[EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
KingAzar

Re: EMI 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 03:56

assombrosso wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 01:10
Issue can’t be fixed like this, don’t waste time into buying parts my bro
ONE TO KEEP IN MIND: Without my computer running, my EMI detection is low, it's not at 25mV for sure but it's between 60 and 80. My electric circuit is not bad.

Isolating stuff to find the culprit from my end (all cases a different) this helps me to understand more. So far my current PSU (HX850) and a brand new PSU out of the box (HX1500i) without connecting to PC are emitting high EMI to my home electric circuit. How do you explain that if my home electric circuit is low EMI

At this point from my sense, using a filter, or PSU, or Conditioner won't help. I mean it will protect other devices from my computer emitting EMI.

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 04:04

MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 02:23
Pls man try same thing with that new PSU but connect iron to same outlet the numbers will be interesting…
Here is your :arrow: video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VX4djNxnyFu3rogeA

While my PC is running, the EMI reader gives around 1480mV, when the iron (set to high) is plugged in, it reduces to around 1300mV which is still high.

One thing to note is that maybe other kinds of Iron are powerful enough to significantly reduce the EMI from the circuit, however from my own issue, this won't help because let's say I had an Iron that will reduce the EMI from 1480mV to 200mV. Only all devices connected to that outlet will have less impact from the EMI emitted by my computer, but my computer still generates EMI on the other way. :idea:

My goal is to fix the EMI that is generated by my computer which so far it's mostly generated by the PSU.

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 04:14

TheKelz wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 03:55
KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 00:54
Another test while my PC is running.

When I tried the meter in the kitchen and the reading is 700mV instead of 70mV

Tried in the living room and the reading was 600mV

When in the basement tested in the living room, kitchen and both bedrooms reading was 400mV

When I turned off my computer all went back to normal.

Tried with the HX1500i and it went up again! So far something is going on with the HX850 and HX1500i

I found a video where someone is testing the HX1200 and not the HX1200i. I found one and I will order it for testing
HX1200 is the one youtuber Kryzzp who has zero input lag and desync issues is using. So yeah, I'm also curious if HX1200 will exhibit the same issue.
Do you have his video by any chance or channel that demonstrates his HX1200?

By the way, I just ordered the HX1200, and will arrive tomorrow - Stay tuned!

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 21 Jan 2023, 04:21

KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 04:14
TheKelz wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 03:55
KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 00:54
Another test while my PC is running.

When I tried the meter in the kitchen and the reading is 700mV instead of 70mV

Tried in the living room and the reading was 600mV

When in the basement tested in the living room, kitchen and both bedrooms reading was 400mV

When I turned off my computer all went back to normal.

Tried with the HX1500i and it went up again! So far something is going on with the HX850 and HX1500i

I found a video where someone is testing the HX1200 and not the HX1200i. I found one and I will order it for testing
HX1200 is the one youtuber Kryzzp who has zero input lag and desync issues is using. So yeah, I'm also curious if HX1200 will exhibit the same issue.
Do you have his video by any chance or channel that demonstrates his HX1200?

By the way, I just ordered the HX1200, and will arrive tomorrow - Stay tuned!
Unfortunately he doesn't do that type of videos.. but, all I know is that he has HX1200 (previously he had RM750x) and his gameplay is always perfect, it feels smooth and not a single desync/stutter (apart from specific games that have stuttering issues).

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 04:51

I see what you mean!

My issue is desync, hit reg issue and floatty mouse somtimes

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Jan 2023, 12:57

KingAzar wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 04:04
MegaMelmek wrote:
Pls man try same thing with that new PSU but connect iron to same outlet the numbers will be interesting…

While my PC is running, the EMI reader gives around 1480mV, when the iron (set to high) is plugged in, it reduces to around 1300mV which is still high.

