Offgrid tests - its electricity... (No, its not!)

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
triplese

Re: Offgrid tests - its electricity...

Post by triplese » 27 Jan 2023, 12:28

In office I have same tearing. :oops:
After installing nvidia frameview I have stable 60 fps both on battery and plugged in, however with running frameview I have tearing on battery :lol:
So its another miss related to electricity theory, but I dont know how explain desync absence while powering router from powerbank.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 28 Jan 2023, 16:55

triplese wrote:
27 Jan 2023, 12:28
In office I have same tearing. :oops:
After installing nvidia frameview I have stable 60 fps both on battery and plugged in, however with running frameview I have tearing on battery :lol:
So its another miss related to electricity theory, but I dont know how explain desync absence while powering router from powerbank.
Are you saying your desync lag goes away when starting your router from powerbank which is not connected to your house electricity grid?

I will add, I notice my desync disappear for a minute to few minutes when I turn off anything related to the house internet and then turn it on again after awhile.

MegaMelmek

Post by MegaMelmek » 28 Jan 2023, 18:57

texre wrote:
26 Jan 2023, 18:01
I’m pretty sure the monitor gets more affected by electricity than the pc itself. Does anybody know if it’s more sensitive than a pc?
No i am able power my monitor and router from battery 0 improvement there…

triplese

Post by triplese » 29 Jan 2023, 08:44

MontyTheAverage wrote:
28 Jan 2023, 16:55
Are you saying your desync lag goes away when starting your router from powerbank which is not connected to your house electricity grid?

I will add, I notice my desync disappear for a minute to few minutes when I turn off anything related to the house internet and then turn it on again after awhile.
Yes, or it was "coincidence" for 2-3 hours in a row while I dont have desync nor on PC, nor on laptop nor on a smartphone, and just before connecting to powerbank I had awful desyncs (about 1 second).

delve

Post by delve » 06 Feb 2023, 08:47

I have like 0.5 -1 second desync despite having ping of 10ms with FTTH, I also did an offgrid test with power station now. The desync is like 40% reduced, but not fixed. I think it could be, because the local network infrastructure outside of my home is also exposed to emi/dirty electricity. I am planning to do an offgrid test with 4g router, let's see if this will change anything.

mouse and frames also feel smoother on power station, but it is rather subtle.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 07 Feb 2023, 03:35

delve wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 08:47
I have like 0.5 -1 second desync despite having ping of 10ms with FTTH, I also did an offgrid test with power station now. The desync is like 40% reduced, but not fixed. I think it could be, because the local network infrastructure outside of my home is also exposed to emi/dirty electricity. I am planning to do an offgrid test with 4g router, let's see if this will change anything.

mouse and frames also feel smoother on power station, but it is rather subtle.
First time I did power station test, I felt improvement that was noticeable, maybe it was placebo because I spent a lot of effort to get that thing and I had too many hopes, the more I played, the placebo effect start to wear off either this or lag started to happen. I kept testing it over 20 times, off and on grid to see with my eyes open and my mouse keyboard if there’s noticeable effect that is worth the powe station…. Ended up reaching a point where there was no difference at all between the two and even power station was actually worse lol 😂, I’m pretty sure lag has managed to return and take full effect with power station. imo, if you say subtle effects with power station, that’s not a solution, solution should be close to 90-100%, anything less is not worth the purchase and might end up getting worse n worse with time. There’s a good test, that I would like to do with power station that I wasn’t able to, for the sake of testing, if you have a car, take your pc monitor mouse keyboard with power station to a location with no power towers, no cell phone tower, no houses , an empty space and tear there, and report to us. This should exclude RFI or wifi signals or any other source because I truly think the biggest source of our lag is RFI or signals effecting pc. I think we should direct focus on this

Bobo

Post by Bobo » 07 Feb 2023, 04:15

might be electricity but it could be from the mobo power saving features.
if you have this setting in bios, set it to disable and tell me if you get an improvement, and i`ll share a few more that you can disable/enable.
Native ASPM----Disabled

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 07 Feb 2023, 04:44

Bobo wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 04:15
might be electricity but it could be from the mobo power saving features.
if you have this setting in bios, set it to disable and tell me if you get an improvement, and i`ll share a few more that you can disable/enable.
Native ASPM----Disabled
it wont work at all

Bobo

Post by Bobo » 07 Feb 2023, 12:35

it doesnt boot if you disable Native ASPM ?

delve

Post by delve » 11 Feb 2023, 12:23

assombrosso wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 03:35
I truly think the biggest source of our lag is RFI or signals effecting pc. I think we should direct focus on this
I think so too now, it is either radiated emi or bad electricity have some long term effect on pc (reversible or not), which battery doesn't fix within 1-2 hours of use.

my mouse lag and overall system lag change together with desync, i am sure this is the case now.
Last edited by delve on 11 Feb 2023, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.