[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
dervu

Re: EMI 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by dervu » 21 Jan 2023, 15:44

KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 15:34
dervu wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 15:10
MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:57
KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 04:04

Here is your :arrow: video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VX4djNxnyFu3rogeA

While my PC is running, the EMI reader gives around 1480mV, when the iron (set to high) is plugged in, it reduces to around 1300mV which is still high.

One thing to note is that maybe other kinds of Iron are powerful enough to significantly reduce the EMI from the circuit, however from my own issue, this won't help because let's say I had an Iron that will reduce the EMI from 1480mV to 200mV. Only all devices connected to that outlet will have less impact from the EMI emitted by my computer, but my computer still generates EMI on the other way. :idea:

My goal is to fix the EMI that is generated by my computer which so far it's mostly generated by the PSU.
We have to undestand that these PSU are for sure OK there is 0% chance that you got two PSU that emiting excesive amount of EMI just because thats not how this works…
I was lately talking with ppl wich and they are addicted to audio same like we do to the gaming…
They allready know that PC (most likely PSU) is emiting huge amount of EMI. They says that any switching power suply will do that if the input is bad most likely DC power in the AC system.
I am allready in proces to test all these things but my PC is in the waranty send back if you know what i mean.
MOBO- dead sound card - MSI Z790 A Pro DDR4 (1 month old mobo)

To undestand that nothing is wrong with your PSU is that there will be way more ppl with same issue like you or i have….
They explain me clearly that toroid filters get infected quickly if DC ocurs in AC system. These filters are in all PSU they small not realy build to stand DC current. I was testing big toroid filter there was for sure improvement but again lag come back.

You look like dude that realy dont care what will take it to solve this issue so pls take advice from me and stop testing other PSU there is nothing wrong with them…
I am realy sugest you look for ifi DC blocker you will have two week advatage on me.

something for read:

https://ifi-audio.com/products/dc-blocker/
DC blocker was tested already by dozens of people. No lasting improvements.
Dervu, do you know which DC blockers they did use by any chance?
Multiple manufacturers. Not worth listing them, because all of them are enough to block DC, that is usually not high, and they use same principle. Some people used same one as me, some used others. There are tons of them to buy, doesn't really matter which one you use unless you get to some really high levels of DC. Some block up to 1.xV like mine and some 3.xV.
For example I used Tomanek DC blockers.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

MegaMelmek

Re: [EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Jan 2023, 16:00

Did you test hx1200i right or it was that rm850?
When i see video like that dark room and that EMI test good know where is connected i do not 100% belive them. (sure i am not that sceptical they probaly legit thats why i give i try that seasonic)
If you post video where is outlet, iron PSU i 100% belive them.
But if he say so i will get that seasonic PSU (i do not like corsair PSU - its personal) for testing even i do not belive in any improvement.

I own- BQ straight power 11 750 gold
- EVGA 750GS gold
- BQ 400W system power 9 bronze
- seasonic 550 gold

They all same, non of them high end so i will give i a try to that seasonic that you post but results will be after my mobo came back.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Jan 2023, 16:10

Nothing against Poland stuff but they do not excel in electronic i will for sure not buy Tomanek and give i shot to that ifi if there will be 0 improve then next will be ground loop isolator and then who know….

Thatweirdinputlag

Re: EMI 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 22 Jan 2023, 00:45

dervu wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 15:10
MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:57
KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 04:04
MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 02:23
Pls man try same thing with that new PSU but connect iron to same outlet the numbers will be interesting…
Here is your :arrow: video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VX4djNxnyFu3rogeA

While my PC is running, the EMI reader gives around 1480mV, when the iron (set to high) is plugged in, it reduces to around 1300mV which is still high.

