I’m facing an issue that has spanned almost a decade

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
triplese

Re: I’m facing an issue that has spanned almost a decade

Post by triplese » 13 Feb 2023, 16:36

RealNC wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 09:44
First thing to try is to uninstall all RGB software if you use it. It doesn't matter if it's for fans, keyboard, RAM, whatever. If it's for RGB, remove it. Next thing to try is to disable any virtualization support in the BIOS. Be it Intel VT-x or AMD-v/SVM.
I had this issue before any RGB devices in my laptop and then PC. Now I have all RGB turned on and desync doesnt deviate based on RGB on or off, so probably its little-to-no influence of RGB lights in my case.
Keep in mind that all proplayers playing with RGB keyboard on LANs and doesnt have problems :lol:

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 13 Feb 2023, 16:43

triplese wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 16:36
RealNC wrote:
First thing to try is to uninstall all RGB software if you use it. It doesn't matter if it's for fans, keyboard, RAM, whatever. If it's for RGB, remove it. Next thing to try is to disable any virtualization support in the BIOS. Be it Intel VT-x or AMD-v/SVM.
I had this issue before any RGB devices in my laptop and then PC. Now I have all RGB turned on and desync doesnt deviate based on RGB on or off, so probably its little-to-no influence of RGB lights in my case.
Keep in mind that all proplayers playing with RGB keyboard on LANs and doesnt have problems :lol:
I've seen many people fix stutter after removing RGB drivers/software, so I always recommend it. Much of that software is written poorly, inducing CPU stalls. Same for virtualization support (that one seems to be a big thing on W11, since it uses Virtualization for some anti-exploit features.)
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Mr Fork

Post by Mr Fork » 13 Feb 2023, 20:47

RealNC wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 16:43
triplese wrote:
RealNC wrote:
I've seen many people fix stutter after removing RGB drivers/software, so I always recommend it. Much of that software is written poorly, inducing CPU stalls. Same for virtualization support (that one seems to be a big thing on W11, since it uses Virtualization for some anti-exploit features.)
I wish my issue was as simple as it being some dodgy RGB software, but sadly it isn’t. The vast majority of my builds never even had RGB, and the stuttering would be present even after a clean install of Windows. I guess I will just have to get an electrician round and see what they say because considering the stutter effects both PC and consoles, along with other devices like TVs… it has to be something external causing it.

Like I said, one of the PCs worked fine at my friends, then permanently stuttered at my house the moment it was plugged in, definitely not a software issue, I wish it was though.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 14 Feb 2023, 10:28

Mr Fork wrote:
13 Feb 2023, 20:47
RealNC wrote:
triplese wrote:
RealNC wrote:
I wish my issue was as simple as it being some dodgy RGB software, but sadly it isn’t. The vast majority of my builds never even had RGB, and the stuttering would be present even after a clean install of Windows. I guess I will just have to get an electrician round and see what they say because considering the stutter effects both PC and consoles, along with other devices like TVs… it has to be something external causing it.

Like I said, one of the PCs worked fine at my friends, then permanently stuttered at my house the moment it was plugged in, definitely not a software issue, I wish it was though.
Yeah, if you reinstalled the Windows or tried a different hardware and it's the same, it's something external. I say this because I have the very same issue, still haven't been able to fix it.

Mr Fork

Post by Mr Fork » 14 Feb 2023, 12:11

TheKelz wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 10:28
Mr Fork wrote:
RealNC wrote:
triplese wrote:

Yeah, if you reinstalled the Windows or tried a different hardware and it's the same, it's something external. I say this because I have the very same issue, still haven't been able to fix it.

How long have you had the issue for? Has it always been present where you live?

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 14 Feb 2023, 12:32

Mr Fork wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 12:11
TheKelz wrote:
Mr Fork wrote:
RealNC wrote:

It has started somewhere in 2018, very randomly out of nowhere (at least it felt like it). Didn't have that issue before. I then moved to a different place (although it's so close you can hardly call it different) and the same issue is still present. I either purchased something that is affecting all my devices at my home or the whole area I live in got plagued by this all of a sudden.

Mr Fork

Post by Mr Fork » 14 Feb 2023, 18:46

TheKelz wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 12:32
Mr Fork wrote:
14 Feb 2023, 12:11
TheKelz wrote:
Mr Fork wrote:

It has started somewhere in 2018, very randomly out of nowhere (at least it felt like it). Didn't have that issue before. I then moved to a different place (although it's so close you can hardly call it different) and the same issue is still present. I either purchased something that is affecting all my devices at my home or the whole area I live in got plagued by this all of a sudden.
Ah right, I think we might have different problems then. My issue has always been here, since the day I moved here. I took a look at your own post too and you're issue seems to be input lag, I don't have that issue sadly. I have straight-up stuttering and huge frame time spikes that some time freeze up the game for seconds.

dark9550

Post by dark9550 » 16 Feb 2023, 23:19

Hi, i have the same problem since 2020.
I live in Poland, in an old apartment from the 80s.
Till 2020 it was a really smooth gaming experience, then i bought a new PC and... here i am.
Frametime spikes/Stuttering all over the place, even in low-end games like cs go, rocket league, battlefield 1, half life 2, skyrim... it's crazy :(
Literally i've tried everything (rgb off, all windows settings, bios tweaks, new drivers, old drivers, underclocking, overclocking, swapping parts and much much more)
Also it happens on my ps5 and Iphone 12, and sometimes im feeling that my tv is "infected" too (how? hbo/netflix menu has awful frame-skips) so definitely there is nothing wrong with my pc.
Unfortunately i have no clue how to fix that.
Begging for help, any ideas? :/

Zodasaur

Post by Zodasaur » 17 Feb 2023, 17:53

dark9550 wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 23:19
Till 2020 it was a really smooth gaming experience, then i bought a new PC and... here i am.
Frametime spikes/Stuttering all over the place, even in low-end games like cs go, rocket league, battlefield 1, half life 2, skyrim... it's crazy :(
Literally i've tried everything (rgb off, all windows settings, bios tweaks, new drivers, old drivers, underclocking, overclocking, swapping parts and much much more)
Also it happens on my ps5 and Iphone 12, and sometimes im feeling that my tv is "infected" too (how? hbo/netflix menu has awful frame-skips) so definitely there is nothing wrong with my pc.
When the stuttering happens on your iphone are you connected to the charger or running off of the battery?

dark9550

Post by dark9550 » 17 Feb 2023, 20:37

Zodasaur wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 17:53
dark9550 wrote:
16 Feb 2023, 23:19
When the stuttering happens on your iphone are you connected to the charger or running off of the battery?
Running of the battery. Of course all my games on iphone are filled with stuttering, Roblox is completely unplayable, heavy CPU spike's every 5-10s (This game has perfomance stats in options)