This fixes the electrical input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Sqnax17

Re: This fixes the electrical input lag

Post by Sqnax17 » 14 Dec 2022, 17:51

dervu wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 17:43
There is something that toroidal transformers don't like, DC component. If you can hear it buzzing, then it means there is some DC. Then performance drops. I do not know if performance drop is high enough to cause any issues, maybe if someone bought low VA and is borderline enough?
Another thing worth considering is if nothing is going through ground cable, since it is the only cable having direct connection in balanced toroidal transformer. Myself I decided to work with ungrounded, if it fails at least I will know whatever was causing it, went through live or neutral that completely goes through transformer.
Is your transformer working as it should? 0 inputlag? or are there still traces of lag?

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 15 Dec 2022, 02:48

dervu wrote:
There is something that toroidal transformers don't like, DC component. If you can hear it buzzing, then it means there is some DC. Then performance drops. I do not know if performance drop is high enough to cause any issues, maybe if someone bought low VA and is borderline enough?
Another thing worth considering is if nothing is going through ground cable, since it is the only cable having direct connection in balanced toroidal transformer. Myself I decided to work with ungrounded, if it fails at least I will know whatever was causing it, went through live or neutral that completely goes through transformer.
DO NOT remove ground. I am warning you. Major safety hazard!. And no one should buy "technical" transformers.
I repeat do not do this!

Floating grounds can be dangerous if they are caused by failure to properly ground equipment that was designed to require grounding, because the chassis can be at a very different potential from that of any nearby organisms, who then get an electric shock upon touching it. Live chassis TVs, where the set's ground is derived by rectifying live mains, were common until the 1990s.

Exposed live grounds are dangerous. They are live, and can electrocute end users if touched. Headphone sockets fitted by end users to live chassis TVs are especially dangerous, as not only are they often live, but any electrical shock will pass through the user’s head. Sets that have both a headphone socket and a live chassis use an audio isolation transformer to make the arrangement safe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_ground

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 15 Dec 2022, 04:06

cybepine wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 02:48
dervu wrote:
DO NOT remove ground. I am warning you. Major safety hazard!. And no one should buy "technical" transformers.
I repeat do not do this!

Floating grounds can be dangerous if they are caused by failure to properly ground equipment that was designed to require grounding, because the chassis can be at a very different potential from that of any nearby organisms, who then get an electric shock upon touching it. Live chassis TVs, where the set's ground is derived by rectifying live mains, were common until the 1990s.

Exposed live grounds are dangerous. They are live, and can electrocute end users if touched. Headphone sockets fitted by end users to live chassis TVs are especially dangerous, as not only are they often live, but any electrical shock will pass through the user’s head. Sets that have both a headphone socket and a live chassis use an audio isolation transformer to make the arrangement safe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating_ground
you said you have a theroidal isolation transformer, did you test it? did you solve the problem with inputag?

akylen

Post by akylen » 17 Dec 2022, 08:25

So is it still ok with the transformer after 5 days?

Sqnax17

Post by Sqnax17 » 17 Dec 2022, 09:01

akylen wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 08:25
they never come back to report the results...

dervu

Post by dervu » 17 Dec 2022, 09:40

Sqnax17 wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 09:01
akylen wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 08:25
they never come back to report the results...
Because it is pointless. Everyone with some experience with this issue will tell you it can take some time to tell if something works.
5 days is nothing. It is fixed for me 6th day btw. You need weeks/couple of months to rule out things.

For instance, we have balanced transformer, it works and then stops working, but the thing causing this issue is temporarily off, so you still think it is helping, but you don't even know why.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

texre

Post by texre » 17 Dec 2022, 10:28

It works just like a battery if you leave it alone and let the bad energy out it works good again.

Astro

Post by Astro » 18 Dec 2022, 10:50

texre wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 10:28
It works just like a battery if you leave it alone and let the bad energy out it works good again.
Can you describe your experience without input lag? like how big is the difference?

texre

Post by texre » 18 Dec 2022, 15:25

Once you play with it, then playing with your electricity it pisses you off even more lol. I’m literally just going to have to move I feel like that’s the only solution long term. Unless you have a massive solar system that can run all day long

delve

Post by delve » 18 Dec 2022, 15:39

get a double conversion online ups with pure sine and charge your batteries / power station with it.