[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Shade7

Re: EMI 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by Shade7 » 20 Jan 2023, 19:28

Is there a list/chart to compare EMI ratings of different PSUs, the links in the previous posts seem to be for specific/individual PSUs.

I've used a Corsair RM850 in my build for a year, then switched a few months ago to a BeQuiet DarkPower Pro 12 (850W). I would assume a PSU with a Titanium efficiency rating would have low EMI, but who knows. I'll have to look into it now.

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 20 Jan 2023, 20:12

Shade7 wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 19:28
Is there a list/chart to compare EMI ratings of different PSUs, the links in the previous posts seem to be for specific/individual PSUs.

I've used a Corsair RM850 in my build for a year, then switched a few months ago to a BeQuiet DarkPower Pro 12 (850W). I would assume a PSU with a Titanium efficiency rating would have low EMI, but who knows. I'll have to look into it now.
To kind of answer your question look at the below quote:
pox02 wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 16:28
i have one fix for u yonaxsangi switch ur power supply with good unit with a really good emi filter like hx1200i or ssr-1000tr from seasonic looks the difference

good word about spread spectrum

spread spectrum is a hot topic of debate if it actually "works" it's just spreading out the energy some more. it doesn't reduce the overall power leakage
it helps meet the legal requirements, but the effect on actual interference is debated

sorry yonaxsangi the whole problem come from PSU

ax1600i Huge emi

https://streamable.com/hijvkt

hx1200i Extreme low emi

https://streamable.com/skoc1u
AX1600i as Titanium rating and seems to struggle with EMI

Shade7

Post by Shade7 » 20 Jan 2023, 20:52

KingAzar wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 20:12
Shade7 wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 19:28

To kind of answer your question look at the below quote:
pox02 wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 16:28
i have one fix for u yonaxsangi switch ur power supply with good unit with a really good emi filter like hx1200i or ssr-1000tr from seasonic looks the difference

good word about spread spectrum

spread spectrum is a hot topic of debate if it actually "works" it's just spreading out the energy some more. it doesn't reduce the overall power leakage
it helps meet the legal requirements, but the effect on actual interference is debated

sorry yonaxsangi the whole problem come from PSU

ax1600i Huge emi

https://streamable.com/hijvkt

hx1200i Extreme low emi

https://streamable.com/skoc1u
AX1600i as Titanium rating and seems to struggle with EMI
Oh dang. I never considered PSUs as a source of EMI. I'll have to look more into this. If anyone has info on BeQuiet PSU emi ratings, lemme know.

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 20 Jan 2023, 21:37

I know some of you were waiting for the result on EMI for the Corsair HX1500i and here is the video

:arrow: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xqGT7fGT91NQEFuJ6

As you can see nothing is connected to it, it goes to 700mV then slow down to 400mv because the PSU detects that nothing else is happening, but I am pretty sure if I plug it into my computer the number will Skyrock. Did not want to waste my time and open up the case and do all the things but so far it did fail.

pox02 seems to have the HX1200i but I am not able to find anything at a good price here in North America (Canada) otherwise I will chase for Seasonic as he did advise.
HX1200i Overpriced Canada
HX1200i Overpriced Canada
2023-01-20 21_24_56-Amazon.ca _ HX1200i and 3 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge.png (65.11 KiB) Viewed 1996 times
I found this video where out of the box his HX1200 is low EMI
https://youtube.com/shorts/Qregvk8WnSI?feature=share

Another thing that I will do is to try the PC running, having an EMF reader next to the components. if the computer is full of EMI then it should detect it and give me the frequency. The tool will arrive this Monday 23rd

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 00:54

Another test while my PC is running.

When I tried the meter in the kitchen and the reading is 700mV instead of 70mV

Tried in the living room and the reading was 600mV

When in the basement tested in the living room, kitchen and both bedrooms reading was 400mV

When I turned off my computer all went back to normal.

Tried with the HX1500i and it went up again! So far something is going on with the HX850 and HX1500i

I found a video where someone is testing the HX1200 and not the HX1200i. I found one and I will order it for testing
Last edited by KingAzar on 21 Jan 2023, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 21 Jan 2023, 01:06

God bless your soul my man, you're doing good work! I remember Nawaf, he is the OP of the longest post in here haha. I'm not sure what happened with his inputlag issue at the end though..

An EMF reader really won't do you any good, I had mine and I kept testing stuff for about 2 weeks until i sold it. nothing really helpful came out of it. there was nothing unnatural going on under the desk, in-fact the readings were normal, unless I stick the device next to a working fan then it reads it's electromagnetic radiation. I did see that my desk had high reading on its frame and counter-top. I was able to find an unpainted screw-hole and connect a grounded alligator clip connected to it. the entire frame now was grounded and no more electric field detected on the metal itself, but the counter-top was made of compressed wood and there was no way for me to ground that.

Did you take a look at the seasonic titanium line-up? They should offer the best of that world, in terms of efficiency and quality of components used, but I don't know how its EMI emitting behavior would be like?
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 21 Jan 2023, 01:10

Issue can’t be fixed like this, don’t waste time into buying parts my bro

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Jan 2023, 02:23

Pls man try same thing with that new PSU but connect iron to same outlet the numbers will be interesting…

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 03:54

Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 01:06
God bless your soul my man, you're doing good work! I remember Nawaf, he is the OP of the longest post in here haha. I'm not sure what happened with his inputlag issue at the end though..

An EMF reader really won't do you any good, I had mine and I kept testing stuff for about 2 weeks until i sold it. nothing really helpful came out of it. there was nothing unnatural going on under the desk, in-fact the readings were normal, unless I stick the device next to a working fan then it reads it's electromagnetic radiation. I did see that my desk had high reading on its frame and counter-top. I was able to find an unpainted screw-hole and connect a grounded alligator clip connected to it. the entire frame now was grounded and no more electric field detected on the metal itself, but the counter-top was made of compressed wood and there was no way for me to ground that.

Did you take a look at the seasonic titanium line-up? They should offer the best of that world, in terms of efficiency and quality of components used, but I don't know how its EMI emitting behavior would be like?
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Would be great if him and pox2 are around and maybe can give their input. :D

I do not think I have a grounding issue because my electricity has been upgraded recently.

Regarding the EMF, I just want to see the RF that is emitted from the PSU just to be sure but also to check around we never now from my end.

I will into the Seasonic series but I need to check return policy into other store but on amazon I don't have too much option and the delivery will be 1 et 3 weeks :s so we will have to maybe wait if I take ta road
Last edited by KingAzar on 21 Jan 2023, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 21 Jan 2023, 03:55

KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 00:54
Another test while my PC is running.

When I tried the meter in the kitchen and the reading is 700mV instead of 70mV

Tried in the living room and the reading was 600mV

When in the basement tested in the living room, kitchen and both bedrooms reading was 400mV

When I turned off my computer all went back to normal.

Tried with the HX1500i and it went up again! So far something is going on with the HX850 and HX1500i

I found a video where someone is testing the HX1200 and not the HX1200i. I found one and I will order it for testing
HX1200 is the one youtuber Kryzzp who has zero input lag and desync issues is using. So yeah, I'm also curious if HX1200 will exhibit the same issue.