Attemping fix on only desync

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Lagsadok

Attemping fix on only desync

Post by Lagsadok » 20 Jan 2023, 23:50

Does anyone have only desync, I have no input lag just hit reg and stuff is horrible from desync. I'm replacing pc and mouse, monitor, keyboard everything. Also accounts I won't use on new pc like steam etc. I will update on how it goes in a few weeks. I do not think my problem is electricity as I had it at other locations.

Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Attemping fix on only desync

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 23 Jan 2023, 01:38

Lagsadok wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 23:50
Does anyone have only desync, I have no input lag just hit reg and stuff is horrible from desync. I'm replacing pc and mouse, monitor, keyboard everything. Also accounts I won't use on new pc like steam etc. I will update on how it goes in a few weeks. I do not think my problem is electricity as I had it at other locations.
You're playing a dangerous game, if all you have is desync then maybe it's actually network related? I can live with a little bit of desync while gaining the full responsiveness of my inputs back. The problem is, imagine after everything you replace and you also start getting input lag, stutters and the rest of the shenanigans lol. I myself got introduced to those issue as soon as I upgraded my PC.

Best of luck my dude.
Rog Strix Z79i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Lagsadok

Post by Lagsadok » 24 Jan 2023, 00:46

Yeah in the beginning that's what I thought, but I tried new providers but ended up realising it was just my pc with the problem. Luckily for me I'm not the only one using a pc in the house so I could rule out network. But thank you anyway hopefully it works.

KingAzar

Post by KingAzar » 24 Jan 2023, 00:55

I used to have cable coaxial cable connection 500/25 Mbps and I thought it was my PC, then I upgraded my pc for a very expensive one, the desync was still there. I decided to change ISP and go for Fibre FTTH 940/940 Mbps my ping is way lower but I still have desync.

delve

Post by delve » 25 Jan 2023, 00:35

How far away were the other places that you tested from your home?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Jan 2023, 18:44

Lagsadok wrote:
Wrong forum.
This isn't electricity related.

Let's not waste this OP's time with electrical troubleshooting unless there's more ground.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 30 Jan 2023, 23:40

Lagsadok wrote:
My first question would be wi-if or Ethernet?

Second what’s your Nat type?

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 31 Jan 2023, 12:25

And what keyboard do you use?

Cuz i bought 1 year ago a mechanical one thinking its perfect and... not at all. The keyboard was a custom brand, it had good mechanical switches but the rest of keyboard was a piece of garbo with maybe 25+ms delay. I was permanently missing due to the fact i was still moving or moving already the opposite way when stopping. Now i have new corsair K65 with cherry silver switches and 0.5ms measured input delay and its a day and night. OF course, only at good servers (i can count them at fingers of one hand lol). At facetrash stuttering servers its still usually muddy + delayed aim as hell. Improved a bit, but still far away from perfect state.