1 and million fix or potential fix for everybody. [POTENTIAL fix. No guarantees.]

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
texre

Re: 1 and million fix or potential fix for everybody.

Post by texre » 26 Jan 2023, 18:06

Amaterasu-dA-KinG wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 10:45
texre wrote:
18 Jan 2023, 13:40
Hey as you guys know I have been looking for a on grid fix as I have found off grid fix already. It’s an outlet tester all I did was plug it into one of my outlets that had an open neutral and boom no more prefires or insta peeking hit reg is normal I’ve been dropping 20 bombs everyday now and I can play the game normally like off grid. I don’t know if this will help anybody else but me but yeah somehow someway it’s helped me. I’m a fortnite player. I loaded up csgo death match free for all most kills I ever got in that was 25. I now drop 80+ kills each death match. The only thing that I can say that isn’t fixed is the distortion of the monitor still not that 240hz look but feels snappy and you’re not gonna die in the craziest ways anymore. It’s very inexpensive to see if it might help you or not only cost me $5. I’m from California usa so we have different outlet testers then eu which Ik most of you guys are in. Can someone test this out and see if it helps you guys like it’s helped me.
So you just plugged this in a outleg plug and your pc cable next to it?
It’s plugged downstairs in a complete separate circuit from where I play. I still have no clue how this is helping

texre

Post by texre » 26 Jan 2023, 18:12

Shade7 wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 04:12
Please keep us updated, if this continues to work. Very interesting.

Sounds crazy at first, but the explanation given in the post above me makes sense (atleast to someone with no electrical experience, like myself)

I purchased a similar tester from Amazon last year. It looked extremely similar to the one you have. But from some no-name seller

Tested the outlets that I use for my PC/Monitor and it didn't show any issues present. Tested some other outlets in the next room over, and then the device suddenly stopped working (completely dead, no more LED indicators lighting up on it). Not sure what happened, but didn't expect much from it anyways, since it was very cheap (under $10).

Might try purchasing a higher quality one or hunting down the same model that you have- if they still have them available anywhere.

Few questions:
1. Can you post the back (under-side) of the device. I want to see if there is any identifying text.

2. Which outlet did you end up plugging/leaving this device in? Is it in the same room as your PC?

3. Do any of your other outlets have the same problem as the one the device is in right now (same open neutral LED).

4. Can you try to measure/record any sort of electrical change in your PC components (through HWINFO64)?: clock speeds, voltages, changing values, stability.
Sorry just now seen this shade. It is still working. It’s downstairs in my living room plugged up. I play upstairs in my bedroom. I can test with hwinfo64 when I get home I just didn’t want to do all the extra stuff because I thought maybe placebo but idk it’s still good for me. So I will test at home. I have multiple open neutral on different circuit. Power in my house is very messed up. I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with a certain outlet tester because this one was bought years ago for less than $5 so I doubt a higher quality one will work. I feel like this method will only help people with open neutrals

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 26 Jan 2023, 18:29

texre wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 18:12
Shade7 wrote:

Sounds crazy at first, but the explanation given in the post above me makes sense (atleast to someone with no electrical experience, like myself)

I purchased a similar tester from Amazon last year. It looked extremely similar to the one you have. But from some no-name seller

Tested the outlets that I use for my PC/Monitor and it didn't show any issues present. Tested some other outlets in the next room over, and then the device suddenly stopped working (completely dead, no more LED indicators lighting up on it). Not sure what happened, but didn't expect much from it anyways, since it was very cheap (under $10).

Might try purchasing a higher quality one or hunting down the same model that you have- if they still have them available anywhere.

Few questions:
1. Can you post the back (under-side) of the device. I want to see if there is any identifying text.

2. Which outlet did you end up plugging/leaving this device in? Is it in the same room as your PC?

3. Do any of your other outlets have the same problem as the one the device is in right now (same open neutral LED).

4. Can you try to measure/record any sort of electrical change in your PC components (through HWINFO64)?: clock speeds, voltages, changing values, stability.
Sorry just now seen this shade. It is still working. It’s downstairs in my living room plugged up. I play upstairs in my bedroom. I can test with hwinfo64 when I get home I just didn’t want to do all the extra stuff because I thought maybe placebo but idk it’s still good for me. So I will test at home. I have multiple open neutral on different circuit. Power in my house is very messed up. I honestly don’t think it has anything to do with a certain outlet tester because this one was bought years ago for less than $5 so I doubt a higher quality one will work. I feel like this method will only help people with open neutrals
Do you have only one tester atm?

texre

Post by texre » 26 Jan 2023, 18:41

InputLagger wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 18:29
texre wrote:
Shade7 wrote:

Few questions:

Do you have only one tester atm?
Tried another it made the prefires and fast player movement come back

akylen

Post by akylen » 26 Jan 2023, 20:45

how long has it been now ?

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 26 Jan 2023, 21:26

texre wrote:
Shade7 wrote:

Few questions:

No worries- I'm interested in finding out if it's a placebo or not.

Some tests with HWinfo64 (multiple runs with the tester plugged in vs out) would definitely help.

Recorded differences would also be ideal, but measurements would be a good start.

Le Ebin Tw34k3r

Post by Le Ebin Tw34k3r » 27 Jan 2023, 02:22

@Texre
Do a blind test.
Play 5 matches, have a friend remove or add the thing at will.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 27 Jan 2023, 10:27

Le Ebin Tw34k3r wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 02:22
@Texre
Do a blind test.
Play 5 matches, have a friend remove or add the thing at will.
Great suggestion...
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: 1 and million fix or potential fix for everybody. [POTENTIAL fix. No guarantees.]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2023, 18:24

Good going on nuancing the topic title as "potential fix".

Be noted that interference is like an onion of zillions of signals, and this may only fix one inteference-related problem but not others.

Just caveating, to not raise too many hopes. But definitely fix your "legal violations" in your wiring, if you've got the ability. There is often laws in some countries against this type of wiring error, e.g. National Electric Code (NEC), aka code violation. But it's a Wild's West in certain countries.

People should common-sense those low lying apple fixes -- e.g. you own your house, and you can afford to get your wiring fixed -- but even after fixing, the problems may remain (if non-interference things like server's fault, or another interference thing still remains, e.g. electrical grid problem beyond your control). It's also safety related to keep your electricity legal (e.g. within spec within your control), but that is only part of the battle. Again, there will almost always be non-inteference causes involved in troubleshooting.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!