Offgrid tests - its electricity... (No, its not!)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
assombrosso

Re: Offgrid tests - its electricity...

Post by assombrosso » 11 Feb 2023, 15:10

delve wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 12:23
assombrosso wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 03:35
I truly think the biggest source of our lag is RFI or signals effecting pc. I think we should direct focus on this
I think so too now, it is either radiated emi or bad electricities has some long term effect on pc (reversible or not), which battery doesn't fix within 1-2 hours of use.

my mouse lag and overall system lag changes together with desync, i am sure this is the case now.
Yes I think it’s radiated Over the air interference, only plausible explanation. Not sure about long term pc damage, I remember those windows reinstalls I used to do, they used to fix it for brief moment everytime

Bobo

Post by Bobo » 11 Feb 2023, 15:21

the problem with EMI and RFI is that it takes alot to fix it and its not coming just from 1 source.
so for example, you get a power filter or isolation transformer or just move the stuff off the grid an you connect all your gear to it, but what if the gear itself its a source of EMI/RFI because it poorly designed.
What if your router, monitor and other gear produce EMI/RFI and when you connect them to your pc, it gets affected ?

schizobeyondpills

Post by schizobeyondpills » 11 Feb 2023, 16:17

Bobo wrote:
11 Feb 2023, 15:21
the problem with EMI and RFI is that it takes alot to fix it and its not coming just from 1 source.
so for example, you get a power filter or isolation transformer or just move the stuff off the grid an you connect all your gear to it, but what if the gear itself its a source of EMI/RFI because it poorly designed.
What if your router, monitor and other gear produce EMI/RFI and when you connect them to your pc, it gets affected ?
yes, switching power supplies are a massive source of harmonics and other types of EMI, transformers only get worse if u connect a switching power supply to its outlets since it will try to compensate for the constant switching of the PSU, which will then compensate for transformer compensating and its an endless loop

triplese

Post by triplese » 13 Feb 2023, 16:29

I have isolation transformer and it doesnt fix issue

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 14 Feb 2023, 10:27

triplese wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 04:48
Thatweirdinputlag wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 02:48
God damnit. I don't know where to put the freaking solar panels lol! I wish I had the right kind of background knowledge to know what exactly is wrong with electricity that is causing this. Dear lord, everything that comes your laptops power supply is purely DC current it's not even what you find on your main AC line. What on earth is making it through that conversion!
Yes, its 20V DC. However, we clearly see that something is wrong while connecting charger...
I started observing this on my main 240hz monitor few years ago - its lost its fluidity and smooth movement. Some people said that its in my head. Now I have proper empirical proofs that is not :D
The smoothness loss is real. I can easily tell the difference, because I had SEVERAL occasions when I was just looking at the monitor and suddenly noticing that the whole screen became crisp. I would start using my PC to check if I'm seeing things and guess what, mouse would become absolutely perfect and precise (most noticeable in games when you suddenly start seeing your enemies much easier, even in dark areas). Then it quickly would go bad again: jittery screen, mouse heavy and kinda stuttery and etc. This happens no matter what Windows, what hardware I use (it happens on my phones as well). This crap is plaguing all our devices.