[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
triplese

Re: [EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by triplese » 27 Jan 2023, 19:22

F1zus wrote: ↑
27 Jan 2023, 18:16
No, such an analyzer will not suit us.
You need an analyzer that shows frequencies from 50Hz to 1MHz.
To combat harmonics are suitable:
1) online ups
2) inverter voltage stabilizers
3) isolating transformers
4) network filters.
Online ups and inverter regulators perfectly suppress harmonic distortion and have no more than 5% distortion at the output.
I will be testing these devices soon.
This analyzer shows all harmonics up to 31. So its 50, 100, 150, 200 Hz roughly up to 2khz. More professional fluke analyzers shows up to 55 harmonics, but it still not mhz range.
Further it from base frequency amplitude is lower, so 31 harmonics is ok.
Online ups is definitely not working, its tested almost by everybody here, just search by forum.
Network filter doesnt work too, I have lowpass filter and its doesnt do anything. However on graph we see that its working in same frequency range, but no effect.
Isolating transfromer is on delivery, few days and will test it.
So probably its not harmonics. Or you need to take measurements in confirmed place without lag and compare it with confirmed place with lag.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-28 021620.png
Screenshot 2023-01-28 021620.png (29.17 KiB) Viewed 2623 times

triplese

Post by triplese » 27 Jan 2023, 19:25

KingAzar wrote: ↑
27 Jan 2023, 17:48
The dedicated circuit did not work, Interference from the other circuit is still impacting this new circuit from the same panel. Now I guess I need to filter the power and make it clean!
It was obvious because even with dedicated circuit you still connected to same power source. Why you thinking its interference from other circuit, but not from other street/district circuit?

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 27 Jan 2023, 23:28

triplese wrote: ↑
27 Jan 2023, 19:25
27 Jan 2023, 17:48
The dedicated circuit did not work, Interference from the other circuit is still impacting this new circuit from the same panel. Now I guess I need to filter the power and make it clean!
It was obvious because even with dedicated circuit you still connected to same power source. Why you thinking its interference from other circuit, but not from other street/district circuit?
Because when something from the original circuit is running (dimmer switch, microwave, etc) the noise interference is getting transfert to the new circuit.

triplese

Post by triplese » 29 Jan 2023, 08:24

27 Jan 2023, 23:28
Because when something from the original circuit is running (dimmer switch, microwave, etc) the noise interference is getting transfert to the new circuit.
Your circuit connected to another bigger circuit and "noise interference is getting transfert to the new circuit."

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2023, 18:22

This thread has more legitimacy.

Keep it up, peeps, stay crispy
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2023, 18:22

This thread has more legitimacy (on average, at least).

Keep it up, peeps, stay crispy
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 31 Jan 2023, 11:32

So far by changing the PSU, and getting the EMI down to 500mV and it's been a week or so, my input lag is gone at the moment, the thing that is remaining is the desync in-game. I'm still to look around getting something to clean the dedicated line

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 01 Feb 2023, 02:04

31 Jan 2023, 11:32
So far by changing the PSU, and getting the EMI down to 500mV and it's been a week or so, my input lag is gone at the moment, the thing that is remaining is the desync in-game. I'm still to look around getting something to clean the dedicated line
Feels promising. Voices in my head are telling me to grab my wallet and get that Seasonic titanium 850w.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 01 Feb 2023, 15:24

Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
01 Feb 2023, 02:04
31 Jan 2023, 11:32
Feels promising. Voices in my head are telling me to grab my wallet and get that Seasonic titanium 850w.
I have it, no fix. But I replaced mobo /psu to top tier components and pc had no lag for up to a week then it started to lag again. I have a good eye to spot these things cuz I have done over 40 windows reinstalls and played csgo without lag, it’s an absolute steal that we don’t play like that 24-7.

faiqs

Post by faiqs » 04 Feb 2023, 03:29

F1zus wrote: ↑
26 Jan 2023, 18:38
Eonds wrote: ↑
25 Jan 2023, 22:48
25 Jan 2023, 17:35
Will I get any benefit from AC Power Filer / Power Conditioner?
power filters don't correct voltage swings in the upside or downside. They simple attempt to filter noise. Your PSU/MOBO typically does this really well (not saying there isn't room for improvement). You may benefit from it but probably not unless you have god awful equipment. What you would benefit from is making sure you're getting a constant stable AC voltage being fed into the equipment.
Voltage fluctuations are not the cause of input lag. The main reason for input lag is the high level of harmonic distortion.
Do you think your motherboard is safe from this? No. Harmonic distortion passes through the power supply, weakens, enters the motherboard chipset and disrupts its operation.
Various errors appear in the chipset.
After that, the error correction function is enabled. This function causes the input lag. The error correction function delays the signal from the chipset to your usb devices.
This function is similar to ECC ddr.
I measured harmonic distortion right inside the computer using a sound card and found out that during the day (13.00-23.00) there is about 15-20% harmonic distortion in the electrical network.
At night, the level drops to 10%.
This is why the computer is more responsive at night.
This is the absolute TRUTH my fellow victim !