[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
InputLagger

Re: [EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by InputLagger » 18 Feb 2023, 22:32

KingAzar wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 14:25
I received the Furman PST-8D and the noise reduction with both filters is the same VS a regular power bar.

Regular power bar + 2 filters even get a little bit lower mV around 12 vs 17 on the Furman PST-8D. Now when we talk about noise once my PC is on, it remains the same, I guess I will order 2 other filters just to play around

Just to give a quick recap for anyone who just got here

My line noise is usually around 90-200mV while my Pfsense box and PC are OFF.
The noise emitted by my computer was at 1500mV, then I replace my PSU from Corsair HX850 to HX1200. This reduced the noise on the line to 600mV. Since my mouse became more responsive. I ordered two Greenwave filters and now my line noise in my office goes down to 12mV when the Pfsense box and PC are OFF. With 2 filters plugged in, now the noise emitted is between 80-120mV when both devices are ON.

So far my game experience has been good. My mouse input lag has been away since I started changing my PSU and now I'm just trying to make things a bit sharper. I will return the furman power conditioner.

IMG_1170.jpg.
hi, great job! Please don't speed things up. Give greenwave filters doing their work for 7 days, then try to add furman filter. Maybe greewave already making their work, it will needs some time (?) for cleanup the issue (from components?)

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 19 Feb 2023, 00:20

InputLagger wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 22:32
KingAzar wrote:
I received the Furman PST-8D and the noise reduction with both filters is the same VS a regular power bar.

Regular power bar + 2 filters even get a little bit lower mV around 12 vs 17 on the Furman PST-8D. Now when we talk about noise once my PC is on, it remains the same, I guess I will order 2 other filters just to play around

The noise emitted by my computer was at 1500mV, then I replace my PSU from Corsair HX850 to HX1200. This reduced the noise on the line to 600mV. Since my mouse became more responsive. I ordered two Greenwave filters and now my line noise in my office goes down to 12mV when the Pfsense box and PC are OFF. With 2 filters plugged in, now the noise emitted is between 80-120mV when both devices are ON.

So far my game experience has been good. My mouse input lag has been away since I started changing my PSU and now I'm just trying to make things a bit sharper. I will return the furman power conditioner.

IMG_1170.jpg.
hi, great job! Please don't speed things up. Give greenwave filters doing their work for 7 days, then try to add furman filter. Maybe greewave already making their work, it will needs some time (?) for cleanup the issue (from components?)
Thank you,

I will wait 7 days before returning then

Also, how do you know to wait that many days?

skkiNN

Post by skkiNN » 19 Feb 2023, 06:16

KingAzar wrote:

IMG_1170.jpg.
Man thank you for the work ur doing. Question: i got an RM850X from corsair but i cant buy any meter atm.. do you think my PSU has same mV as your old hx850? Or they different? Gonna try to get two greenwave filters without taking the meter and see if mouse feels better..

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 19 Feb 2023, 07:01

skkiNN wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 06:16
KingAzar wrote:

IMG_1170.jpg.
Man thank you for the work ur doing. Question: i got an RM850X from corsair but i cant buy any meter atm.. do you think my PSU has same mV as your old hx850? Or they different? Gonna try to get two greenwave filters without taking the meter and see if mouse feels better..
It's hard to tell because the HX and RM series are close and I did test the HX1500i which was supposed to be the top of the line and the noise from it was terrible compared to the HX1200. To be honest, it's better to get something for measurement because, in my situation, I know that I will need more filters to stabilize!

adelsa123

Post by adelsa123 » 19 Feb 2023, 13:31

KingAzar wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 07:01
skkiNN wrote:
19 Feb 2023, 06:16
KingAzar wrote:

IMG_1170.jpg.
It's hard to tell because the HX and RM series are close and I did test the HX1500i which was supposed to be the top of the line and the noise from it was terrible compared to the HX1200. To be honest, it's better to get something for measurement because, in my situation, I know that I will need more filters to stabilize!
whyy u didnt buy Furman M-10x E Power Conditioner i think its better tthen Furman PST-8D

adelsa123

Post by adelsa123 » 20 Feb 2023, 00:17

also guys what do u think about this website that introduce this probleme in rocket league input llag and tthey provide solluttionn : https://smoker.gg/

here is what i found there i will copy paste :
rocketllleaguee.png
rocketllleaguee.png (139.42 KiB) Viewed 1734 times

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 20 Feb 2023, 02:55

adelsa123 wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 00:17
also guys what do u think about this website that introduce this probleme in rocket league input llag and tthey provide solluttionn : https://smoker.gg/

rocketllleaguee.png

I can't recommend the Furman M-10xE enough. It reduces lag in Rocket League and even Valorant.

adelsa123

Post by adelsa123 » 20 Feb 2023, 15:58

Zodasaur wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 02:55
adelsa123 wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 00:17

rocketllleaguee.png

I can't recommend the Furman M-10xE enough. It reduces lag in Rocket League and even Valorant.
not oony valoorant annd rocket lleage but that means it reduces input agg inn oother games too like csgo
solutionnnnn.png
solutionnnnn.png (115.11 KiB) Viewed 1596 times

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 22 Feb 2023, 01:12

That model is not available on Amazon Canada. Ugh! :x

I have 2 extra Greenwave Filters coming next week, which will be 4 in total, which I will mix with the Furman PST-8D before returning the power conditioner.

Until now my input lag hasn't come back so happy so far but still have some desync in Valorant so I'll try to maximize the noise on the line as much as possible.

Now the major update is that I will upgrade my computer to the latest hardware available on the market:
CPU: AMD 5950x to Intel 13900K
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII X570 to Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790
RAM: GSKILL 2 x 16Gb C19 3800Mhz to TEAMGROUP TForce 2 x 16Gb C38 7800Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte OC-Gaming 3090 to Gigabyte Aorus Master 4090
PSU: Corsair HX1200 to Seasonic Prime TX-1000

Let see how it goes next week!

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 22 Feb 2023, 01:23

KingAzar wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 01:12
That model is not available on Amazon Canada. Ugh! :x

I have 2 extra Greenwave Filters coming next week, which will be 4 in total, which I will mix with the Furman PST-8D before returning the power conditioner.

Until now my input lag hasn't come back so happy so far but still have some desync in Valorant so I'll try to maximize the noise on the line as much as possible.

Now the major update is that I will upgrade my computer to the latest hardware available on the market:
CPU: AMD 5950x to Intel 13900K
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII X570 to Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790
RAM: GSKILL 2 x 16Gb C19 3800Mhz to TEAMGROUP TForce 2 x 16Gb C38 7800Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte OC-Gaming 3090 to Gigabyte Aorus Master 4090
PSU: Corsair HX1200 to Seasonic Prime TX-1000

Let see how it goes next week!
You can DIY your own filters! :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bimHcxTDqg