One thing to note is that maybe other kinds of Iron are powerful enough to significantly reduce the EMI from the circuit, however from my own issue, this won't help because let's say I had an Iron that will reduce the EMI from 1480mV to 200mV. Only all devices connected to that outlet will have less impact from the EMI emitted by my computer, but my computer still generates EMI on the other way. :idea:

My goal is to fix the EMI that is generated by my computer which so far it's mostly generated by the PSU.
We have to undestand that these PSU are for sure OK there is 0% chance that you got two PSU that emiting excesive amount of EMI just because thats not how this works…
I was lately talking with ppl wich and they are addicted to audio same like we do to the gaming…
They allready know that PC (most likely PSU) is emiting huge amount of EMI. They says that any switching power suply will do that if the input is bad most likely DC power in the AC system.
I am allready in proces to test all these things but my PC is in the waranty send back if you know what i mean.
MOBO- dead sound card - MSI Z790 A Pro DDR4 (1 month old mobo)

To undestand that nothing is wrong with your PSU is that there will be way more ppl with same issue like you or i have….
They explain me clearly that toroid filters get infected quickly if DC ocurs in AC system. These filters are in all PSU they small not realy build to stand DC current. I was testing big toroid filter there was for sure improvement but again lag come back.

You look like dude that realy dont care what will take it to solve this issue so pls take advice from me and stop testing other PSU there is nothing wrong with them…
I am realy sugest you look for ifi DC blocker you will have two week advatage on me.

something for read:

https://ifi-audio.com/products/dc-blocker/
DC blocker was tested already by dozens of people. No lasting improvements.
I'm actually also looking into investing in a DC blocker. And I don't think that anyone have tried it extensively and reported back we know that a lot of people have tried PSUs, Conditioners and Filters. But I don't remember a single post about A DC Blocker being used.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 22 Jan 2023, 05:16

Coming back with some tests done and some interesting things to note

Test 1
- HX1200 received and after testing the PSU, it's emitting 580mV
:arrow: Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/nG6JRoTcBGjVDiLk9
I'm not getting near to the other results from the other videos I posted earlier. I noticed that my mV was already around 170mV before the PSU ran it's because the light dimmer in the living room was on! Once it's off it goes back to 70mV. Even if the dimmer is off the results remain the same for the HX1200 on my side.

The interesting part is that I did install the HX1200 in my computer for a test run and it's giving me around 500mV and sometimes down to 400mV. First of all, it's 1000mV less than the HX850 which is great. Finally, there must be something going on, potentially DC current present in my AC :?: :idea:

"What I noticed when testing is more responsiveness of my system, the mouse feels a bit shaper and I noticed that in Valorant for example in the range I usually have 800 FPS and now it's fluctuating to 950 up to 1000. Interesting!"

Test 2
- I decided to remove completely the HX850 from my computer and tested it, resulting in 350mV. This is lower than last time which was around 700mV but it was in my computer case with all cables plugged in except, Motherboard, GPU, and HDD
:arrow: Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/vdfC4PQHYXkJas1D6
However, when I plug everything back into my computer the EMI line meter will read back 1500mV

Test 3
- Since I still had the HX1500i with me, I decided to run it on my computer and the result is the same as the HX850 but a bit lower around 1100mV
:arrow: Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jWy8wJqVqPJ1uMg7A

Conclusion: The HX1200 seems to filter something better than the HX850 and HX1500i

Maybe the next step is to find DC Blocker and test it live video?

triplese

Post by triplese » 22 Jan 2023, 05:42

MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 16:00
But if he say so i will get that seasonic PSU (i do not like corsair PSU - its personal) for testing even i do not belive in any improvement.

- EVGA 750GS gold
- seasonic 550 gold
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 Platinum 1050W - any improvements compared to cheap gigabyte P750gm.

mago

Post by mago » 22 Jan 2023, 05:56

can transformer reduce it ? from 110v to 220v or 220v to 110v
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 22 Jan 2023, 06:20

mago wrote:
22 Jan 2023, 05:56
What do you mean, I don’t get it?

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 22 Jan 2023, 09:01

triplese wrote:
22 Jan 2023, 05:42
MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 16:00

- EVGA 750GS gold
- seasonic 550 gold
Seasonic SS-1050XP3 Platinum 1050W - any improvements compared to cheap gigabyte P750gm.
That make sense to me did you test it yourself?

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 22 Jan 2023, 09:05

mago wrote:
22 Jan 2023, 05:56
I was wondering too but i think still you need DC filter and then step down or step up voltage regulator thats what i bin told…