1 and million fix or potential fix for everybody. [POTENTIAL fix. No guarantees.]

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Tuhin Lavania

Re: 1 and million fix or potential fix for everybody.

Post by Tuhin Lavania » 18 Jan 2023, 21:12

I highly doubt if this can solve the issue which everyone including me face here. This tester just tests the line for proper grounding and neutral, i have no explanation how this can solve the issue. I have one lying around, wouldnt hurt to test it.

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 19 Jan 2023, 01:37

You should fix it and not leave it like that. Call an electrician.

"Hazard of Open Service Neutral

If the grounded (neutral) service conductor is opened or not provided at all, objectionable neutral current will flow on metal parts of the electrical system and dangerous voltage will be present on the metal parts providing the potential for electric shock. This dangerous electrical shock condition is of particular concern in buildings that contain swimming pools, spas and hot tubs.

In addition, when the grounded (neutral) conductor from the secondary of a transformer is open or not present, the operating voltage for the loads on one line will rise, while the operating voltage for the other line will drop. Another hazard exists from over or under line voltage, and that is a fire from excessive heat."

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... irefox-b-d

itsjNs

Post by itsjNs » 19 Jan 2023, 11:06

Lol, so basicly i have professional verdict...
Its what ive been saying in the other thread as well, so basicly this guy had an open neutral and plugged in this device which is nothing he just completed the circuit so now electricity can return from the neutral in a better way = fixes instantly then he will relize its not perfect again cause this is happening outside the house as well

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 20 Jan 2023, 04:12

Please keep us updated, if this continues to work. Very interesting.

Sounds crazy at first, but the explanation given in the post above me makes sense (atleast to someone with no electrical experience, like myself)

I purchased a similar tester from Amazon last year. It looked extremely similar to the one you have. But from some no-name seller

Tested the outlets that I use for my PC/Monitor and it didn't show any issues present. Tested some other outlets in the next room over, and then the device suddenly stopped working (completely dead, no more LED indicators lighting up on it). Not sure what happened, but didn't expect much from it anyways, since it was very cheap (under $10).

Might try purchasing a higher quality one or hunting down the same model that you have- if they still have them available anywhere.

Few questions:
1. Can you post the back (under-side) of the device. I want to see if there is any identifying text.

2. Which outlet did you end up plugging/leaving this device in? Is it in the same room as your PC?

3. Do any of your other outlets have the same problem as the one the device is in right now (same open neutral LED).

4. Can you try to measure/record any sort of electrical change in your PC components (through HWINFO64)?: clock speeds, voltages, changing values, stability.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 20 Jan 2023, 06:16

I never read so much.... well what else. What do you mean with open neutral ? Like a plug with no grounding to it ? You know that there are some systems of youre grid existing where you're neutral is bonded to the grounded one or each existing seperated.

How exactly would this affect you're electric ? So basically want to tell me, that i have to remove the grounding on my grid ? And this should be the fix ?

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 20 Jan 2023, 15:23

Shade7 wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 04:12

Sounds crazy at first, but the explanation given in the post above me makes sense (atleast to someone with no electrical experience, like myself)
I'm sorry but the post above is ridiculous and doesn't even make any sense. If the outlet tester is showing open neutral then there's absolutely no measured voltage potential between neutral and phase/live. On a correct wiring, the 2nd light of that tester will also light up, since the current from live to neutral will pass through high resistance "A resistor" which will light up while resisting that current hence giving the 2nd light indicator! The problem is, the dude knows that he has open neutrals in some of his sockets yet still doesn't fix them. In his case, the neutral wire probably broke out on one of the sockets "got pulled from the pin on the back of the outlet" so there's no neutral present in that outlet for a connection to happen.

I'm also afraid that he's just experiencing a lovely period of placebo or denial "not that I wanted it to be" but the methodology has no basis. The outlet tester acts just like any other resistance based device, or even better, as a lower wattage incandescence light.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

dervu

Post by dervu » 20 Jan 2023, 15:53

Connecting/disconnecting any device anywhere near affected place can have some effect, so people can take it as sign of improvement.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

cybepine

Post by cybepine » 21 Jan 2023, 07:20

Unreazz wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 06:16
I never read so much.... well what else. What do you mean with open neutral ? Like a plug with no grounding to it ? You know that there are some systems of youre grid existing where you're neutral is bonded to the grounded one or each existing seperated.

How exactly would this affect you're electric ? So basically want to tell me, that i have to remove the grounding on my grid ? And this should be the fix ?
No, do not remove grounding.

Electricity basically flows in circles.

Normal working condition:
Panel -> Hot wire (incoming electricity) -> Socket -> neutral wire (returning electricity) -> Panel

Open neutral:
Panel -> Hot wire (incoming electricity) -> Socket (no returning flow)

If there is open neutral, there is no flow to back and electricity does not complete circuit. Loose or broken neutral wire can be the cause in the socket.

"An open neutral is terrible; in fact, it is dangerous. When there’s a loose wire connection, the neutral wire becomes abnormally hot and damages appliances in their wake."

Here is a good good explanation (applies USA wiring only):

https://homeinspectioninsider.com/open- ... ing-guide/

Amaterasu-dA-KinG

Post by Amaterasu-dA-KinG » 25 Jan 2023, 10:45

texre wrote:
18 Jan 2023, 13:40
Hey as you guys know I have been looking for a on grid fix as I have found off grid fix already. It’s an outlet tester all I did was plug it into one of my outlets that had an open neutral and boom no more prefires or insta peeking hit reg is normal I’ve been dropping 20 bombs everyday now and I can play the game normally like off grid. I don’t know if this will help anybody else but me but yeah somehow someway it’s helped me. I’m a fortnite player. I loaded up csgo death match free for all most kills I ever got in that was 25. I now drop 80+ kills each death match. The only thing that I can say that isn’t fixed is the distortion of the monitor still not that 240hz look but feels snappy and you’re not gonna die in the craziest ways anymore. It’s very inexpensive to see if it might help you or not only cost me $5. I’m from California usa so we have different outlet testers then eu which Ik most of you guys are in. Can someone test this out and see if it helps you guys like it’s helped me.
So you just plugged this in a outleg plug and your pc cable next to it?

texre

Post by texre » 26 Jan 2023, 18:06

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 15:23
Shade7 wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 04:12

I'm sorry but the post above is ridiculous and doesn't even make any sense. If the outlet tester is showing open neutral then there's absolutely no measured voltage potential between neutral and phase/live. On a correct wiring, the 2nd light of that tester will also light up, since the current from live to neutral will pass through high resistance "A resistor" which will light up while resisting that current hence giving the 2nd light indicator! The problem is, the dude knows that he has open neutrals in some of his sockets yet still doesn't fix them. In his case, the neutral wire probably broke out on one of the sockets "got pulled from the pin on the back of the outlet" so there's no neutral present in that outlet for a connection to happen.

I'm also afraid that he's just experiencing a lovely period of placebo or denial "not that I wanted it to be" but the methodology has no basis. The outlet tester acts just like any other resistance based device, or even better, as a lower wattage incandescence light.
Best way I can explain this helping me is like I extra frame time. It’s still working btw it might be placebo but everytime I unplug it the game is very unplayable. But with it plugged in I dominate.