I’m facing an issue that has spanned almost a decade

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Mr Fork

I’m facing an issue that has spanned almost a decade

Post by Mr Fork » 11 Feb 2023, 15:42

Firstly, I am writing this post in the hopes that I can find someone who’s had the exact same issue as me so that I can potentially fix it once and for all. I’m willing to bet that I won’t actually find anyone with this issue because of how totally bizarre it is, but I guess we’ll see…

I’ve had this issue since 2015, it started the day I moved to my current house, before moving here I had absolutely no issues. And before I get any further, this isn’t an input delay issue, which is what 99% of the posts on this forum seem to be about, my issue is regarding stuttering and frametime spikes which have carried over to multiple computers, keep in mind each of these computers have had all new parts, new monitors, new keyboard and mouses, new wiring, new cases, everything. Everything has been replaced multiple times over and over, so it’s 100% not a hardware or software issue before anyone asks that question!

These performance issues are present in all games, at all resolutions and it doesn’t matter if I play with an uncapped fps or if I limit it to 144fps or 30fps, the unplayable and constant amounts of stuttering remains. It’s also not an internet issue before anyone asks…

I should also add that all my PCs have been high end, so it’s not an issue of low specs.

As I said, I have had these issues since 2015, so at this point I have potentially tried everything there is to try, but this is where it gets strange.

I’ve come to the conclusion that my house is the reasoning for these issues, as I said before, these issues only started when I moved here, so back in late 2021 I purchased another computer, but instead of plugging it in at my house first, I took it to a friends house and kept it there for a few days, it worked completely fine, buttery smooth just like it was before I moved. I eventually had to take the PC back to my house and when I plugged it in the issues were back, games were now completely unplayable again. I instantly took it back to my friends house, where it had worked completely fine for days, only to plug it in and for it to run terribly again… this has led me to conclude that my house is somehow permanently damaging stuff that is plugged into it, because these performance issues are also present with my PS5 and Xbox Series X and even my LG C1 TV.

So in short…

- Issues have been present since 2015 and only started once I moved to this house

- It’s 100% not a hardware issue as I have tested around 7 brand new computers, all of which had the same issue

- Other hardware also suffer from stuttering issues, consoles have unplayable amounts of stuttering and my TV also stutters a lot when watching stuff

- These issues only begin once they’re plugged in at my house, as proven by me taking a brand new PC to my friends house first

- Once a PC or console is plugged in at mine, they will permanently suffer from constant stuttering, even when taken to another house

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: I’m facing an issue that has spanned almost a decade

Post by RealNC » 12 Feb 2023, 09:44

First thing to try is to uninstall all RGB software if you use it. It doesn't matter if it's for fans, keyboard, RAM, whatever. If it's for RGB, remove it. Next thing to try is to disable any virtualization support in the BIOS. Be it Intel VT-x or AMD-v/SVM.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 12 Feb 2023, 13:54

Do your offline devices suffer from the same problem? I'm talking about smartphones. Or do they have the same thing as a PC if you charge them in your house?

You could check it out. You need either a new smartphone or a cheap laptop that you can charge elsewhere. For example, friends, cafes, etc.

This will help to understand whether the problem is in the electrical network or an external source.
I do not know what kind of external source can influence this. First you need a smartphone test.

I do not believe in infection or breakdown from the electrical network (let's just say that the believe is not completely). It seems to me more that this is something external, some kind of source of emi or radiation.

By the way, no one anywhere talks about radiation, how it affects PC equipment and micro electronics in general.

delve

Post by delve » 12 Feb 2023, 15:35

interesting, have you made a post before here on blur busters? There is a story very similar to yours somewhere on the forum, maybe i can find it...

Edit:

here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7682&p=71795&hilit= ... use#p71795

this one is also similar in terms of "testing new pc at friends house"

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10561&p=86529&hili ... new#p86529
Last edited by delve on 12 Feb 2023, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 12 Feb 2023, 15:44

delve wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 15:35
interesting, have you made a post before here on blur busters? There is a story very similar to yours somewhere on the forum, maybe i can find it...
That guy was talking about solar power system gives his pc stutter I think

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 12 Feb 2023, 15:46

It’s your apartment I guess, I had same stutter issue in one of the apartments that was present all the time. Got fixed after moving out but didn’t fix input lag issue. Fix might need a lithium battery or change of apartments. Have you tried experimenting turning off electric breakers and leaving only one open to power your computer/equipment and test with it ?

delve

Post by delve » 12 Feb 2023, 16:04

assombrosso wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 15:44
delve wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 15:35
That guy was talking about solar power system gives his pc stutter I think
that is similar too, some smart monitoring devices were communicating via power line or something. but there was another one. Someone took a brand new pc to a friends house, where it worked fine, then at home it turned bad and I think it stayed bad even when testing again at the friends house, but maybe I remember it wrong.

Mr Fork

Post by Mr Fork » 12 Feb 2023, 20:58

RealNC wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 09:44
First thing to try is to uninstall all RGB software if you use it. It doesn't matter if it's for fans, keyboard, RAM, whatever. If it's for RGB, remove it. Next thing to try is to disable any virtualization support in the BIOS. Be it Intel VT-x or AMD-v/SVM.
I’ve tried all of this so many times over the last 8 years, none of it worked. Besides, I mentioned that it isn’t software issue in my post, the stutters are present on a clean install before any programs have been installed.

And as I said, one of the PCs ran fine for multiple days at my friends house to until the second I plugged it in at mine, so I am clearly dealing with something a bit more complicated than a software or bios issue, thanks anyway though.

Mr Fork

Post by Mr Fork » 12 Feb 2023, 21:00

assombrosso wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 15:46
It’s your apartment I guess, I had same stutter issue in one of the apartments that was present all the time. Got fixed after moving out but didn’t fix input lag issue. Fix might need a lithium battery or change of apartments. Have you tried experimenting turning off electric breakers and leaving only one open to power your computer/equipment and test with it ?
Did you ever get an electrician round to test your apartment before moving out?

assombrosso

Post by assombrosso » 13 Feb 2023, 00:35

Mr Fork wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 21:00
assombrosso wrote:
12 Feb 2023, 15:46
Did you ever get an electrician round to test your apartment before moving out?
Nah never, waste of money it will be