[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
skkiNN

Re: [EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by skkiNN » 04 Feb 2023, 12:41

faiqs wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 03:29
F1zus wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 18:38
Eonds wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 22:48
KingAzar wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 17:35
Will I get any benefit from AC Power Filer / Power Conditioner?
power filters don't correct voltage swings in the upside or downside. They simple attempt to filter noise. Your PSU/MOBO typically does this really well (not saying there isn't room for improvement). You may benefit from it but probably not unless you have god awful equipment. What you would benefit from is making sure you're getting a constant stable AC voltage being fed into the equipment.
Voltage fluctuations are not the cause of input lag. The main reason for input lag is the high level of harmonic distortion.
Do you think your motherboard is safe from this? No. Harmonic distortion passes through the power supply, weakens, enters the motherboard chipset and disrupts its operation.
Various errors appear in the chipset.
After that, the error correction function is enabled. This function causes the input lag. The error correction function delays the signal from the chipset to your usb devices.
This function is similar to ECC ddr.
I measured harmonic distortion right inside the computer using a sound card and found out that during the day (13.00-23.00) there is about 15-20% harmonic distortion in the electrical network.
At night, the level drops to 10%.
This is why the computer is more responsive at night.
I think thanks to you A LOT OF US now know what causing this issue... Any ideas how to bypass this? How can we fix this i mean, calling an eletrical operator and explain him all this stuff? is there a product that reduce harmonic distorsion?

This is the absolute TRUTH my fellow victim !

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 04 Feb 2023, 20:35

skkiNN wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 12:41
faiqs wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 03:29
F1zus wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 18:38
Eonds wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 22:48

power filters don't correct voltage swings in the upside or downside. They simple attempt to filter noise. Your PSU/MOBO typically does this really well (not saying there isn't room for improvement). You may benefit from it but probably not unless you have god awful equipment. What you would benefit from is making sure you're getting a constant stable AC voltage being fed into the equipment.
Voltage fluctuations are not the cause of input lag. The main reason for input lag is the high level of harmonic distortion.
Do you think your motherboard is safe from this? No. Harmonic distortion passes through the power supply, weakens, enters the motherboard chipset and disrupts its operation.
Various errors appear in the chipset.
After that, the error correction function is enabled. This function causes the input lag. The error correction function delays the signal from the chipset to your usb devices.
This function is similar to ECC ddr.
I measured harmonic distortion right inside the computer using a sound card and found out that during the day (13.00-23.00) there is about 15-20% harmonic distortion in the electrical network.
At night, the level drops to 10%.
This is why the computer is more responsive at night.
I think thanks to you A LOT OF US now know what causing this issue... Any ideas how to bypass this? How can we fix this i mean, calling an eletrical operator and explain him all this stuff? is there a product that reduce harmonic distorsion?

This is the absolute TRUTH my fellow victim !
I don't think everyone has the same issue.

I'm happy that someone found something a little more measurable in terms of their issue, and we can check for it ourselves now. But, seems pre-emptive to assume we all have the same issue. We probably have comparable effects of each of our issues, but the sources may not be the same.

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 05 Feb 2023, 07:24

Well im one of us having issues in differenti times. My games are shit in morfina afternoon then more playable in late night. Everyone having this issue is for sure because of that then (harmonics).
The point is: how can is fixable? What we have to do? Im not an electrical engeneree...

Kanipshun

Post by Kanipshun » 05 Feb 2023, 09:19

Just some observations I have noticed over the past year and some thoughts.
1)PC runs better after midnight, even better after 4 AM but read next
2)At 8 AM PC runs perfect. I can set a watch by this. It doesn't matter what day of the week it is.
3)PC runs great from 8 AM til about Noon. If I am actively using the PC, goodness will persist longer.
4)Worst time of day is 3-9 PM (of course when I need it the most).
Mondays and Tuesdays seem to have the least input lag and Thursday/Friday seem to be the worst.
5)When the PC is running perfect, the colors look different, the picture looks clearer with less jaggies, and of course mouse lag is gone.

What I can't understand is, what is happening at 8 am that creates the perfect environment? Does the power company change something? Perhaps my issue is different but I think it's along the same lines of what everyone else deals with here.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 05 Feb 2023, 12:59

Get the Corsair HX1200 2 days back with new mobo - no improvemnet for me DC blocker on the way so we will see

wadge

Post by wadge » 05 Feb 2023, 13:53

MegaMelmek wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 12:59
Get the Corsair HX1200 2 days back with new mobo - no improvemnet for me DC blocker on the way so we will see
i have the corsair hx1200 since 2 years now, no improvement. i tried rrecently DC blocker, again waist of money for me it is worst...

Still struggling to find a fix

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 05 Feb 2023, 16:44

wadge wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 13:53
MegaMelmek wrote:
i have the corsair hx1200 since 2 years now, no improvement. i tried rrecently DC blocker, again waist of money for me it is worst...

Still struggling to find a fix
Which DC Blocker did you try?
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 05 Feb 2023, 20:34

MegaMelmek wrote:
I have the feeling that of the IFI DC Blocker will do the trick to the IFI Ground Defender

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 05 Feb 2023, 20:34

MegaMelmek wrote:
I have the feeling that of the IFI DC Blocker will do the trick to the IFI Ground Defender