republic - small city 30K population - building with 24 apartments, do you live far from centrum? Do you have try petrol agregator?

texre

Post by texre » 21 Dec 2022, 17:27

I like in a populated city 300k + have I tried gas generator? No it’s to loud for the neighborhood to use consistently.

dervu

Post by dervu » 26 Dec 2022, 17:21

For everyone trying out balanced transformer.
To make sure it works correctly you have to be sure that conditions it works in are good.
Toroidal transformers that are used in balanced power supplies are saturating very easily with even smallest amount of DC present in grid, then causing sinewave distortion or other unwanted behavior.
https://sound-au.com/articles/xfmr-dc.htm

If there is buzz/hum it is evidence that there is DC present (if you rule out voltage higher than transformer is supposed to work at)
Simple DC blocker before balanced transformer will get rid of that.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 02 Jan 2023, 06:01

But everybody here talks about bad electricity as the issue. But some people thousands of dollars or euros to condition their house electricity by using all sorts of gadgets and by test make their electricity as pure as HOLY WATER! And the issue is still present, my question for you guys is, are we looking at the right thing? :idea:

texre

Post by texre » 02 Jan 2023, 15:05

For the last 3 days my game has been running great on grid because I plugged an outlet tester in my outlet. This isn’t a hoax it’s electricity related. Btw I have an open neutral from the outlet tester. I looked it up and open neutrals are known to mess with electronics. So I tested more without outlet tester I get prefired shot around walls blah blah. With it in I feel like im able to play the game regularly again and I even feel like i can play stupid and still win. As before I had to play super smart and if I made one mistake it’s over. And the only reason im speaking about the outlet tester so soon is because this guy thinks we are crazy. but either way… why tf is an outlet tester making my game run better ?????? Chief blur buster any reason why or anybody ???

dervu

Post by dervu » 02 Jan 2023, 15:37

I bet on ESD considering everything I have seen so far.

Only non direct connection (galvanic isolation) makes it work - only with good electrostatic shielding, which main purpose is not shielding from ESD, but it also protects from it. If it protects completely or not it will be known soon when it fails or not after prolonged time.

If ESD does not go to ground for whatever reason, then it has to go somewhere and what will not discharge in cables, will discharge at hardware bypassing any filter and causing intereference. Someone mentioned to me that there are some scientific articles showing that small enough ESD will not go straight to ground.

There are some parts in some filters that can protect from ESD, but they seem to have limited usage, up to some discharges. I guess they think it is rare in normal conditions.
It would probably need more investigating, like getting ESD gun and trying to reproduce this issue by continuously using it? Measure ESD in cables? Are there even any tools for that?

Some people reported that their hardware was damaged and would not even work as it should in fixed place.
Except high harmonics (which would be easy to find and make power company fix it) what else is there that could cause damage?
ESD

Listen to this guy. He tells even small ones, that people can't see can cause damage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1TGauIH4xE

This is my take on that. I am not scientist, so it needs some confirmation with someone working with such things.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 02 Jan 2023, 16:11

texre wrote:
02 Jan 2023, 15:05
For the last 3 days my game has been running great on grid because I plugged an outlet tester in my outlet. This isn’t a hoax it’s electricity related. Btw I have an open neutral from the outlet tester. I looked it up and open neutrals are known to mess with electronics. So I tested more without outlet tester I get prefired shot around walls blah blah. With it in I feel like im able to play the game regularly again and I even feel like i can play stupid and still win. As before I had to play super smart and if I made one mistake it’s over. And the only reason im speaking about the outlet tester so soon is because this guy thinks we are crazy. but either way… why tf is an outlet tester making my game run better ?????? Chief blur buster any reason why or anybody ???
Link to particular tester please.

texre

Post by texre » 02 Jan 2023, 16:51

Shade7 wrote:
02 Jan 2023, 16:11
texre wrote:
Got it from Home Depot years ago for like $5

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 03 Jan 2023, 11:10

texre wrote:
02 Jan 2023, 16:51
Shade7 wrote:
02 Jan 2023, 16:11
texre wrote:
Got it from Home Depot years ago for like $5
Do you have a picture of it? You leave the tester plugged while you gaming?