One thing to note is that maybe other kinds of Iron are powerful enough to significantly reduce the EMI from the circuit, however from my own issue, this won't help because let's say I had an Iron that will reduce the EMI from 1480mV to 200mV. Only all devices connected to that outlet will have less impact from the EMI emitted by my computer, but my computer still generates EMI on the other way. :idea:

My goal is to fix the EMI that is generated by my computer which so far it's mostly generated by the PSU.
We have to undestand that these PSU are for sure OK there is 0% chance that you got two PSU that emiting excesive amount of EMI just because thats not how this works…
I was lately talking with ppl wich and they are addicted to audio same like we do to the gaming…
They allready know that PC (most likely PSU) is emiting huge amount of EMI. They says that any switching power suply will do that if the input is bad most likely DC power in the AC system.
I am allready in proces to test all these things but my PC is in the waranty send back if you know what i mean.
MOBO- dead sound card - MSI Z790 A Pro DDR4 (1 month old mobo)

To undestand that nothing is wrong with your PSU is that there will be way more ppl with same issue like you or i have….
They explain me clearly that toroid filters get infected quickly if DC ocurs in AC system. These filters are in all PSU they small not realy build to stand DC current. I was testing big toroid filter there was for sure improvement but again lag come back.

You look like dude that realy dont care what will take it to solve this issue so pls take advice from me and stop testing other PSU there is nothing wrong with them…
I am realy sugest you look for ifi DC blocker you will have two week advatage on me.

something for read:

https://ifi-audio.com/products/dc-blocker/

dervu

Post by dervu » 21 Jan 2023, 15:10

MegaMelmek wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:57
KingAzar wrote:
MegaMelmek wrote:

We have to undestand that these PSU are for sure OK there is 0% chance that you got two PSU that emiting excesive amount of EMI just because thats not how this works…
I was lately talking with ppl wich and they are addicted to audio same like we do to the gaming…
They allready know that PC (most likely PSU) is emiting huge amount of EMI. They says that any switching power suply will do that if the input is bad most likely DC power in the AC system.
I am allready in proces to test all these things but my PC is in the waranty send back if you know what i mean.

To undestand that nothing is wrong with your PSU is that there will be way more ppl with same issue like you or i have….
They explain me clearly that toroid filters get infected quickly if DC ocurs in AC system. These filters are in all PSU they small not realy build to stand DC current. I was testing big toroid filter there was for sure improvement but again lag come back.

You look like dude that realy dont care what will take it to solve this issue so pls take advice from me and stop testing other PSU there is nothing wrong with them…
I am realy sugest you look for ifi DC blocker you will have two week advatage on me.

something for read:

DC blocker was tested already by dozens of people. No lasting improvements.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

MegaMelmek

Re: [EMI] 1500mV When computer is running!!!

Post by MegaMelmek » 21 Jan 2023, 15:16

I think i am kinda active there on forum and read a lot but miss that someone test it without sucsess… Even if i has to try it my self…

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 15:22

MegaMelmek wrote:
KingAzar wrote:
MegaMelmek wrote:

something for read:

Thank you for getting involved and adding your input. It's very appreciative

What I am hearing from you is that, while homes have AC current in the electrical circuit, DC current can also be present. From your perspective, the PSUs are working fine but because of the DC current infecting the component, this will make the two PSUs that I tested emit high EMI like we are seeing in my videos.

From your research, placing a DC Blocker on the PSU should stop the PSU to emit that high amount of EMI, correct? and therefore my reading on my outlet should be back to 80mV instead of 1500mV, am I right?

"I will try to get those DC Blockers, I header that there are two audio stores in my city that can potentially carry them"

I have other questions for you:

- From curiosity, how DC can be present in AC circuits in home? Is it coming from, a cellphone charge, a certain type of light bulb, particular device?

- How would you explain the below quote from pox2? 1 PSU is emitting a high amount of EMI and the other one is have pretty much nothing, do you think at some point he did install/change something?
pox02 wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 16:28
i have one fix for u yonaxsangi switch ur power supply with good unit with a really good emi filter like hx1200i or ssr-1000tr from seasonic looks the difference

good word about spread spectrum

spread spectrum is a hot topic of debate if it actually "works" it's just spreading out the energy some more. it doesn't reduce the overall power leakage
it helps meet the legal requirements, but the effect on actual interference is debated

sorry yonaxsangi the whole problem come from PSU

ax1600i Huge emi

https://streamable.com/hijvkt

hx1200i Extreme low emi

https://streamable.com/skoc1u

How about the below video? Is the result due to his electricity having no DC flowing into his circuit and have pure AC?
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Qregvk8WnSI

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 21 Jan 2023, 15:34

dervu wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 15:10
MegaMelmek wrote:
KingAzar wrote:
MegaMelmek wrote:

something for read:

DC blocker was tested already by dozens of people. No lasting improvements.
Dervu, do you know which DC blockers they did use by any chance?